IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I wonder if by 'three' albums they meant the triple vinyl? Not three records in terms of albums but in terms of vinyl records? :mellow:

Also I don't trust Japanese bonus tracks, rarely ever worth the money and effort in buying them (imo). Apart from the Plaid one for Reachy Prints, that was worth illegally download 'finding'.

Guest jasondonervan

I wonder if by 'three' albums they meant the triple vinyl? Not three records in terms of albums but in terms of vinyl records? :mellow:

Also I don't trust Japanese bonus tracks, rarely ever worth the money and effort in buying them (imo). Apart from the Plaid one for Reachy Prints, that was worth illegally download 'finding'.

The 'chre ones haven't been the best, but there is the occasional diamond in the rough...

For all we know, MARCHROMT30A could just be 99.9% silence then 0.01% fart noise, but we'll find out soon enough...

The 'chre ones haven't been the best, but there is the occasional diamond in the rough...

For all we know, MARCHROMT30A could just be 99.9% silence then 0.01% fart noise, but we'll find out soon enough...

Yeah, I hope I'm wrong and it's a pearler. I certainly won't complain with another good tune to listen to.

I wonder what the Japanese think of all these bonus tracks on albums from foreign bands, that drive up the cost so much? "Foreign albums are OK, but man they always fuck up the last track! Can't those gaijin end their albums properly?! Just buy the import, it's cheaper."

Edited by Bechuga

The 3 albums theory comes from the TOR link given by aphex's twitter: http://syro2eznzea2xbpi.onion

Syro being the first, Eznzea being the second and Xbpi being the third

Guest sonnyskare

Squarepusher's track 'On Crack' was an alright Japanese bonus track. You might be right, it could be nothing.

Squarepusher's track 'On Crack' was an alright Japanese bonus track. You might be right, it could be nothing.

I think Squarepusher's mostly on crack these days. Or, if he's come off of it, he could do with going back on it: his albums are super disappointing lately. :squarepusher:

But I would be quite happy being wrong, as I said. More to listen is fine.

Have I missed something since allusions about another possible imminent album pop out here and there? On IDMForums some guy claimed that there wouldn’t be only one but two albums coming this year. Then again there have been so many informative ‘’very close to Warp’’ posters so I don’t know what to believe. Very stoked to get even this one.

I think that's just speculation based on just that person on reddit and the tor link (syro2eznzea2xbpi.onion). Some think it suggest there will be two more albums after Syro: Eznzea and Xbpi. I think Richard is very likely to release more on Warp in the coming years, but another release this year or early next year is wishful thinking imo.

Thanks! This was new to me. Also thinking that it might take a while to get a sequel to this. Hopefully not another 10+ years...

Guest sonnyskare

wait wait wait, do you think he will start doing remixes again?

yes, he and skrillex are coming out with a collab album :emotawesomepm9:

wait wait wait, do you think he will start doing remixes again?

yes, he and skrillex are coming out with a collab album :emotawesomepm9:

produced by Niles Rodger *trade mark*

Guest truhttub

Do you remember "silkroadvb5piz3r"? I mean, same with SYRO, that's just how an address is generated in those deepwebz, so no trilogy, apparently.

Do you remember "silkroadvb5piz3r"? I mean, same with SYRO, that's just how an address is generated in those deepwebz, so no trilogy, apparently.

my thoughts exactly. also, that avatar is a win.

i'm still a firm believer of "sexy pizza boner"

[.jpg of i want to believe but with a flying pizza + boner]

The 3 albums theory comes from the TOR link given by aphex's twitter: http://syro2eznzea2xbpi.onion

Syro being the first, Eznzea being the second and Xbpi being the third

this is really far-fetched and ridiculous imo

Guest Sequoioideae

I saw in the WATMM Facebook group that Metz was "confirmed". I didn't see any actual evidence of it, so I had just written it off.

I could do with a nice tasty single right about now, Richard.

image.jpg

Guest skibby

hm, so Syro could mean silk road, like Drukqs could have meant drugs?

i believe in sexy pizza boner

I saw in the WATMM Facebook group that Metz was "confirmed". I didn't see any actual evidence of it, so I had just written it off.

I could do with a nice tasty single right about now, Richard.

I was thinking this too. If Metz isn't Syro there might be at least a second release coming up. I can't imagine he would miss the opportunity to release it as its one of the most sought-after unreleased tracks.

selur eht daer

I really hope this doesn't leak. It's only a month, just stick it out. Anyway, it worked out great with BoC's last album so it could be done. Nothing better then receiving the album in the mail and properly sitting down for it with the first listen.

/ramblings of an old minded man. I guess we're getting the mp3's from Bleep before the physical product so probably I'll listen those first anyway :emotawesomepm9: