IGNORED

Spike Jonze - Her

Redruth

there is a 'plastic', awkward, uncomfortable quality to this that i'm not sure i'll be able to endure. the scarlett johansson voice thingy is a bit 'off key' and inappropriate in my ears, as much as i want to enter her warm spots; her voice in this seems to be a turn-off. i may be wrong and as i am only speculating with all of u, of course opinions can change, obviously , from trailer to full feature film, but in my eyes and ears, this is lacking texture and depth and will likely leave something to be desired. 'adaptation' and 'being john malkovich' r crown jewels and jones has given me much pleasuring throughout the years. here's to him scraping up the glassy sheen on his mainstream success a bit and getting back his basics.

I'm generally sick and tired of recent movies who propagate some "what if in the future..." kind of message.

They make me confused and not knowing whether to feel worried or celebrate the inevitable human masturbation over his own (ill-) genius.

And to top that, the movies themselves offer no clear point of view on these things...they just take the easy way out in a "ok-here-you-go-now-figure-it-out-or-die-assimilated" kind of scenario. It's lazy do it that way if you think sincerely as an author. Or it's straight insane if it's all for the purpose of passing the time.

yes

Haha, do you mean any sci-fi GA? That's kinda crazy if you mean that (all Sci-fi is a "what if in the future..." kinda deal).

This story could be set in the present though, it's not that unlikely that you could set up a Suri type OS with more options.

I like the concept it brings up of if someone could really fall in love with a personality alone, even if it doesn't belong to a person.

Being a huge fan of Joaquin Phoenix I'm sure he will make this film work, even with the dodgy 80s tash (I just can't stop looking at it).

some thoughts after seeing the trailer:

Spike Jonze needs writers to write for him, he knows how to shoot, this film looks really boring and the story will not be gripping in any way.

Speaking of gripping, Joaquin better have some masturbation scenes with his phone or this film is pure BS.

I love Amy Adams but I think the Man of Steel was a phone-it-in performance by her and this has created a vortex for her career. All of those questioning her ability to act should watch The Master or Doubt. She is great but only if her director is as well. Hack Snyder is not great.

I am glad to see Joaquin playing a normal role in contrast to Freddie in The Master. A good career choice.

This film will not be nearly as well written or interesting as any Black Mirror episode but it does look like a cheap, Bicentennial Man, version of the first ep of the second series of Black Mirror.

I will see this but I have only the lowest of expectations.

Where the Wild Things Are is a kid's movie for adults, which is a failure in execution. I still enjoy some of the scenes but mostly it is disturbing even for myself and not in a good way. Nightmares.

This film will be saccharine sweet.

And it will give you brain cancer.

Cannot wait for shots of people texting.

I don't see that irl enough.

Stop using Aphex Twin's music in mediocre/awful films.

Apparently after the success of The Master it's now written into his contract that he must masturbate in every film.

It's at the discretion of the director/producer as to if the scene makes it into the final cut of the film.

What a shitty contract then for Monsieur Phoenix.

Wankeen Fenix.

Yep,

I went there.

This film could end up being really bad, with the little experience Jonze has with writing full on, three act screenplays.

If Wankine totally duct tapes the phone to the face of a sex doll, and fulfills the obligations spoken of within his contract?

I would feel like I am watching something not horribly contrived and distant from creative writing.

I hope the film isn't horrible.

I'm just going to asume I'll love this film until I see it. If I hate it I might send him shit in the mail... but until then.

PS I have a horrible feeling the moustache is going to ruin my enjoyment of this film. I hope I'm incorrect.

Spike Jonze is that moustache. He shrank himself down and just started hanging out on Joaquin's upper lip. He's an asshole.

Oh wait I get it now!!!

The writer is a version of himself, that's why he has the dumb moustache!

spike-jonze-slice.jpg

Seriously though, with the tash and glasses combo it makes him look like Groucho Marx.

Just give him a cigar and be done with it!

• 4 months later...

Will deff watch it...when torrent becomes available.

Havent seen the trailer, but comibookgurl19 or whatever gave a nice review, so i will allow this piece of shit a bit of my time.

Olivia Wilde as blind date is already so far beyond the pale

first thing I thought when I was reading the synopsis.

she's pretty cool in person though, quite down to earth.

I don't give a shit if my opinion is unpopular. This is the best movie I've seen in a while, and one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Amazing acting, writing, visuals...it seriously has it all. Jonze knocked it out of the park, I can't wait to see what he does next.

Fuck all the haters! And I predict that this movie will win many awards this year.

Saw this today was pretty meh. Some good shots but the story was boring did a better job in black mirror.

The David oreiley animation was super funny and cool though.

6/Siri's

Guest zaphod

this wasn't very good at all. pretty boring. i wanted the artificial intelligences to unite at the end and destroy the world. probably not a good sign.

Is this part of Hollywood's conspiracy to turn all guys into milquetoasts or does Joaquin actually fuck his computer/go down on the floppy drive or what?

I'll always have a "soft spot" for Amy Adams.

me too. i lub her (too bad she's not really in it- and the douche bag supposedly dating her dumps her WTF?)

SPOILER ALERT!

the worst parts imo were the parts where wankin pheonix goes on a date with the os and his friends (like a double date). i don't know why but that was just made me crack up

most of the movie made me crack up. there were a lot of tonal issues. it was more of a magical realist take on an sf concept than a real science fiction film. pretty bland.

felt very self referential to spike jonze's own divorce from sofia coppola, like his answer to lost in translation. which is to say, navel gazing and not very focused.

Archived