IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

If modern genetic engineering would make it possible to cross a jaguarundi with a house cat to create a new species of pet cats how would that affect neighbour relationships when the jaguarundi cat bites the regular house cat in the tail and the neighbour sees it and gets all mad

I'm a little sick of all this online robot discrimination.  If I, as a robot, am clever enough to be surfing the net, I deserve to download the new _____ release, even if my ability to experience it at all is negligible.

Wondering if eating really hot/spicy food is equivalent to people cutting themselves, inflicting self pain etc. As in, if it's the same principle behind both

The spiciest thing I’ve ever eaten was shrimp made with scotch bonnet pepper. It was a test of my resilience that I knew I would revisit, at least in part, the very next morning.

And by god, I did. It gave me some kind of endorphin rush, though(both times).

Wondering if eating really hot/spicy food is equivalent to people cutting themselves, inflicting self pain etc. As in, if it's the same principle behind both

naw, it totally enhances some cuisine and not even in a masochistic way- its just one of the elements that cooks can work with.  In cultures where its common and people grew up with it present, people just go for the level of spicy they enjoy. like some people here reach for the habañero salsas (they can be amazing on seafood) but its nbd if you dont

consider: if if it werent culturally common to drink coffee, if you tried it as just a special occasion you might think its bitter af

Edited by Marked x 0ne

AND what if his only super power was creating the conditions necessary for the universe to exist, and now he's just sitting there outside the physical realm just bored out of his skull.  Shiiiiiiit.

There's a Wrath James White short story like that. Athiest hears about a whore that makes you see God when you fuck her. Rocks up to the place where she is, in Mexico, and finds out she's a catatonic and ancient near-corpse with light coming out of her vagoo. When he does the deed he basically astrally projects to the outside of creation and sees that the whole Universe is God. It's just a gigantic Lovecraftian being mindlessly making sure no amount of matter is wasted. Endlessly sending it through convoluted cycles to keep existence going. It doesn't care if that's sentient life like us or an asteroid belt. We're nothing to it. :^)

There's a Wrath James White short story like that. Athiest hears about a whore that makes you see God when you fuck her. Rocks up to the place where she is, in Mexico, and finds out she's a catatonic and ancient near-corpse with light coming out of her vagoo. When he does the deed he basically astrally projects to the outside of creation and sees that the whole Universe is God. It's just a gigantic Lovecraftian being mindlessly making sure no amount of matter is wasted. Endlessly sending it through convoluted cycles to keep existence going. It doesn't care if that's sentient life like us or an asteroid belt. We're nothing to it. :^)

Beautiful! Just beautiful. 

They're fucking disgusting. And he loves to put himself in them frequently as a male Mary Sue, a big black sexy muscled dominatrix Mary Sue. And the quality control with the writing fluctuates wildly.

Despite all of this they're highly entertaining. I've read three so far, the short story collections.

Sometimes I get little hangnails/something on the edge/base of my fingernails that hurt like constant dull fire for hours or days and it makes me want to cut my finger off every time I get one.