IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Phudo for president!

Would be disappointed if Ryan wasnt already part of the watmm shitpost gang,btw

he has plenty of dank memes on his channel that he can pass

He's too young to be corrupted by us watmmers.

I really hope I can demonstrate some willpower and listen to this thing in full for the first time after it arrives at my door. I did Amazon this time (sorry bleep) so hopefully it won't get here 20 days later like Syro did.

I really hope I can demonstrate some willpower and listen to this thing in full for the first time after it arrives at my door. I did Amazon this time (sorry bleep) so hopefully it won't get here 20 days later like Syro did.

I started opting in for most expensive shipping on bleep. Now it's in time

Someday he's gonna join us, and read this. Hi Ryan!

I bet he's already here. Isn't he....(points accusingly) Ivan Ooze!

Hey, don't insult the kid! :dadjoke:

i was probably listening to ace of base when i was 12

lol same thing

Maybe this is where i'm going wrong, but i view aphex as one of the musicians at the forefront of electronic music because he puts out stuff that makes you think "This is aphex twin and it could only be him". The stuff is to such a standard that you know that it couldn't be anyone else. But with this, i could totally imagine just stumbling across it while browsing bandcamp or something. I get what some of you guys are saying about how if it's a good tune you should just enjoy it regardless, but is it wrong to hold someone of rdj's caliber to higher standards? I dunno just thinking out loud.

Still looking forward to the ep though.

So he's built his own trap. Living in a prison of only perfection. That would suck. I dont think he needcs that pressure. All artists who make tons of tracks make a lot of average stuff. Maybe that is why we've go years without releases from him.

Maybe this is where i'm going wrong, but i view aphex as one of the musicians at the forefront of electronic music because he puts out stuff that makes you think "This is aphex twin and it could only be him". The stuff is to such a standard that you know that it couldn't be anyone else. But with this, i could totally imagine just stumbling across it while browsing bandcamp or something. I get what some of you guys are saying about how if it's a good tune you should just enjoy it regardless, but is it wrong to hold someone of rdj's caliber to higher standards? I dunno just thinking out loud.

So he's built his own trap. Living in a prison of only perfection. That would suck. I dont think he needcs that pressure. All artists who make tons of tracks make a lot of average stuff. Maybe that is why we've go years without releases from him.

I think Richard holds himself to his own high standards; what the fans think of his music matters (obviously), but not as much as his own.

lol same thing

i know that I was listening to Ace of Base at 12. As well as C+C Music Factory and Vanilla Ice and then some decent things but still, certainly not doing awesome things like making videos for internationally known Grammy winning recording artists (I think RDJ won a grammy, or was nominated at least? I dunno)

I was listening to FSOL and Orbital when I was 12. I actually had that as my 'look how cool I am' badge until this video, but everything pales in comparison to this kid really.

Hah ! I was trying to dance like Jay Kay when I was 12..

But isn't that why the soundcloud dump is so prefect? He has a place to put out anything and people will listen to it. I'm not saying everything he makes has to be perfect or even everything he releases. But under a moniker that is cited and one of the most influential and forward-thinking acts in electronic music, this track just feels like a massive step back. If this was released by a new unknown artist i feel like we'd all think 'hey, this is a pretty groovy track', listen to it a couple of times and think nothing more of it.

With the internet allowing so many people to put music out, it's more important than ever for the innovators to keep innovating. We have a slew of music at the quality of this track, but very few people will ever reach the heights that richard has before. Is it not our responsibility as his fans to push for that standard?

Sorry i know this must be well annoying if you like the track, and i'm not trying to discolour your opinion or anything. I get this propably sounds like 'why isn't he making what i want' type thing and i guess it is to some extent, but for someone you look to for inspiration and awe to release something so mundane is just really gutting.

Well i loved the track back from the soundcloud upload, its one of my favorite of his recent "acid/analordish" tunes but i think "Pretend analogue extmix 2b" is better.

Perhaps AFX was better 20 years ago (let say circa 1992/1996) but he's still really good now (way way better than Prince was during the 2000s or Bob Dylan during the 1980s if you know what i mean).

When I was twelve I listened to Fenix Funk 5 daily for months on end thanks to good old WipEout Pulse. Looked up Aphex, saw Come to Daddy, turned off the computer and never looked him up again for five years.

Edited by Caribou

No need to be ever-groundbreaking when the tunes are so packed with personality and emotions. To me, what has always set RDJ apart/above from everything else is how effortlessly his melodies will induce goosebumps tsunamis down my spine.

Cirklon3 might not be my fav RDJ tune ever (it isn't), but it has that deep, serene and moving quality that is up to his own standard. Can't wait for the whole release.

Im pretty happy that this track hit the spot for me right from the 1st listen :D

i had a couple of tracks which have been celebrated on this forum which i personally wasn't so fond of... which annoyed me back then.

Please change thread title to 'Unreasonable Expectations Discussion'

Also I should pre-order this already...

I mean, if you disagree with the expectations that's fine but i don't think they're unreasonable. It's like if i bought a can of beer from my favourite beer company, took a sip and there was orange juice inside. Turns out the company's switched to producing oj instead. Sure it's gonna quench my thirst, but i'm not gonna get all the fun extra things that came with drinking beer. So i'm disappointed because i wanted a beer from my favourite company. The company's done nothing wrong, i'm just a little sad.