IGNORED

SOPHIE - BIPP (Autechre Mx)

hello spiral

Enjoyed it. An unusual case of Ae making something sound less alien.

This or Lemonade was always my favorite Sophie track, wasnt too fussed with the album. Does anyone know if they ever released that live track with the lyrics about sucking cock in nightclub cloakrooms? That one was great too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved the original, love this version as well. Cool to hear AE revisit their roots lately, I agree this sounds like something that could have come straight out of the late 80s.

Genuine lol at the orch5 stab at the very start.

Otherwise I concur :

1 hour ago, Key said:

Enjoyed it. An unusual case of Ae making something sound less alien.

This or Lemonade was always my favorite Sophie track, wasnt too fussed with the album. Does anyone know if they ever released that live track with the lyrics about sucking cock in nightclub cloakrooms? That one was great too.

• Like 3

Nice bass sound. It's all right. Maybe not quite the second coming the bleep hype makes it out to be for $17 USD plus shipping

(The youtube auto play went to Coil, Love's Secret Domain after this track and I was reminded just how crazy their production was back in 1990-1991)

• Like 1

hmmm, doing nothing for me on first listen. Not familiar with Sophie and don't want to be judging by the original of this, didn't even make it to the end.

Also, 3 minutes and 33 seconds long, so why a 12"?

I love the remix, it's well done and strips the original of the parts I didn't enjoy.. is this the most pop thing Ae has done?

• Like 1

it's good, and it's probably not what SOPHIE imagined from AE when she sent her wish out into the ether.

is there a thread where I can find more Sam and Rand fanfic?

Isn't this the first time Ae did a remix in like seven years? Last one was Oberman Knocks' Dilankex I think?

Anyway, pretty lush overall. The bass is thicc and juicy, like well-nourished booty. Also I get more of an early 90s dance/R&B vibe than 80s, but maybe it sounds like some 80s hits I'm not aware of.

lol my usb ports glitched out and the speakers disconnected right after the vocals came in. thought they just inserted like 30 seconds of silence before I realized what happened.

awesome track though, love this beat.

2 hours ago, kiya said:

I love the remix, it's well done and strips the original of the parts I didn't enjoy.. is this the most pop thing Ae has done?

Nah that'd be the J-Pop tune they produced

• Like 1

it's so much better than the original imo. i like the beat/bass and groove of it. 

it may appear simple but does it sound like ae? yes it does. also, 606 hihats ftw

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

as if ae hadn't sucked the fun off the original enough

fun?  aack. i think the original is a bad horror show of a song but opinions vary obviously. 

edit: ok "horror show" is a bit harsh. i just don't dig it. i like the lyrics though. it's lifting. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Burger 1