IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Joyrex mentioned 'other surprises' or whatever....

eznzea is on the way.

Actually, something even more exciting... stay tuned.

Something more exciting than another Aphex album?

Err.. What could that be?

ra5zS9G.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

eznzea is on the way.

ra5zS9G.jpg

fucking hlel

can someone please tell me how they can hear compression differences between vinyl and cd/flac before i compress your fucking heads..come onn..(sorry binge watching sopranos while drinking scotch you cunts) single malt..none of this fairy blended shit.

Edited by thrones

eznzea is on the way.

ra5zS9G.jpg

Had a mouth full of cereal when I scrolled to this and almost lost it.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

can someone please tell me how they can hear compression differences between vinyl and cd/flac before i compress your fucking heads..come onn..(sorry binge watching sopranos while drinking scotch you cunts) single malt..none of this fairy blended shit.

They were mastered by different people. CD and digital was mastered by Mandy Parnel (except Minipops which was done by Beau Thomas) and vinyl was 100% mastered by Beau Thomas. It's written on the sleeve of the LP

if i understand this right, the inertia and momentum of the needle leads to its own kind of compression, an inability to express drastic dynamics in loudness, so it would make sense for the masters to be adjusted based on that. did i get that right?

Edited by very honest

They were mastered by different people. CD and digital was mastered by Mandy Parnel (except Minipops which was done by Beau Thomas) and vinyl was 100% mastered by Beau Thomas. It's written on the sleeve of the LP

na und?

xD

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

na und?

xD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe its MFM and Joyrex avatar is the key?

but perhaps not everyone will find that more exiting than 2nd LP

I was thinking that as well.. but if it is 'more exciting'.. well I think a totally unknown prospect is more exciting for sure. Not that I would complain about MFM.

Rich is doing a Q&A on watmm. Seriously, what else would be more exciting then another album? Joyrex is the chartreuse puppetmaster.

Although I'd like another release personally. greedy fuck I am.

an AMA with Aphex Twin would make watmm implode

It will end badly. Corpses everywhere.

Would be awesome... but can the server space this is hosted on handle such a thing? Would be FLOODED.