IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

7 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Is this not a wicked track? And the show was amazing tbh

oingo boingo was my favourite band in highschool *born in 1991, for context* & I stand by their tunes being fockin jamz

Spoiler

this was only released as a Danny Elfman solo album for contractual reasons

• Like 3

i went to close the window and noticed a pigeon was sleeping on the window ledge. i blew air in his direction, fucker immediately woke up looking terrified and flew away. you should have seen the look on its face, it was quite hilarious. 

I was on the bus coming home from work and two strangers were having a conversation about their girlfriends. One guy says to the other "men can never understand women. women understand women and they hate each other!" 

fucking gold. I lol'd inside.

Edited by yekker

The female voice that narrates my google maps directions began adding a french accent to the endings of words.  She already had a bizarre pronunciation for most words, which I'm accustomed to mimicking back at her.  Now I have a whole new dialect to learn, and no idea where it came from.  It's quite distracting when I'm trying to drive.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The female voice that narrates my google maps directions began adding a french accent to the endings of words.  She already had a bizarre pronunciation for most words, which I'm accustomed to mimicking back at her.  Now I have a whole new dialect to learn, and no idea where it came from.  It's quite distracting when I'm trying to drive.

The Finnish version of Google Maps is sometimes very confusing and hilarious. For example if there are /'s between numbers it interprets them as fractions, like 5/3 would be "five thirds" and the roundabout exits are all messed up so instead of "take the third exit from the roundabout" it says something like "exit from the third roundabout". Then there are various words that are translated completely out of context. Somehow it keeps getting worse over time.

• Like 2

I simply cannot do naps. Even if I just slightly drift on the edge of sleep for 15 minutes on the couch it takes me about an hour to get back to a point where I don’t feel like I’ve ended up in an alternate reality or just smoked an ounce of mushrooms or something. Forget about actually sleeping, ruins the rest of my day with feeling dissociative and intense feelings of pending doom and catastrophes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

how and why does LSD work? is it a way to trick the language making thing inside of you to stop working as it usually doz or somfin. i ate a paper with alber hofmann on it and it was very strange like there are different dimensions between the time units and everything is in some way logically or syymbolically connected

i dont know if it was in my head, but it was so clear. i am a little scared of writing this, becasue i dont want the whole world to know about me and my experience. but i think its good to tell somfin to understand more about whats happening inside my head. i am thinking about what if there are many different dimensions between the way we have learned so far? are they really are there? i would like to hear more from people about how it feels when you are under the effect of lsd. i am also thinking about doing some research on the subject of the drug by asking people to write or tell me what they feel or think. is there any research going on on this? 

i am thinking of starting a research with people who have used lsd, and get them to write or tell me about their experiences. i am also thinking of making some kind of research with people who are going to use the drug. is this good?

can you imagine the feeling of being in another dimension?

On 5/2/2021 at 7:48 AM, zkom said:

The Finnish version of Google Maps is sometimes very confusing and hilarious. For example if there are /'s between numbers it interprets them as fractions, like 5/3 would be "five thirds" and the roundabout exits are all messed up so instead of "take the third exit from the roundabout" it says something like "exit from the third roundabout". Then there are various words that are translated completely out of context. Somehow it keeps getting worse over time.

ai wil vener be gooder as hunamity of al de werld’. When she gets to the end of the song, she lets out a high-pitched scream. “I’m deaf.” She is not.

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

how and why does LSD work? is it a way to trick the language making thing inside of you to stop working as it usually doz or somfin. i ate a paper with alber hofmann on it and it was very strange like there are different dimensions between the time units and everything is in some way logically or syymbolically connected

i dont know if it was in my head, but it was so clear. i am a little scared of writing this, becasue i dont want the whole world to know about me and my experience. but i think its good to tell somfin to understand more about whats happening inside my head. i am thinking about what if there are many different dimensions between the way we have learned so far? are they really are there? i would like to hear more from people about how it feels when you are under the effect of lsd. i am also thinking about doing some research on the subject of the drug by asking people to write or tell me what they feel or think. is there any research going on on this? 

i am thinking of starting a research with people who have used lsd, and get them to write or tell me about their experiences. i am also thinking of making some kind of research with people who are going to use the drug. is this good?

welcome to the 1960's, dude.

where's @Tim_J???? he normally doesn't stand for this sort of thing

• Thanks 1

i can never figure out wtf donnie darko's dad is doing w/that slice of pizza. at the end of the scene. 

Edited by ignatius

12 hours ago, dingformung said:

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia has it covered.. i recommend watching all seasons. there's some great drug science. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

i can never figure out wtf donnie darko's dad is doing w/that slice of pizza. at the end of the scene. 

taking a bite while laughing? looks like the actor didn't want to actually eat it in the take, and was probably acting like he was taking a bite, holding it until they yelled "cut."

but watching this scene again did make me notice that the wine in Donnie's mom's glass is brownish tinted.

It looks like he's taking a bite but laughs and then realizes that's kind of embarrassing since the mom didn't approve of that behavior.

it's just weird no one is folding their pizza.. especially him. "i think i'll bite the side of this cardboard pizza like a weirdo" 

classic scene though. so many good ones in that movie... though the director's cut has a couple scenes that are just not necessary.. and some of the data stream type stuff over certain bits are annoying.. it's worth if for the additional info on the philosophy of time travel book. 

Oven-ready pizza is generally a bit too crispy/cardboardy for the fold method, and it looks to me like that may be what they're eating.  I had to scrutinize the footage quite closely to make that assessment.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 2

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ended up watching Donnie Darko with a bumble date tonight as a direct result of that post.

I once had Cannibal Holocaust as a date movie.

Yes, I had sex also. So I can recommend.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1