IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

On 3/4/2024 at 11:45 AM, beerwolf said:

I think the mistake people make is when they officially signal activity (not pussy likes on social media) like black box placeholder for TH or Pioneer thing on Hell Interface, folks think it's gonna be a few months for a new album when it's actually gonna be a few years. I'm not sure why they (BOC) do this. Maybe it means the project is pretty much wrapped up, and then they and close friends live with it for a few years (I'm sure they have said they do this) and just make minor tweaks to the finished mix. Something like that. 

If you don’t live from music you can take as much time as you like. Which is a good thing 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 6:27 PM, auxien said:
  On 8/31/2023 at 7:50 PM, auxien said:
On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, auxien said:
On 5/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, auxien said:
On 5/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, auxien said:

On 4/24/2023 at 6:48 AM, auxien said:
On 4/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, auxien said:

• Like 1

Still yes to a new album! I'd maybe even bet on 2024. Some Spring optimism is kicking in.

A few highlights!

• 2022-06-29: MDG: "A new album is on its way."
    • No further details, but good to know they will be back. Lots of people were sure TH was their swan song.
  • 2023-04-20: Funny Bleep newsletter: "No, we don't know when the new BoC album is coming", and "Maybe create a hexagonal altar and pray for their return."
  • 2023-07-25: @boctransmission on Threads (part of Instagram) posts "Welcome to the official BOC Threads. Follow here for future news & announcements etc."
  • 2023-10-13: @MikeSandison posts a link to their Threads account, saying "Offocial BOC Threads"
  • 2024-01-18: The official handle on Twitter is now @boardsofcanada.
    • They managed to migrate the content from @boctransmission which is still under their control, but now only shows a link to the official regained account in their bio.
  • 2024-02-11: The official Boards of Canada Facebook channel posts a link to their Instagram account.
  • 2024-02-12: The official Boards of Canada Facebook, Instagram, and Threads accounts now have a verification checkmark. 

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on Instagram and Threads. The last months they've also been adding fan video posts on their Instagram account. The most recent one was added 16th of March. There's 12 posts in total now.

Who else is ready?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

Still yes to a new album! I'd maybe even bet on 2024. Some Spring optimism is kicking in.

A few highlights!

• 2022-06-29: MDG: "A new album is on its way."
    • No further details, but good to know they will be back. Lots of people were sure TH was their swan song.
  • 2023-04-20: Funny Bleep newsletter: "No, we don't know when the new BoC album is coming", and "Maybe create a hexagonal altar and pray for their return."
  • 2023-07-25: @boctransmission on Threads (part of Instagram) posts "Welcome to the official BOC Threads. Follow here for future news & announcements etc."
  • 2023-10-13: @MikeSandison posts a link to their Threads account, saying "Offocial BOC Threads"
  • 2024-01-18: The official handle on Twitter is now @boardsofcanada.
    • They managed to migrate the content from @boctransmission which is still under their control, but now only shows a link to the official regained account in their bio.
  • 2024-02-11: The official Boards of Canada Facebook channel posts a link to their Instagram account.
  • 2024-02-12: The official Boards of Canada Facebook, Instagram, and Threads accounts now have a verification checkmark. 

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on Instagram and Threads. The last months they've also been adding fan video posts on their Instagram account. The most recent one was added 16th of March. There's 12 posts in total now.

Who else is ready?

Absolutely ready! Hopefully this year still. I don't put too much stock into social media but I can't imagine they'd be putting in the effort for nothing. I don't think verfying their accounts is a means to sell more old records.

When the head honcho of Twoism enters the bandit country of Watmm making fairly big statements like this, then I'm fairly optimistic. 

One thing to be certain of, with the massive amount of time it's taken, combined with their talents, I have zero worries about it being fucking crap 😜

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freak of the week said:

it's taking so long coz sean challenged them to make something longer than elseq, but consisting only of minute-long vignettes

"building the world's largest bonfire" is an amazing quote about the BoC wait

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...