IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

Geogaddi would actually be a cool name,I could do it anyway.. It's not like they will release anything anyway 

1 hour ago, NewSchoolScience said:

image.png.b53b5752a038e290692325c718d9eafb.png

350 likes ....

....the prime factors of 350 are 2,5,5,7 ... change the numbers to the corresponding letters of the alphabet and you get B E E G

The new album is BOC covers of Bee Gees songs !!!! Whattascoop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

350 likes ....

....the prime factors of 350 are 2,5,5,7 ... change the numbers to the corresponding letters of the alphabet and you get B E E G

The new album is BOC covers of Bee Gees songs !!!! Whattascoop

Beegeeogaddi

• Like 1

"Will BOC release another album?"

Yes...

But it's a grunge album. They'll actually tour for this one but it will be all new songs in this alt grunge style exept for an encore 'Everything you do is a balloon'. No synths on stage. 

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2024 at 8:55 PM, Dragon said:

i wonder if anything will happen to the mountains of unreleased tapes, old tunes etc.....

Same thing that's happened to them thus far... nothing.

On 6/20/2024 at 3:57 AM, Fredd-E said:

Please list the “many unfulfilled mentions of it coming soon”. You can’t.

It’s only MDG who literally said in 2022: “a new album is on its way”. Please don’t accuse the band of something that wasn’t said, and only occurred in your head apparently. 

MDG nor I said 2024. According to MDG it’s on its way, that alone is splendid news. And personally I love to think it will be this year indeed, but I thought the same of 2023 and I will think the same of 2025 if it won’t be this year. But that’s not the point, is it. The fact is that is coming and I have no reason to believe that it won’t. I like to keep positive and not cantankerous (thanks for learning me a new word here).

Do you really think the band and/or Warp would’ve made the “follow us here for news and future announcements” post on their newly created Threads account last year if that was 100% meaningless? I think even a kid for today can read between the lines here.

Have. Some. Patience.

Oh, come on - MDG has said "coming soon" so often I feel like I am in the theatre watching the upcoming attractions :dadjoke:

Saying "It's on the way" is akin to a parent telling a child "maybe" when the likely answer is "no".

And don't think for a second BOC are managing their own social media.

On 6/20/2024 at 4:54 AM, beerwolf said:

The Boss also said the same thing about Aphex before Richard returned with Syro, so a lot of us at Watmm HQ don't take much notice of Joyrex's predictions. Let's hope he has to eat more humble pie 😜

Well, to be fair there was more to my reasoning than there is with BOC, so yeah, let's hope I am wrong!

On 6/20/2024 at 5:02 AM, thumbass said:

You simply can't predict what they're going to do. I have to admit that, because of the fact that it has been 11 YEARS, I have little hope for us boc fans. Iic if they do release something one day it'll be a joyous moment for all. I love your optimism @Fredd-E! let's hope you can manifest it into a release 🙂 I personally think that the creation of the threads account could mean two things. It either means that Warp thinks that there'll be updates to give in the future or they made the account to prevent the creation of fake accounts (just like aphex twin with the fak Instaphex account that now has 100k followers).

every single time the BOC insta posts something my heart skips a beat lol

Again, (I don't think) BOC have nothing to do with their social media (except for maybe providing the content)

On 6/20/2024 at 6:04 AM, Fredd-E said:

We, on our own, can't predict, but MDG gave us a hand and literally told us we will get a new album (just like he did in 2009/2010). I assume everyone knows who MDG is, right? If not: https://bocpages.org/wiki/MDG

And yes my optimism is still grounded. And if it could manifest into something bigger, sure why not?

Your Threads logic is flawed alas. They could have just claimed @boardsofcanada without posting the "follow us here for future news and announcements" if it was only to stop name squatters claiming their handle. But instead they (Warp and/or BoC) did both: 1) claim the handle, and 2) post that lovely unambiguous message on which we can feast on at present, if you're not too salty.

Come to think of it: they didn't even have to claim the handle because their official Instagram handle is automatically tied to the Threads account. This makes it even more noteworthy they deliberately chose to post that lovely message in 2023.

On a more practical (one would say pessimistic) level, it is keeping record sales and awareness alive.

On 6/20/2024 at 8:38 AM, NewSchoolScience said:

I think it's rather peculiar and a bit odd that people have expectations of them.  They don't owe anyone anything.

Just relax.  If it happens, it happens.  If it doesn't the world isn't going to end.

Every fan has expectations from [insert content creator or company here]. BOC is not unique in having a huge gap in releases or output.

On 6/21/2024 at 5:55 AM, Fredd-E said:

Exactly why I'm a bit afraid the bocset will be sold for much more. A similar expensive box + all new/old/unheard music on top of it.

Mike and Marcus, like many men of our age (I am their age), need to think about the future. Gotta fund the retirement! :dadjoke: - I'm not being crass by saying that, just practical - money is something, everyone, at some level needs to survive in today's world.

I think the best hope for fans (although I would be utterly shocked if this happened) would be for BOC to take the Aphex/AE/Squarepusher route and set up a digital storefront and have someone manage and curate it. Fans would be happy, and while it doesn't jive with BOC's attitude towards releasing their material, it would be a steady flow of income with little overall effort. It might be a more practical way to release these "old tunes" if they ever decided to share them with the public.

27 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

1) Oh, come on - MDG has said "coming soon" so often I feel like I am in the theatre watching the upcoming attractions :dadjoke:

2) Saying "It's on the way" is akin to a parent telling a child "maybe" when the likely answer is "no".

3) And don't think for a second BOC are managing their own social media.

4) On a more practical (one would say pessimistic) level, it is keeping record sales and awareness alive.

1) this is simply NOT true. There’s only one time he said “an album is on its way” (he didn’t even use the word soon) and it’s said in the context of LP5. And that’s in 2022. If there’s more I’ll be happy to add them to my wiki. But I’m super confident you won’t find more.

2) That doesn’t make sense. I’m also starting to believe you really hate MDG. And this is something I can’t comprehend really. You have your reasons I guess.

3) Remember when Bowie died and they posted “there are no words”. Definitely a Warp intern indeed. *rolleyes*

Multiple people have access to those accounts. Contrary to what people think it’s not just Warp managing that. They’re more than capable to use the internet, even though it’s evil allegedly.

4) Peak pessimism reached for today indeed. I agree that keeping an online presence, including Threads, is a good idea. People are everywhere and you want a lot of reach. But I also find it really naive to think that sentence is only used for awareness. It’s the setup for new things to come. You’ll see.

Edited by Fredd-E
  • Haha 2

Peru against Boards Of Canada live in Florida tomorrow night (Wed morning in FL) surely this means a new album 😄, I hope Peru play their old stuff

47 minutes ago, xox said:

what's with the increased activity in this thread?! any signs of a possible release?

Any minute now.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

56 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Any minute now.

Only 273,600 minutes left this year. Sit tight.

Edited by Fredd-E
  • Farnsworth 2

15 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

You’ll see.

We'll be having this conversation (again) a year from now. You'll see.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

I’m also starting to believe you really hate MDG

I have nothing against him - I hardly even know him. I do take exception with saying anything about a release coming, despite his best intentions on keeping the fans informed. Better to just maintain radio silence until there is something more concrete to say.

10 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I have nothing against him - I hardly even know him. I do take exception with saying anything about a release coming, despite his best intentions on keeping the fans informed. Better to just maintain radio silence until there is something more concrete to say.

You know why he said what he said in 2022 about LP5? It was to counter all the doomers who claim BoC is done and TH was their swan project. 

He only wanted to give the fandom some positivity by informing their beloved band is in fact NOT dead and there is an album on its way. Be happy???

But I guess they can't do right in either situation:

1) keep silent? --> outrage because they don't say anything

2) break silence? --> again outrage because you can't trust MDG and whatnot

What a joy.

6 hours ago, xox said:

what's with the increased activity in this thread?! 

maybe if thread gets bumped enough MDG will appear

• Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

Yes, but over on Twoism forum 😉

He has an account here with special privileges...