Sign in to follow this  
Time Tourist

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

They're called children

edit edit: no embed? ok

Shit, that whitey, castrated money lover might have a case after all. :fear: message is still valid though. We need teh trax. Soon right?

Well those new AE_LIVE soundboards just dropped. Richey strikes me as a bit of a Kanye, doesn't like it when the attention focuses away from him. I'm sure he'll chuck a few scraps to you faithfuls in order to get back in the spotlight

Yeah, must confess, I envy you ae fans for the immense amount of stuff you're getting atm (or have been getting within the last two years or so). In general I tend to appreciate quality before quantity but for me the SC dump proved Rich could deliver and that's why I'm crying and bleeding here for those damn tape trax. But I'll mark your words Spiral. Maybe next week :diablo:

gotta hand it to them. they are making themselves a nice business model, getting paid twice for shows.

putting out soundboards is awesome. another innovative breakthrough by the brothers.

Edited by very honest

avril 14th half speed alternative version [re-recorded 2009 Nagra] is kind of a beast

They learned it from being huge 'Dead heads.

avril 14th half speed alternative version [re-recorded 2009 Nagra] is kind of a beast

Just checked this, it's really pretty and so relaxing. So he actually tracked this as a separate session? ... Just the song and then he slowed it down with high quality timestretch or do you think there's more to it?

Midi data fed at half-speed to the piano, more sustain.

Ahh ok that makes sense. It's amazing how a simple variation can make an already beautiful song sound like a brand new piece.

I've noticed similar patterns in my own work, when I strip down my favorite stuff I've done, the more raw / minimal versions are impressive, like you can finally hear even more music between the notes. :)

It's definitely easy to overstuff tracks when you're sat in front of a DAW with an almost infinite amount of tracks and that usually makes the music+sound lose focus.

It's definitely easy to overstuff tracks when you're sat in front of a DAW with an almost infinite amount of tracks and that usually makes the music+sound lose focus.

Way too easy.

Yes I make this mistake all the time, less is really more sometimes. The thing with Aphex is that there's so much going on but it all sounds "necessary", really impressive.

He's one of the few who're very good at maintaining a sense of purpose+direction while piling on the details, it's part of what makes his music a great listen while most of his imitators music is irritating twaddle.

His complex stuff isn't layers upon layers of stuff in a big smoushy mess, there's only ever a handful of things at the same time but those things change rapidly. The ear can make sense of that than of 50 sounds at once*.

*sometimes 50 things at once is interesting - you can't listen to it all so you have to chose what to pick out (much like listening to the world around you in a busy place) but it's a less coherent listening experience and is v unlikely to sound 'accessible'.

I reckon he just does it because he's still pissed at Stockhausen.

He's one of the few who're very good at maintaining a sense of purpose+direction while piling on the details, it's part of what makes his music a great listen while most of his imitators music is irritating twaddle.

His complex stuff isn't layers upon layers of stuff in a big smoushy mess, there's only ever a handful of things at the same time but those things change rapidly. The ear can make sense of that than of 50 sounds at once*.

*sometimes 50 things at once is interesting - you can't listen to it all so you have to chose what to pick out (much like listening to the world around you in a busy place) but it's a less coherent listening experience and is v unlikely to sound 'accessible'.

if you play a richard d james track over a richard devine track it sounds like a richard devine track

The * is fun to do while meditating. . . also, to try and allow the sound of voices to lose their meaning and just become tones/inflections/whathave you. 

RDJ stuffs always remind me of classical music for this very reason - there is a coherent sense of purpose that is driving all the different lines interweaving throughout the piece. Stuff is interacting and moving and reflecting off itself, but always as one functional unit, mutating organically. 

Oh, also, the MF'r shits melody. Just, like, most people go to the toilet and drop a deuce, Aphex Twin visits the can and comes back with 2 sonatas and a concerto. . . . baby dipee full of nocturnes. Iz madness. . .

when was the last time time daddy posted a new message?

come on Rich', upload the damn tapes pls...

He's busy with the new album. I can smell it.

More likely working on the tracks/sets for the upcoming shows...

More likely working on the tracks/sets for the upcoming shows...

Yeah, exactly.  I'm not holding my breath until Fall/Winter, or until I have hiccups again.