IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Cross-post, but the people need to know what a corrupting influence Joyrex has been on the world's population

ibwIC064Lyt3HC.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortuantely this will be on What within an hour of release, the bounty will be too big for someone not to bite.

Yeah... kinda stupid, really - why not just pay the 16.00 and get it? Oh, right, it's cool to steal and not pay for something... or some "principle" of not paying for something like this, etc.

Yeah... kinda stupid, really - why not just pay the 16.00 and get it?

Moral arguments aside, you can't really call it stupid. It's the smartest thing to do - why pay money for something when you can get it for free? That's the opposite of stupid. Whether it's the "right" thing to do, however, is a question of morals, not intelligence.

So does RDJ still have the original files for this record? If so, I don't know why we're bothering with this rip the vinyl shit...

a great vinyl rip blows the pants off anything

Yeah... kinda stupid, really - why not just pay the 16.00 and get it?

Moral arguments aside, you can't really call it stupid. It's the smartest thing to do - why pay money for something when you can get it for free? That's the opposite of stupid. Whether it's the "right" thing to do, however, is a question of morals, not intelligence.

I see your point (and had that mindset at one time), but honestly, it's easier (in most cases) to pay for something legitimately instead of waiting until it's pirated (for me)...

joyrex, now that richard has forgiven you for "quite good" comment maybe you can ask him to do a watmm interview?? we can send him like 10 questions! would be awesome

of course after you bought the wu-tang box

morals vs intelligence, hmmm, that is quite the question there..

You have been surprisingly quiet about all of this.

unfortuantely this will be on What within an hour of release, the bounty will be too big for someone not to bite.

It would be naive to think otherwise, but the intention was/is to ensure folks have the opportunity to show their support, knowing that they will contribute towards the release and feel like they made it happen. The fact that the kickstarter has wildly exceeded anyone's expectations is the best outcome of all (short of receiving the actual end product, of course), as it demonstrates that people are prepared to pay for something, even when they could just obtain it easily for free.

The old ways of the music industry that we've all known and grown up around may well be dying on their arse, but this heralds an interesting new method of how music can be paid for and distributed to the public. I'm not saying every future new release potentially promoted in this way is going to achieve the dizzy heights of a decades-old release from RDJ, with all the excitement that comes with it.. but it poses an interesting stepping point for how to get music out there, and ultimately a better way to reward an artist more directly than ever before.

Exactly - if an artist or label could crowdfund their releases, not only does more money go to the artist (and can control how much of that money they get), but it gets the fans involved far beyond just making a purchase. I'm almost certainly going to use Kickstarter to fund a WATMM Volume 2 - who knows, we could have a vinyl stretch goal, etc. - the possibilities are endless.

joyrex, now that richard has forgiven you for "quite good" comment maybe you can ask him to do a watmm interview?? we can send him like 10 questions! would be awesome

A "AATA", if it were? Who knows...

BANG $30,000!!!!!!

Can I have my YouTube 30 seconds I watched back? Please?

figure out a way to watermark each download so we can find the leaker and do unspeakable things to him

I think watermarking is something we absolutely should not be doing

I really hope no-one involved in this is seriously thinking about doing this?

shhh, quiet. i'm being quiet!

edit: shhh

yerp, lets not fk this thread up with that debate, or i'll make an executive decision and take the initiative from a tired JR and delete all the posts relating to it from this hallowed thread.

I put the hallowed in for the xlt people, cause that's how they perceive the way we see things isn't it. Well at least the trolls there do, which are a vocal vocal vocal minority no doubt. Also, probably many of those are dupes from an even smaller cadre of members that probably were banned from here at some point, for being bitter douches even back then. It's funny, i read that thread that they made knocking the kickstarter and just chuckled at it, fascinated by it. It was as if the contributors to the thread were reciting sentiments from some odd play that they were stuck performing, forever perfecting their parts.

I then began to read the RIP joyrex thread, at first i looked at it good naturedly, but a few posts in their bile got to me, embittered, angered and even intimidated me a little.

Fuck those guys seriously, some of them, mostly the dupes and hangers on, the ones that make threads like that there and blight phobiazero with their infantile dance into iniquity.

It would be naive to think otherwise, but the intention was/is to ensure folks have the opportunity to show their support, knowing that they will contribute towards the release and feel like they made it happen. The fact that the kickstarter has wildly exceeded anyone's expectations is the best outcome of all (short of receiving the actual end product, of course), as it demonstrates that people are prepared to pay for something, even when they could just obtain it easily for free.

The old ways of the music industry that we've all known and grown up around may well be dying on their arse, but this heralds an interesting new method of how music can be paid for and distributed to the public. I'm not saying every future new release potentially promoted in this way is going to achieve the dizzy heights of a decades-old release from RDJ, with all the excitement that comes with it.. but it poses an interesting stepping point for how to get music out there, and ultimately a better way to reward an artist more directly than ever before.

Exactly - if an artist or label could crowdfund their releases, not only does more money go to the artist (and can control how much of that money they get), but it gets the fans involved far beyond just making a purchase. I'm almost certainly going to use Kickstarter to fund a WATMM Volume 2 - who knows, we could have a vinyl stretch goal, etc. - the possibilities are endless.

A "AATA", if it were? Who knows...

BANG $30,000!!!!!!

Can I have my YouTube 30 seconds I watched back? Please?

hahaa, sorry :watmm:

aata, i don't think i could handle that, i'd would be total sick if if he answerd like some selected watmm questions :cisfor:

the aphex fever is peaking, if he realy has a new produced track with die antwoord shit is gonna blow up

Edited by Ivan Ooze