IGNORED

Sophie "It's Okay To Cry"

BoomTssPhace

• 1 month later...

god damn fkn yes

Not really in the mood to listen to it but I don't care, putting it on anyway. I've been so keen to hear this since Ponyboy was released.

Everytime i see anything about her, all i can think of is this comment on the It's Okay To Cry video:

dam soapie ur bobbies

wololo

masterpiece. wow. insane (ly well crafted)... 

a real long player, a real album experience. vinyl should be a hot commodity which kinda doesn't make sense since it would split the the album into 2 sides but still...

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

I'm skimming this and this sounds insanely promising. I don't know quite how to explain this right this movement but this actually sounds like what pop should sound like in 2018.

• Like 1

Someone list the good tracks so I don’t have to listen to it’s ok to cry again

iirc there were only 3 bad ones and that was one of them.

When that one came out, it was interesting and relevant enough to suppress the cringes. Now it's a bit much.

Even the good tracks have a FUCKTON of treble though. I had to crank it down to like 10:00 on my mixer. Like it was mastered for cassette or something.

At this point SOPHIE's under and overground dominance is pretty much untouchable really, she has worked with everyone from Diplo to Madonna and was scouted for Jay-Z's talent agency Roc Nation. Yet she also cites Autechre as heroes and is mates with Glasgow's Numbers crew. What other artists can you really name who can easily move in both circles? Until Madonna swings by Rubadub to score some techno wax the next time she plays in Glasgow we'd say pretty much no one.

:confuzzled:

This has been in my head pretty constantly since I first listened to it. It's growing on me lol

This is where I'm at currently...

I've only listened to the song about 4 times, but I can't stop singing it in my head... 

I wouldn't have found out about this album if not for the Autechre threads on reddit. Someone brought up an interview where she said she's into Autechre... 

<shrug>

The last song on the album 'Whole New World' - totally blows my socks off though. If more pop music sounded like this - I'd probably be a fan... as it is now, there's only about 4 groups I like - and find it hard to click with anything else from the whole pop/indie-pop/dream-pop scene... 

=P

But Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides has me excited about where this project will go in the future. 

=D