IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

so now this is unlimited? so now Joyrex has to send money to (possibly) 5000+ people after the record sells?

I think that part of the plan is terrible. give 1/2 to aphex and 1/2 to charity.

guess it's too late now

The excess money from the sale is going to Richard/Rephlex (see FAQ on the first page) and the sale of the record afterwards is going to charity ( http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83062-which-charity-should-get-the-proceeds-of-the-ebay-sale/ )

Originally it seemed like a good idea because there would only be 600 backers - when we agreed to remove that restriction so more people could get it, that part quickly became non-viable. It will go 1/2 charity 1/2 Rephlex/Richard most likely.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

saved yourself some serious time there James. I was very saddened to learn that your name isn't Gerald however

Originally it seemed like a good idea because there would only be 600 backers - when we agreed to remove that restriction so more people could get it, that part quickly became non-viable. It will go 1/2 charity 1/2 Rephlex/Richard most likely.

Such a good plan (edit: the new one, I mean). The charity part is one of the major selling-points for me, at least.

Edited by apriorion

saved yourself some serious time there James. I was very saddened to learn that your name isn't Gerald however

Why do you keep going on about that? That was a coworker's picture I posted as a laugh, and his name WAS Gerald!

Guest skibby

so now this is unlimited? so now Joyrex has to send money to (possibly) 5000+ people after the record sells?

I think that part of the plan is terrible. give 1/2 to aphex and 1/2 to charity.

guess it's too late now

The excess money from the sale is going to Richard/Rephlex (see FAQ on the first page) and the sale of the record afterwards is going to charity ( http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83062-which-charity-should-get-the-proceeds-of-the-ebay-sale/ )

at this rate, it seems like theres enough surplus value for each backer to earn a profit init?

guess it's too late now

at this rate, it seems like theres enough surplus value for each backer to earn a profit init?

The once-proposed rerun to backers was from the Ebay auction sale, not the Kickstarter.

Naw, but a real post:

Since this test pressing is supposedly UN-PLAYED, perhaps the rip could come from a laser turntable, so the vinyl stays in some museum perfection. (Then, it can be re-sold decades later for like, A BIRRION DALLA (due to inflation, that is about $100k).)

We should pay Aphex to do a weeklong AMA on WATMM, AAA style

So all our specualtions and questions will be answered once and for all

with bullshit mostly, but still answered

Edited by triachus

I too was thinking of laser turntables, although I've heard they have trouble with dust.

Step 1) Professionally clean vinyl in UFO craft by Greys with tech from 300 years in the future. (or air duster, water, towel made of angel wings)

Step 2) Use the laser turntable on the Greys' craft, A/D converter from 300 years in the future; somehow still using a FireWire audio box and iTunes.

Step 3) Use Grey technology to access RDJ's memory, to output bonus tracks that didn't make final cut.

Step 4) Ignore journalists when they ask how audio quality of "Hi-Fi x9000" was achieved.

Step 5) Freak out townspeople by riding around in a bicycle with a Grey in the front basket; blasting newly ripped LP through bicycle speakers.

With the final numbers for the Kickstarter campaign currently being projected by some at $95million (2:1 Vegas odds), the above Grey technology utilization might very well be possible.

Godspeed.

why are there 8 blokes who gave LESS than $16?? Like why/>

Supporting the cause and not taking up the bandwidth for a digital download. Not seeing the problem here

if you want to hear what an amazing vinyl rip really should sound like find a Beatles "Rip by Dr. Robert"

Then delete cause the Beatles should be paid

why are there 8 blokes who gave LESS than $16?? Like why/>

Yeah, I noticed that too - I'll probably reach out to them just so they understand they need to contribute at least 16.00 to get a digital copy.