16 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Am i supposed to look at any particular zone? 

I was told to look northeast. But that might change where you are in the world and what day it is. Should be more tonight so I'll be out there again.

two days ago I saw Mars bright as fuck right next to the moon ,Obviously not right next to, but to my eyes.  Is there still less flights going on? Ive never seen mars so bright lately

25 minutes ago, yekker said:

I was told to look northeast. But that might change where you are in the world and what day it is. Should be more tonight so I'll be out there again.

been out for 1 hour looking straight up... saw 1, really short, really fast... not worth my money...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

guys this is frying my brain, please help me, i can't believe Neil did a mistake? Basically, from what i understand and from what i've read in a lot of places, time slows down or passes slower where gravity force is higher... also, if time passes slower for you, you're basically moving forwards in time relatively to someone who's time passes faster... same happens if you travel really fast, all those experiments with atomic clocks traveling at high speeds or placed at different altitudes... clocks placed at higher altitudes or traveling at fast speeds make time run slower relatively to clocks place at lower altitudes or clocks traveling at a slower speed...

"the closer the clock is to the source of gravitation, the slower time passes..."
"time runs slower wherever gravity is strongest... "

now, in the first video, @1m46s Neil says that "you go to a LOWER gravity field, where your clock will tick slower..."

but in the second video @1m20s he says the opposite... he says that a "HIGH LEVEL GRAVITY makes time run slower..." :cerious:

he also contradicts himself in the 1st video when he talks about the GPS satellites... he says that, because they're in a low gravitational field, time will pass faster (which is correct) contradicting what he said @1m46...

did he just make a mistake in the 1st video? he should have said HIGHER right?

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Tim_J said:

"the closer the clock is to the source of gravitation, the slower time passes..."
"time runs slower wherever gravity is strongest... "

now, in the first video, @1m46s Neil says that "you go to a LOWER gravity field, where your clock will tick slower..."

but in the second video @1m20s he says the opposite... he says that a "HIGH LEVEL GRAVITY makes time run slower..." :cerious:

The wider context of deGrass' statement is missing here (also I don't watch his videos, he annoys me), but with "lower gravity field" he might have meant being lower towards the source (in terms of altitude) of gravity, therefore, where the gravity is stronger, therefore, slower time. Like with a funnel: the lower through the funnel you go, the stronger the gravity pull (you're closer to the source).

Likewise with the statement from the second video you posted. "High level gravity" is another phrase for "stronger gravity". Like cranking "high level volume" on your amp.

You want accurate nomenclature with this stuff, but the producers (and deGrass) don't want the videos to get dry and boring for the layman. I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cichlisuite said:

lower gravity field" he might have meant being lower towards the source (in terms of altitude) of gravity, therefore, where the gravity is stronger

Ahhh, makes perfect sense... He's saying that the field (where we measure gravity's force) is lower/closer to the earth... He's not saying that the gravity force has a lower value... Nice one dude ?

I also thought he could be talking about gravitational potential which is kinda the opposite force of gravity but your explanation makes way more sense... 

"The gravitational potential energy near a planet is then negative, since gravity does positive work as the mass approaches..."

But yeah basically he uses the opposite term in each video to explain how it works... It's so fucking misleading for a layman like me... 

Whose videos would you recommend? 

Edited by Tim_J

A dude on youtube that follows earthquake activity posted this enhanced clip of something he caught that appears to be these DEW weapons firing from satellites into and possibly causing fires?  I have no clue but it creeped me so I thought I'd share.  

that looks like a video glitch, not a laser captured on video. a laser could start a fire, but that fire was already going. 

but nefarious powers are, for personal greed, causing the greenhouse gas problem to worsen, which worsens droughts, which worsen fires. there is a trend and correlation among these metrics.

Edited by very honest

It's not conclusive proof of life on Venus but an interesting possibilty that there is some sort of life in the atmosphere.

They leaked these results accidentally yesterday, but now is the official briefing.

Dark higher-altitude clouds obscure the brighter mid-altitude clouds in this image of Venus taken by an infrared camera on board Japan's Atatsuki Venus Climate Orbiter. Phospine gas detected in the temperate mid-altitude clouds is teasing scientists with a possible signature for life.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/09/possible-sign-of-life-found-on-venus-phosphine-gas/

2 minutes ago, Gocab said:

This is 2020, invasion is imminent.

Let's bring some Venetian micro-organisms on Earth and see if they can live in our atmosphere, eh?

• Farnsworth 1

58 minutes ago, very honest said:

micro-organisms from venice are already here

venusian cloud mushrooms, however, i think we should send elon for some

I have no idea how long I've thought that Venetian = Venusian. Venetian Snares sounds now so much more boring.

• Haha 1