IGNORED

Anyone else feel a new release is coming?

phudoshin

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a three year wait for a 4 hour release, it's only been 2 years so let's just assume it's a nice svelte 70 min album coming out in a couple months.

Let the excitement commence. Bullwallet 4eva,

Peace

yes, I hope the next one will be more focused ( don't get me wrong I love Elseq and Exai)

If they’re promoting with some radio times all April, I’d expect an announcement of new music by the end of it at least. Which could mean new music in May.... didn’t Joyrex say something about big things happening in May????

new opn coming out in june so new ae maaaaybe in november?

no way will it be that long. They still have new aphex and boc to release this year!

I think I see a general hope for a return to the classic format. Personally I hope it does not happen. In the case of autechre, the idea of ​​"song" can be definitively replaced by the idea of ​​"opera", and the absence of physical limits (aka vinyl) was the essential step for their new (presumed) direction. I like to have the vinyl in my hands, but I can easily give up if the goal is the work of rob and sam, finally free from any objective limitation.

Recently I had the good fortune to listen to the whole "La Creation Du Monde" (Bernard Parmegiani
) in a theater in Milan with an acusmonium system. The sound was managed live by a technician specialized in acusmonium, as if it were a live. The result was incredibly close to aeonsix: listening to something like that at home is not the same thing. So, I would like Ae to abandon the "song form", in favor of similar projects: definitive experiences, possibly designed to be heard on similar occasions. I believe that it is not too far from occurring...

If they’re promoting with some radio times all April, I’d expect an announcement of new music by the end of it at least. Which could mean new music in May.... didn’t Joyrex say something about big things happening in May????

tumblr_nl2mmgWCO91u6e6evo1_500.gif

tumblr_nl2mmgWCO91u6e6evo1_500.gif

(_O_)

I think I see a general hope for a return to the classic format. Personally I hope it does not happen.

on this i agree. i feel almost spoiled by the scope of AE_LIVE and elseq (and to a lesser extent exai), the more the merrier i say!

also parmegiani is boss. relevant: ae played etude elastique offa de natura sonorum multiple times in their radio sets.

Think I've just fallen in love with chre boys again and retract any misinterpreted and self righteous critique of their maxworks ...anticipation is sky rocketing

Archived