IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Finally got my copy today. It's been a long 11 days. This is wonderful. So many microscopic noises in here that are so faint they might be imaginary. This is beauty. Wow! Happy!

Guest jasondonervan

Was anyone else a bit peeved when seeing it on bleep? I was.

I wasn't, although that's just because I neglected to order it sooner. Saw the Bleep mailer this morning, order in.

Was anyone else a bit peeved when seeing it on bleep? I was.

I wasn't, although that's just because I neglected to order it sooner. Saw the Bleep mailer this morning, order in.

I was just because I fucking hate Paypal and had to create an account to order from AP last week. If I’d known it was gonna pop up on Blerp I would have just waited and used my big-boy credit card to order.

But, not really. I think it’s awesome Aleksi is getting some press / distro / attention for this release. It makes it less WATMMSEKRET which in some ways is a bummer, but those are all selfish ways, I think. Sounds to me like this stuff deserves to be heard.

what's wrong with astrobotnia???

nothing at all, but for me this whole idea of doing a conceptual sort of minimalist space ambient album is something very attractive to own on a physical format. Already listened to level 5 and it is easily one of the best minimal electronic albums I've ever heard, the next AE/H30 collaborations if they happen could learn a lot from something this fucking elegant and effective. Most of the 'minimalist' or lofi ambient stuff popular these days is like the polar opposite of this, soaked in lofi dithering effects, bandpassed to fucking hell. This is like full audio spectrum extremely expertly crafted minimalism, completely non reliant on an effects bed to hide what you're hearing and restraint that I very rarely see in 'electronic music'. Maybe not since Dopplereffekt's Calabi Yau Space. The world needs more music this awesome is all im saying. Arguably 0 and some of the Raster Noton stuff has a similar vibe but I can't remember the last time a Mika Vanio album did anything like this for me

Lush post would read again

Guest bitroast

IT"S GUD. IT'S REALLY GUD.

kind of.. ambient album of the year type material. i know there's beats but this stuff is so meditative and drone-y it's hard not to recognise it as pure ambience.

only got around to listening to the Ovuca bonus album last night, expecting ovuca style songs. but holy shit it just sounds like more colundi sequence style tracks. different approach but the vibe is sort of similar on the tracks. i'm pretty happy with how concise and similar the whole package sounds, being an aleksi fan and noticing the change in style quite a bit.

wow mental union 4 is blowing my mind! I can barely function while listening.

excited to see what the other discs do to my brain.

also nice pics jasondonervan gonna use 'em as artwork in winamp

Guest jasondonervan

You're very welcome re. the pics :beer:

I'm working from home today, so this is going to be playing all day! :music:

Guest transmisiones ferox

Order Boards of Canada - Twoism, received this instead, flol Bleep

btw sound nice,checking disc 1now, flol :biggrin:

Nuotrauka0229.jpg

Nuotrauka0231.jpg

Edited by arvy Ictal

Guest bitroast

Holy shit ! You better contact bleep. It's a limited item and it's suck for whoever didn't received their copy for no good reason !!

Guest jasondonervan

On my first listen, zomg this is amazing! Such beautiful electronics, very sound library-esque on the first two discs, but plenty of more traditional tunes on the others to enjoy. And the mastering is sublime... I'm having a bit of a :braindance: here! I can see this being in my top 3 for 2014, calling it already.

And to think that I would've completely missed it, had it not been for a cursory glance at the Bleep newsletter...

Guest transmisiones ferox

Yeah, enjoy this Mental Union disc also

this was the most mindfucked deal with the Bleep ever, but I'm enjoying the ride!

Edited by arvy Ictal

im loving this! i just got done listening to the ovuca cd and it's effing awesome! it deserves heaps of praise! when biogenesis (track 9) hit, i was just stunned. i love moments like that! and theres still so much for me to properly take in.