IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Especially Hiders, what would even be left of that one if you removed its beat?

That makes sense because I prefer to listen to silence than that lame ass track.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a 9.0 on pitchfork (best new music) with Come Down To Us being a best new track. lol

Though I like the ep, I don't adore it.

What even is happening with this rating. It's higher than what they rated Untrue, Kindred and Truant/Roughsleeper

What a bunch of deaf downies

I don't even bother with ratings anymore at Pitchfork. Those are decided after meetings, acclaim or dismissal of releases are determined before they are even given a writer assignment. It's all extremely calculated. In fact, Pfork is tamer and more predictable than ever. They are also wielding more corporate influence than anyone else in the music industry, yet amazingly still convincing people of their "indie" cred. This particular writer is an associate editor and he seems to write "Best New Music" reviews often, including ones that are essentially hand-picked acts that the music industry has successfully crossed over into mainstream recognition (Examples: Disclosure and Chvrches).

This is extremely insightful behind the scenes look from a writer who recently left Pfork. I actually don't care much for his writing and reviews but I thought this was pretty cool for him to write this. It's about as good of a peek into their bullshit operation as we can get.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Got a 9.0 on pitchfork (best new music) with Come Down To Us being a best new track. lol

What even is happening with this rating. It's higher than what they rated Untrue, Kindred and Truant/Roughsleeper

I don't even bother with ratings anymore at Pitchfork. Those are decided after meetings, acclaim or dismissal of releases are determined before they are even given a writer assignment. It's all extremely calculated. In fact, Pfork is tamer and more predictable than ever. They are also wielding more corporate influence than anyone else in the music industry, yet amazingly still convincing people of their "indie" cred. This particular writer is an associate editor and he seems to write "Best New Music" reviews often, including ones that are essentially hand-picked acts that the music industry has successfully crossed over into mainstream recognition (Examples: Disclosure and Chvrches).

This is extremely insightful behind the scenes look from a writer who recently left Pfork. I actually don't care much for his writing and reviews but I thought this was pretty cool for him to write this. It's about as good of a peek into their bullshit operation as we can get.

They published this latest Burial review all of 2 days after the stream. Seriously, how does anyone take them seriously anymore?

They probably heard the transgender sample and then formulated some stupid narrative about how Burial is accepting who he is.

Pitchfork is almost a lost voice these days. I still check it, but they're kind of lost/stuck in that mid 00's indie mentality. As a website, a mentality, it's stagnated, naturally. Same as Rolling Stone, they're oldies now.

All well and good, but yeah, you can see them lagging behind,

this new ep is like taking a photo of your penis and put it on every computer's desktop.

rival dealer is burial feat jean alesi

hiders wham!

come down to us final fantasy XXVIII

I give this review a Pitchfork 9.0

thanks! ヽ( °◇°)ノ

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

I give this a 8.8 but... BEST NEW REVIEW

(Your invite to play at WATMMFest Chicago will arrive shortly)

Speaking of Final Fantasy and cheese and sped up breaks and unabashed emotion, I was holding off on throwing out the likely superficial comparison of the EP to Elite Gymnastics but what the hell...

Those elements do undermine the tracks, but that's a good thing because what's being undermined was at risk of becoming some seriously tedious melodramatic shit without those additions. To me they drive home the point that this is an uplifting feel-good release, it is schmaltzy but in a happy not a sad way, more "Anorak Christmas" than "In The Ghetto".

Listening to Anorak Christmas now - good stuff.

Yeah, this doesn't hang together like his last two EPs. I thought they were really disjointed before(though I still really like them) this one is just kinda sloppy. The cheese is eyebrow raising, but I could see him including a bit of that over the course of a full album and it could seem really fresh. Who knows man.

Yeah, this doesn't hang together like his last two EPs. I thought they were really disjointed before(though I still really like them) this one is just kinda sloppy. The cheese is eyebrow raising, but I could see him including a bit of that over the course of a full album and it could seem really fresh. Who knows man.

Why talk in 3rd person

This EP is definitely growing on me too, it sounds so earnest and beautiful. It sounds like all that R&B in the 90s that was on the radio when I was a kid (and never really liked, but now do like because of nostalgia reasons) is being wrapped up in a dream, it feels so familiar in a good way.

Like the way Bochum Welt seems to be able to distill all the lovely sounds from the 80s/90s and use them in those lovely tunes like Baph etc

There's a Bochum welt tune named Baph? I don't think I've ever really listened to Bochum welt. Oops, lol

Why talk in 3rd person

Dude I'm fucking schizo. It's hard being Burial and The Four Tets at the same damn time.

Now if you excuse me I have some bell sounds to sample.

Glad I am not alone in thinking this is god awful. :D

me too, it's literally the first time I've been in these burial threads that I can say with certainty that the honeymoon is over, there will still be fans but I've never seen anything like this before. I have to admit it's a little bit satisfying

Satisfying? I'm not sure what your investment in all of this is.

Call me crazy, but when I don't like an artist, even an overhyped one that gets, what I believe to be, unfounded praise... I just go own with my life. It really affects me in no absolute way what so ever... You've stated many times before that you don't like Burial... What compelled you to even listen to this release anyways? It's so incredibly easy to filter out stuff these days, it seems like youd have to actively attempt to listen to stuff you don't like, and that makes no sense to me.

Archived