IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Gave the album a first listen, first five didn't do much for me, but from there on I just luved it.

will hear again.

and again.

Multiple listens, haven't heard anything that reminds me of BOC.

produk 29 @ 1:20.

I got instant boc vibes.

probably just me tho.

loads of you are really over analysing syro. it's an excellent album - enough said.

Everyone is lel. I agree :)

Also like spiral said above. What's with the obsession with being 'the best'

I like all his LP's (and lots of others) for different reasons, so I can't really compare them.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

loads of you are really over analysing syro. it's an excellent album - enough said.

Everyone is lel. I agree :)

Also like spiral said above. What's with the obsession with being 'the best'

I like all his LP's (and lots of others) for different reasons, so I can't really compare them.

Word. Might have to avoid this subforum for a bit I think, haha

The only thing I cringe about on Syro is hearing the vocal sample in produk 29 - is it really necessary? The vocals aren't even melodic or processed/vocoded - just sounds totally out of place with such a magnificent track. Would much better without them I think; they don't add anything.

Bit of a puzzle that track. Can't help thinking it's a very pointed dig at somebody, 1: because of that odd voice sample, 2: because it's a total mimickry of Luke Vibert

Not suggesting it's a dig at Vibert himself, btw..

The only thing I cringe about on Syro is hearing the vocal sample in produk 29 - is it really necessary? The vocals aren't even melodic or processed/vocoded - just sounds totally out of place with such a magnificent track. Would much better without them I think; they don't add anything.

omg one of my favorite moments on album actually!) and synth that comes next...makes me almost cum. so afexish

every time i listen to that, it's like I'm running out of some dirty shit club with hoes, down to beautiful acid night streets, very visual...

fyi syro u473t8+e [14198][piezoluminescence mix] is incredible tbqh imo. The bit between 10 and 13 seconds that is repeated throughout makes my ears smile

Edited by Ifeelspace

omg one of my favorite moments on album actually!) and synth that comes next...makes me almost cum. so afexish

every time i listen to that, it's like I'm running out of some dirty shit club with hoes, down to beautiful acid night streets, very visual...

so it depends on what you associate the track with then... because i associate the production of that track with 'next level space shit' - not some dirty night club with a stupid conversation playing out between girls.

Am I an entitled dink for being bent out of shape with bleep for not releasing my digital pre-order despite the fact that the album a) leaked last week and b) some people are have their copies?

Bugs the hell out of me. There'd better be some nice goodies in my mailbox on Monday or I'm gonna put on my cranky pants. Bleep, you have been warned.

Has anyone heard, or previewed, the Japanese bonus track yet?!?

13. "MARCHROMT30A edit 2b 96 [104.98]" 7:19

I need MOAR!

I haven't even received shipping notification from japan, but surely someone will post rips the moment stars begin selling copies...

HOWEVER, are you suggesting that this extra track isn't just some ridiculous pisstake?

also did you create shitty leaks this time, or is that only for ae

Am I an entitled dink for being bent out of shape with bleep for not releasing my digital pre-order despite the fact that the album a) leaked last week and b) some people are have their copies?

Bugs the hell out of me. There'd better be some nice goodies in my mailbox on Monday or I'm gonna put on my cranky pants. Bleep, you have been warned.

meh. I've been planning all week to do my first listening on a long walk tonight. If bleep continues cunting those across the pond, than I'll just torrent it in 0.0000006 seconds, whatever.

So got the car/train from my little town 400km to the Big Smoke to go to a mates 40th...........ended up downloading my bleep purchase on the train and had the perfect first listen. Then hit tower records 10 mins out of the train to get my dropcard whatever the fuck that's for (they had no idea). Back on the train home to the kiddies for more listens.

PRETTY GREAT weekend all round!

tumblr_nc97fwqLHE1tr302ho1_1280.jpg

Got bored and turned it off. Dull. A few moments in there that half remind me a bit of Drukqs, in a really boring Logic Audio on a Mac kind of all sounds the same kind of way, but it is really poor other than this.

2/10. The time for Aphex Twin has gone.

Got bored and turned it off. Dull. A few moments in there that half remind me a bit of Drukqs, in a really boring Logic Audio on a Mac kind of all sounds the same kind of way, but it is really poor other than this.

You're so wrong. Now GTFO! :diablo:

edit: nice beard density Phudoshin

Edited by Ifeelspace

Hello Richard. :D

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/syro/id911622133 Not sure if anyone else spotted it, but you can hear a preview of the japanese bonus track here (Doesn't work on the webpage for me, but works fine in itunes itself.)

direct link

http://a1821.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Music3/v4/a6/60/5f/a6605f61-cb17-0c47-a58e-0d4cd0069865/mzaf_3861112189213440526.plus.aac.p.m4a

seems it's only 0:30 in-browser, guess it's 1:30 in itunes

Edited by Gravity

let me see what's more boring. Your complaining or syro?

on yer bike mate

Edited by beerwolf

Well... Finally got to listen to it in its entirety.

I have to say I really like it. It's like The Tuss mixed with a more accessible version of Drukqs. Which I love, because I could never really get that much into Drukqs, even tough it had some amazing tunes

The melodies aren't blowing me away, like with previous Aphex records, but the amazing and groovy beats is honestly some of the best beat production I've heard in years.

The whole "it's nothing new/not innovative enough" criticism is just so tiring. The same was said about the new BOC and Burial, and yet I think it was some of the best music released in recent years (just my opinion of course). But I feel like that criticism is directed at everything these days.

And I know it's a cliché, but if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

I honestly don't really give a shit about innovation, I just want to listen to enjoyable music. It's not a parameter that takes anything away from the actual listening experience in the end.

And just to be clear, I actually don't think it's not innovative. The beat production is kind of groundbreaking to me. It's probably pretty straightforward, some would say, but you don't hear beat production on this level very often.

Edited by Npoess

let me see what's more boring, you complaining or syro?

I am not complaining. I am stating the fact that all you fanboys seem too blind / in denial to admit. Syro is comparative junk, and throwaway compared to Drukqs, SAW I and II, ICBYD and RDJ. There is nothing in there which is mind blowing, and it is all just the same dull stuff he has been doing for ages now; that shuffling funk break thing which came in around the time of the MEN releases and some half hearted aphexish pads and melodys. Compare Syro to Drukqs on all levels and you will find a poor immitation. This will be forgotten and cast into the meaningless internet download world of music, along with everything else since we all went online.

Shame, but there you go.

I am off to listen to SAWII which is a geniune masterpiece, unlike this all-in-the-box junk that Syro turned out to be.

You're so wrong. Now GTFO! :diablo:

edit: nice beard density Phudoshin

Is this a discussion forum? Or a forum only to copy/paste each other's compliments, maybe after randomizing some of the superlatives?