IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

newbound is the only track in which I find they challenged themselves and they actually made an interesting tune. But it still loses all the magic at 2 minutes in. I find these songs way too long for what they are.

Funny thing is I may even agree with you, but making this call literally minutes after the ep was released smacks of douchery

Guest Rulohead32

newbound is the only track in which I find they challenged themselves and they actually made an interesting tune. But it still loses all the magic at 2 minutes in. I find these songs way too long for what they are.

Funny thing is I may even agree with you, but making this call literally minutes after the ep was released smacks of douchery

Well, it's the same level of douchery than saying the EP is hella lush when people only heard the 45 second previews.

This EP is on a Gantz Graf & ISS:SA scale of intensity, for those who asked. Shocking to know that they have double album and this sort of stuff hanging at the same time.

This was my initial impression upon hearing the samples. I'm glad someone else agrees!

Well, it's the same level of douchery than saying the EP is hella lush when people only heard the 45 second previews.

No, it is not ;D

You were also talking about how terrible the ep was after hearing only 45 second snippits

I think that's called double dog douchery, but it's so hard to keep up with the lingo

this isn't music!

(kidding)

interesting though. Right after dissing rulohead, I find myself kind of agreeing with him. This is pleasurable, but it does feel a bit thin. I don't mind the length of the tracks at all, but there doesn't seem to be as much to unpack or digest as with typical ae. I had a hunger to listen to exai after listening to it for a few times.

tac Lacora does have some very similar sounding elements to gantz graf.

overall the ep is very soundtrack-y imo, sounds like a soundtrack to a short film. I like the sense of space in it, sounds like looking over some vast futurescape, watching industrial waste bubble up and smokestacks belch periodic flame a la Blade Runner.

Quite playful as well.

It's an odd one...hmm....very wet.

Guest Rulohead32

this isn't music!

(kidding)

interesting though. Right after dissing rulohead, I find myself kind of agreeing with him. This is pleasurable, but it does feel a bit thin. I don't mind the length of the tracks at all, but there doesn't seem to be as much to unpack or digest as with typical ae. I had a hunger to listen to exai after listening to it for a few times.

tac Lacora does have some very similar sounding elements to gantz graf.

overall the ep is very soundtrack-y imo, sounds like a soundtrack to a short film. I like the sense of space in it, sounds like looking over some vast futurescape, watching industrial waste bubble up and smokestacks belch periodic flame a la Blade Runner.

Quite playful as well.

It's an odd one...hmm....very wet.

OK I've been so annoying

I agree, Exai has more interesting elements. This EP, unlike Exai, is more for a background music, a constant leitmotiv, more conceptual than musical.

Instant love already as 'Osla for n' begins. I've put it into MusicBrainz styling it L—event (U+2014 and lower case "e"). Anyone got a handle on the definitive official title? If this is wrong, feel free to edit it.

Also, regarding the FLACs, do they not become 16bit after encoding? I suspect so because I once tried burning a 24bit WAV (of 'see on see', as it happens) to CD without success, encoded it as FLAC and then the burning went through smoothly.

…as 'newbound' beams into my ears.

Guest pixelives

The mixing/ mastering on this is really nice. Lot's of depth and "wet" was a very good description. Feels very stormy and rainy and rusty. Perfect Autumn record.

Also, regarding the FLACs, do they not become 16bit after encoding? I suspect so because I once tried burning a 24bit WAV (of 'see on see', as it happens) to CD without success, encoded it as FLAC and then the burning went through smoothly.

These FLACs are 16-bit, cost as much as WAV 16-bit and you still got an option to download WAV 16-bit when buying FLAC, but there is a possibility for FLAC to be 24-bit, too.

These FLACs are 16-bit, cost as much as WAV 16-bit and you still got an option to download WAV 16-bit when buying FLAC, but there is a possibility for FLAC to be 24-bit, too.

Ah, cheers for clearing that up, Amen Lare. Yeah, `man flac` says you use --bps=# to set bits per sample. Maybe the default is 16. I may encode my 24bit WAVs to 24bit FLAC for tall bit depth scrobbling goodness.

It's the opposite of background music, it's constantly shifting, if you won't pay attention it does nothing unlike ambient drowning.

Exactly

This EP is like:

flep

vekos

bladelores

tuinorizn

prac-f

runrepik

nodezsh

recks on

YJY uX

thrown in a blender