IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Is there some psychological term for the thing when you are around some people you've known for a long time and your personality and behavior seems to regress back in time?

For example, normally you are being adult just fine, but when meeting your parents and siblings you regress to being your teenage self.

like: fuck you i won`t tidy my bedroom ! ?

Well, something like that and generally acting like your parents are going to be providing all the food etc while you just lazily hang around with your headphones on which you wouldn't do if you were visiting anybody else.

Also can happen with some friends and former co-workers. Kind of your personality regresses back to state it was when you last saw them which might have been 15 years ago.

Hmm..

The weirdest thing was seeing my mother playing music just because it pissed off my grandmother. Something she wouldn't do with other people. Total teenage daughter vs mother dynamic.

Random thought: South Korea made a deal with North Korea so they wouldn't be involved in a full scale war on their own peninsula.

Bikes do not have the right of way on a pedestrian crossing here in spain (dunno about anywhere else), so I always stop when there's a car about to pass by. But almost nobody respects the cars' right of way while biking, so cars almost always stop for bikers even though they don't have to - just today, a guy even apologized to me for not stopping - so by stopping I end up wasting both the driver's time and mine since I would've crossed the street way faster had I not stopped. But I just can't get used to acting like I do have the right of way cause if I eventually end up getting ran over it would be entirely my fault. Also when I drive, I stop for bikes too. So yeah. There's no winning here

I'm a total arsehole pedestrian to bikes, particularly when I'm drunk. "that's a red light mate" *points* as I'm crossing.

Had some shout abuse and threaten to circle back a few times, no actual fisticuffs yet though.

I'm a total arsehole pedestrian to bikes, particularly when I'm drunk. "that's a red light mate" *points* as I'm crossing.

Had some shout abuse and threaten to circle back a few times, no actual fisticuffs yet though.

Cyclists are batty boys, should be fine Edited by drome

Bikes do not have the right of way on a pedestrian crossing here in spain (dunno about anywhere else), so I always stop when there's a car about to pass by. But almost nobody respects the cars' right of way while biking, so cars almost always stop for bikers even though they don't have to - just today, a guy even apologized to me for not stopping - so by stopping I end up wasting both the driver's time and mine since I would've crossed the street way faster had I not stopped. But I just can't get used to acting like I do have the right of way cause if I eventually end up getting ran over it would be entirely my fault. Also when I drive, I stop for bikes too. So yeah. There's no winning here

In Colombia not even pedestrians have the right to pass, if u try n cross the street n expect the car to stop they will drive u over n say it was ur fault

was a real culture shock that cars actually stopped for u when I moved here

In Colombia not even pedestrians have the right to pass, if u try n cross the street n expect the car to stop they will drive u over n say it was ur fault

Italy seems to be that way too

people are ridiculous here, if they have begun to cross a wide road with no cars in sight, if a car comes up they will just continue ambling at their own speed and hold the car up for 6-7 seconds. lots of arseholes just cross slow moving roads anyway because obviously a car will just slow down and beep at you, not run you over. it must be insane going through life doing whatever you like with absolutely no interest in the experience of the other people you affect.

people are ridiculous here, if they have begun to cross a wide road with no cars in sight, if a car comes up they will just continue ambling at their own speed and hold the car up for 6-7 seconds. lots of arseholes just cross slow moving roads anyway because obviously a car will just slow down and beep at you, not run you over. it must be insane going through life doing whatever you like with absolutely no interest in the experience of the other people you affect.

Come to California and watch chaos in full swing. This state is full of some of the most selfish mother fuckers I've ever seen.

In Bush's Little Things, after the main solo, there's a lot of noise that seems to be maybe because of some studio effect (phaser?) applied to seemingly the entire song and it's pretty stupid and annoying now that I've really noticed it. Worse is the guitar solo right before sounds sonically pretty damned nice, but then suddenly there's shitty effects bleeding everywhere in the track.

Here also the bicyclist are like the lowest cast in the traffic hierarchy by law and the pedestrians are the highest. Cars are somewhere in the middle. But still most car drivers seem to let bicycles pass even though technically they don't have to. It happens to me a lot when cycling, I stop to let the cars pass but some car stops and the driver starts to wave to signal me to pass. Then all the others stop also. It's nice I guess but probably they just don't know that they don't have to let me pass.

some studio effect (phaser?) applied to seemingly the entire song

applying an effect to an entire song is a prety divisive strategy imo. like it definitely brings everything together in this very particular way, and for everyone who's into the aesthetic there's going to be this "greater than the sum of the parts" feeling (which if it's well done they won't even be able to figure out what's causing that feeling). but for everyone whose not so into it it's just gonna sound like a track that's been swamped by garish production techniques

like i mean i never noticed just how much digital reverb was on a lot of my favourite early 90s idm tracks until i really stepped back & was like "oh yeah, i could see how someone not so into this sound might feel like they were listening to echo soup right now"

some studio effect (phaser?) applied to seemingly the entire song

applying an effect to an entire song is a prety divisive strategy imo. like it definitely brings everything together in this very particular way, and for everyone who's into the aesthetic there's going to be this "greater than the sum of the parts" feeling (which if it's well done they won't even be able to figure out what's causing that feeling). but for everyone whose not so into it it's just gonna sound like a track that's been swamped by garish production techniques

like i mean i never noticed just how much digital reverb was on a lot of my favourite early 90s idm tracks until i really stepped back & was like "oh yeah, i could see how someone not so into this sound might feel like they were listening to echo soup right now"

Real men apply bitcrusher on the master bus.

Tbh, adding a bit of soft distortion on the master bus/channel sometimes works, imho, fwiw, byob

Tbh, adding a bit of soft distortion on the master bus/channel sometimes works, imho, fwiw, byob

yeah actually that's a tactic i've been using lately - recording the final mix playing at varying levels of intensity through distortion fx, then selectively mixing that back into the original. adds a real three dimensional quality to the track

i think it was on here that i read once about someone who would stack stuff near the subwoofer & play a mix through it, record the sound of the stuff getting all shook up, and then mix that into the track. would definitely like to play with that sorta concept next time i have real speakers

Heard an ambient set last night and some of the music reminded me of this FMV game from the mid 90s called Burn:Cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQTfMDlLf8&t=602s&frags=pl%2Cwn

I hadn't thought about that game for like 15 years, but the music accessed a really deep memory. Kind of weird how that happens sometimes.