IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

Guest pixelives

Just that woody block stuff reminds me of Untilted. Haven't heard stuff like that since. The mixing is a whole new thing. Even different than Exai. Soupy, oceanic.

My fav so far is M39 Diffain. Some fucked up sci fi skeletal hip hop and since it's a bit slower you can hear all the depth going on.

anybody else hearing WNSN buried in the 2nd half of Tac Lacora? but it almost sounds like it is being remixed underneath and sped up

yes totally, but only after you first mentioned it..

a groovy cinematic Wnsn derivate

Just that woody block stuff reminds me of Untilted. Haven't heard stuff like that since. The mixing is a whole new thing. Even different than Exai. Soupy, oceanic.

My fav so far is M39 Diffain. Some fucked up sci fi skeletal hip hop and since it's a bit slower you can hear all the depth going on.

yes on both. M39 Diffain is becoming my favorite too.

oh shit, its out!? i thout it wasnt until the 20th or so!

That was my same reaction this morning. My brother (also a WATMM member) brought the news regarding the Warp L-Event stream to my attention.

tac Lacora is (currently) my favourite track on L-Event. I especially like the FM towards the end with the weird harmonics. The track title sounds like the name of some obscure locale or institution from a dream.

Even after sixteen years of listening to their music, I still don't know how the hell these guys manage to continually introduce new sounds.

yeah so last night newbound got me into a really sad mood. wtf.. memories surfaced which had to do with lost freindships, good persons i will never see again.. and i actually cried a little.... srsly i haven't shed a tear in years and now this, sean pls?!?

Guest Rulohead32

yeah so last night newbound got me into a really sad mood. wtf.. memories surfaced which had to do with lost freindships, good persons i will never see again.. and i actually cried a little.... srsly i haven't shed a tear in years and now this, sean pls?!?

L

O

L

Guest Rulohead32

This EP leaves me confused. I am pretty sure it's not bad and the question is more like how good is it really.

I have the same question.

I think Osla and newbound are great tracks, the two highlighs for me. tac Lacora has interesting sounds, but not the same emotion as the aformentioned. M39 is good up until like the 3:45 mark where it changes into something not as interesting. Though who knows with time. Last 2 tracks though... Man.

wrong, m39 is a fantastic track, the best off the ep imo and maybe up there with their most definitive tracks.

For me the one that falls short is the last one, the "melody" is nothing special imo.

imo imo.

I'm loving osla for n now, It's the one I "need" to listen to.

There's a bit where it sounds like it gets sucked in to a vacuum, all these tracks are very evocative and give me great brain images, even more than Exai.well done the chre!

THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST IMPRESSIVE SOUND DESIGN THAT EVOKES MADE-UP MATERIALS AND TEXTURES THEY HAVE DONE.. WHAT COULD IT BE CALLED? NON-SPECIFIC PHYSICAL MODELLING? SQUEAKY METALS HITTING GLASS IN RUBBER CAVES, ETC.. REALISTIC IN A FANTASTICAL WAY.

yep, the sound is perfect and much better, than every other ae release.

tac lacora: wow. what a banger.

tac Lacora is (currently) my favourite track on L-Event. I especially like the FM towards the end with the weird harmonics. The track title sounds like the name of some obscure locale or institution from a dream.

Even after sixteen years of listening to their music, I still don't know how the hell these guys manage to continually introduce new sounds.

the last minute of lacora is exactly how i would imagine an Alien language.