IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Probably one of the best Japan-only bonus tracks I've ever heard.

http://youtu.be/SiVmqDB8I2U

Enjoy.

Yesss!! thank you good sir, this track is pretty descent, really wish he replaced a few tracks of Syro with this tune.

Thanks, Jason! Surprised how good this track is :music:

It'll definitely go into the regular playlist with the rest of the album once I can get a proper hold of it

Guest trananhhung

There's one thing I kind of don't get about Syro. I'm now listening to Chosen Lords and everything sounds cleaner and crisp, although it's all analogue, right? Why did he go for this hiss and constant noise in Syro, which he even plays with at the end of one the last tracks (can't remember which one)? I really prefer how songs are mastered in Chosen Lords.

Edited by trananhhung

There's one thing I kind of don't get about Syro. I'm now listening to Chosen Lords and everything sounds cleaner and crisp, although it's all analogue, right? Why did he go for this hiss and constant noise in Syro, which he even plays with at the end of one the last tracks (can't remember which one)? I really prefer how songs are mastered in Chosen Lords.

I blame Scotland. ;P

Guest trananhhung

Chosen Lords is such a good compilation. With that album and all the The Tuss stuff it's a big baffling to read critics say that Syro is his first proper stuff since 2001. For Warp, yes.

Chosen Lords is such a good compilation. With that album and all the The Tuss stuff it's a big baffling to read critics say that Syro is his first proper stuff since 2001. For Warp, yes.

Not just chosen lords, but the broader ana lords (bwoon dub, vbs.redlof.b, and many others missing!), of course.

Anyway warp marketing was in super-overdrive for syro, we already knew that.

what surprises me is rdj's willingness to do interviews and stuff like that? wtf?

Also, I've tried like hell to buy a legit copy of the Japanese bonus track but iTunes Japan won't accept my credit card.

I don't want to pirate this, but damn I can 't find another way to get it.

Nice, I guess this means my japanese import should arrive fairly soon ??????????

Where's the best place to go if I want import one of the Japanese CDs with the bonus track to the US?

I pre-ordered via amazon jp. There was some discussion in the syro thread in "new & upcoming releases" subforum:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84585-aphex-twin-syro/

I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Also, if sending lots of money to aphex's kids, wives, and ex-girlfriends matters to you, I guess lots of the cost here will instead go to shipping companies. (I felt silly about that and got the bleep download pre-order. and I felt silly about not getting that in the US yet so I use pirate bay. an eternal chain of whatever.)

Got bored and turned it off. Dull. A few moments in there that half remind me a bit of Drukqs, in a really boring Logic Audio on a Mac kind of all sounds the same kind of way, but it is really poor other than this.

2/10. The time for Aphex Twin has gone.

TsU9kkh.gif