IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

If I could make decisions for Warp I would ABSOLUTELY release download links to preorderers as soon as it leaked. I imagine impatient people who have ordered or intend to order will download the leak if they think their purchased release isn't coming for a few days. Even if you torrent the thing and close the file as soon as you finish, you will be seeding. That means more nodes spreading the thing. If you release files to purchasers, you inoculate a group of listeners, and the files will stop there. Now, maybe this group of listeners is very small, but I think it's possible they will drive the early spread, which, of course, will grow quickly and establish a base from which the large amounts of less-interested folks can download freely. Of course none this may matter because, the internet, but Warp should at least endeavor to please its dedicated customers because those are the folks keeping purchased music alive.

Edited by coolandfrank

I hope i dont look like a troll because its my first post, but i've got the album at my record store yesterday and i have to admit - personally i think the album isnt that great

of course there is metz and manchester track but despite that those other tracks dont have the magic other afx albums had.

The last track is pretty good tho.

That's fine if you don't like it/it's not to your personal taste.

But what do you mean by it "isn't that great"?

Is there something you've heard recently that you find better? Something specific that makes the album not great? IE lack of technical skills?

I find it hard to believe that it's not good music, although I understand if it's not to your taste.. =/

Last time they didn't release Oversteps until release date. Even so leaks where all over the place.

They did release Exai like a full month before release date.

And they previewed TH on a stream a week or more before release date.

I'm REALLY surprised Syro hasn't leaked yet. It will happen any minute now...any... minute. . . :wtf::derp::blink::fail:

as a member of the consyrotive party, i would suggest that bleep conservatively release the album on the previously arranged date, to avoid any of those interesting surprises we're so worried about.

ps. if we lose scotland, we lose richard. vote no.

lol indeed

(just a little offtopic question)

Why are they voting now and not 5, 10 or 20 Years ago ?

Good question to be honest, I'm not sure. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to distance themselves from Cameron's government though.