5 180db_ [130] 3:11

6 CIRCLONT6A [141.98][syrobonkus mix] 6:00
7 fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85] 0:58
8 CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix] 7:21
9 syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix] 6:32
10 PAPAT4 [155][pineal mix] 4:18
11 s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix] 6:01
12 aisatsana [102] 5:21

And "MARCHROMT30A edit 2b 96 [104.98]" is 7:19, according to iTunes Japan.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/syro/id911622133?l=en

has it leaked yet?

*checks inside leg*

nope

1. That itunes link isn't showing me anything but the 12-track US version. Can you help me here? Do I have to move to Japan to download this, or can I just book a flight that passes over Tokyo with 4G running? Anyone every successfully downloaded a Japan-only track legally from outside Japan?

2. Screw leaks. I hope it doesn't, and I won't listen if it does. Waiting this long? I'm not going to ruin my first listen by having "Hmmm, this sounds like Aphex... no this doesn't... I wonder if this is the same quality as the real one I'll receive in 3 days" running through my head the entire time.

3. Can we now safely write Syro NOT in all uppercase now? Seems that was just the way everything was entered into the tor site ("APHEX TWIN," etc.), no? This is life-or-death.

Edited by r2c

I remember getting Exai digitally a month before release (with 24bit wavs also!), whether it's intentional or not is unknown. Also, for some reason I pre-ordered TH and got flac, wav + 24bit wav as well, even though I definitely didn't buy them.

My bleep account is cursed with gifts of extra digital formats. Not complaining. I wish I'd gotten 24bit Reachy Prints though.

Also, what happened at Boiler Room exactly?

After QT's performance, the stream went black and the 2014 logo (that was on the blimp) showed up on screen, with hype-inducing noise playing in the background. Then it switched to the text "SYRO".

Almost died.

So what I was going to ask: the people who first pre-ordered through Bleep don't get those Syro-cards from a few pages back I guess?

I read the paper next to the card and it says to bring the card and receipt to the store where it was purchased to get your copy of the album.

So I don't think the cards are anything special or give any exclusive material.

Ah, you're right. I thought I read "exclusive content" somewhere. Need more coffee today, even fell for your obvious trolling :)

Also, stoked to read that the Japan only track is 7 minutes long :music: I think the only Japan exclusive track Aphex ever had was "Respect List" (that was on the Singles collection, you also had 2 Mixes On A 12" For Cash as a Japanese only release, but those weren't exclusive tracks) so I reckon it'll be more worth the $$$ this time!

So what I was going to ask: the people who first pre-ordered through Bleep don't get those Syro-cards from a few pages back I guess?

I read the paper next to the card and it says to bring the card and receipt to the store where it was purchased to get your copy of the album.

So I don't think the cards are anything special or give any exclusive material.

Ah, you're right. I thought I read "exclusive content" somewhere. Need more coffee today, even fell for your obvious trolling :)

Also, stoked to read that the Japan only track is 7 minutes long :music: I think the only Japan exclusive track Aphex ever had was "Respect List" (that was on the Singles collection, you also had 2 Mixes On A 12" For Cash as a Japanese only release, but those weren't exclusive tracks) so I reckon it'll be more worth the $$$ this time!

7 minutes of him reading WATMM posts

I remember getting Exai digitally a month before release (with 24bit wavs also!), whether it's intentional or not is unknown. Also, for some reason I pre-ordered TH and got flac, wav + 24bit wav as well, even though I definitely didn't buy them.

My bleep account is cursed with gifts of extra digital formats. Not complaining. I wish I'd gotten 24bit Reachy Prints though.

Exai ended up releasing early by about 3 weeks din't it?

Exai ended up releasing early by about 3 weeks din't it?

Yup, I remember getting the CDs and thinking "Didn't really need these did I?" Wish I'd pre-ordered the vinyl.

bleep's track times should also help sifting through fakes

1 minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix] 4:47

2 XMAS_EVET10 [120][thanaton3 mix] 10:31

3 produk 29 [101] 5:03

4 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26] 4:28

5 180db_ [130] 3:11

6 CIRCLONT6A [141.98][syrobonkus mix] 6:00

7 fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85] 0:58

8 CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix] 7:21

9 syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix] 6:32

10 PAPAT4 [155][pineal mix] 4:18

11 s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix] 6:01

12 aisatsana [102] 5:21

And "MARCHROMT30A edit 2b 96 [104.98]" is 7:19, according to iTunes Japan.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/syro/id911622133?l=en

has it leaked yet?

*checks inside leg*

nope

1. That itunes link isn't showing me anything but the 12-track US version. Can you help me here? Do I have to move to Japan to download this, or can I just book a flight that passes over Tokyo with 4G running? Anyone every successfully downloaded a Japan-only track legally from outside Japan?

2. Screw leaks. I hope it doesn't, and I won't listen if it does. Waiting this long? I'm not going to ruin my first listen by having "Hmmm, this sounds like Aphex... no this doesn't... I wonder if this is the same quality as the real one I'll receive in 3 days" running through my head the entire time.

3. Can we now safely write Syro NOT in all uppercase now? Seems that was just the way everything was entered into the tor site ("APHEX TWIN," etc.), no? This is life-or-death.

You have to first change your location settings associated with your itunes account.

Does anyone think that the Japanese disc with the bonus track will be really valuable in the long term?

Geogaddi had a Japanese bonus track and only sells for ¥2000 on discogs

Yeah Japanese albums aren't limited edition (unless specifically a limited edition version of course) so not really, no. I've picked up a few Japanese only albums on ebay for not much, with no bidding competition from other people.

Does anyone think that the Japanese disc with the bonus track will be really valuable in the long term?

Geogaddi had a Japanese bonus track and only sells for ¥2000 on discogs

Yeah Japanese albums aren't limited edition (unless specifically a limited edition version of course) so not really, no. I've picked up a few Japanese only albums on ebay for not much, with no bidding competition from other people.

Yeah vinyl would be another story, but I don't think Beat Records presses vinyl, everyone's getting the same pressing no matter where you're at

I still see lots of copies of BoC's catalogue sitting on shelves today, they're in no shortage

Guest jasondonervan

As someone here reminded me the other day, see also the last two tracks on the Windowlicker EP:

R-166064-1183274566.jpeg

(alt takes though, not really stellar tracks that the ROW never saw)

<p>Anyone notice that Syro seems to take a similar format to Ufabulum at least in the track times?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Solid track lengths in the beginning, one short track in the middle (presumably to separate two sides of the album), and then several more long tracks?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Even though I'm a fan of the ambient and prepared piano pieces in Drukqs, I hope these track times are indicative of all solid percussive and synth driven music. I can't see him throwing in a 7 min ambient piece in the middle of the likes of Metz/Manchester/Singapore style tracks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope I'm making sense =/</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

^^^

uh what did it do that for?

Edited by StephenG

As someone here reminded me the other day, see also the last two tracks on the Windowlicker EP:

R-166064-1183274566.jpeg

(alt takes though, not really stellar tracks that the ROW never saw)

Ah, totally forgot about those! Of course!

I want the CD and the 24 bit wavs. Not the mp3's. also, is there going to be a japanese release with extra tracks?

Yep, one extra Japanese track that's apparently 7 minutes long.

After QT's performance, the stream went black and the 2014 logo (that was on the blimp) showed up on screen, with hype-inducing noise playing in the background. Then it switched to the text "SYRO".

Almost died.

mhhhh?

btw I really hope it's gonna leak or gets a WARP HIPSTER presentation like the boc album within the next 7 days please PLEASE!