IGNORED

SOPHIE - BIPP (Autechre Mx)

hello spiral

Enjoying the remix, pleasant news in my inbox for sure.

Nothing awful to say about the Sophie track. I find some of their stuff really hits for me, or I'm indifferent.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Valleyfold said:

Maybe you mean this? There’s supposedly a Sophie remix of it but it’s never fully materialized. 

edit Lol at orch5 didn’t realize

Thanks man you got it, recognise it from the vocals. Heard it in a Sophie live set, didn't realise it was a remix of GFOTY. 

Edited by Key

38 minutes ago, BUNKUM said:

For those interested the Boomkat reviews says "Oh and, over on the flip (vinyl-only), a SOPHIE rarity that for the moment shall remain unnamed."

Pitchfork reports that the b-side is a previously unreleased track called 'UNISIL'

• Burger 1

I like it, this remix is a retrowave version of c16 deep thread (well, mostly I find a reminiscence in the bass tone), and it's cool as even in such a pop context the autechre imprint is immediately recognizable. And considering that, as I wrote without garnering too much approval, SIGN has a lot of elements that wink at a retro sound, this remix completes the mosaic.

202982.png

Great track, but I love the original Sophie stuff as well.

They definitely un-weirded the track, which is great. One thing this remix made me realize, after hearing the original a lot: it’s a really awesome vocal performance. I tend to think that when vocals are all weirded up that’s because they must’ve been boring to begin with. Not so here, these are some great takes, must’ve been a ton of fun to recompose a backing trac 2 them

• Like 1

I was pretty disappointed. The stripped all the energy out of track, which would usually be fine but the drums the put back in sounds like something from some pre-sets. Remember when they remixed Skeng, can they do that again please. Just take a track and make it more evil somehow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cern said:

I remeber someone asked in the AAA what they think about Sophie and they answered like "What is it? A scam?" lol ?

You remember incorrectly. I saw a link to that post recently: someone linked to this song asking for an opinion and Robert John asked it if's a spam and Sean Anthony said he bought it and it's fucking great.

5 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

You remember incorrectly. I saw a link to that post recently: someone linked to this song asking for an opinion and Robert John asked it if's a spam and Sean Anthony said he bought it and it's fucking great.

Second quote in this post:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?do=findComment&comment=2088868

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, xox said:

my initial reaction was the same as bobby's!

; fact no. 174 - bobby's taste in music i obviously superior to sam's

His reaction was that he hadn't heard it!

And if the following kind of taste is superior to mighty Sean Anthony's showering us with hours of stuff you're in hearing trouble:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?do=findComment&comment=2089117

2 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

His reaction was that he hadn't heard it!

And if the following kind of taste is superior to mighty Sean Anthony's showering us with hours of stuff you're in hearing trouble:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?do=findComment&comment=2089117

“did you hear this track, Sophie - Bipp ?”

“no - is it spam?” •———————•

Have you heard bobby’s lush pads, maan?! They’re lush as fak! And lush too! Lush! 

dunno.. you better think about it again ?

On 1/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, Adamovich said:

Love it but it sounds more like Lego Feet remix rather than AE, iykwim...

In my ear brain it sounds more like a Hell Interface remix