IGNORED

jordan peterson

dingformung

They don’t really seem to disagree all that much.

Yeah but what's an article or video about JP without something like 'Slays', 'Owns', 'Defeats', 'Battles', 'Outsmarts' or 'Conquers'

i read that lol

Yeah, I quickly realized the same snarky comment could be made about me and in my case it's even worse. I do think it's a really bad show gloating over how you bullied someone off an idm forum. IMHO plurality and diversity are good things and I always (naively) thought places like this should be safe havens for the freaks and weirdos.   

• Thanks 1

fair enough. i do have it on good authority that his posting and prevalence and general attitude was making other better and storied posters not log on. whatever we don't need to air dirty laundry. sorry i brought it up. this account is a social experiment anyway

It was like that part in South Park where gnomes explain their underwear collecting scheme: "1. collect underwear 2. ? 3. profit"

Wasn't that Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

It was like that part in South Park where gnomes explain their underwear collecting scheme: "1. collect underwear 2. ? 3. profit"

Wasn't that Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Yes I think that was ATHF

^ you guys are gaslighting me 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnomes_(South_Park)

Trust Your Memories

:)

Jordan is very good at strawmanning to the point where I'm genuinely impressed by it. He sets them up and knocks em down.

P can sound reasonable when he stays in his lane as a psychologist. When he tries stuff like this, it’s like watching a field mouse get eaten by an owl. Maybe this is his way of tapping out, since he’s probably been a tool of Prager U and the Heritage Foundation for a couple years, which does seem bloody demanding. It’s a dragon of chaos! 

Agree. Before he got famous for standing up to college kids I enjoyed some of his lectures on psychopathy and such. You just have to be wary of when he goes from psychology to talking about the mythology of Disney movies within a single paragraph.

Oh, I was thinking of this episode:

"Escape from Leprechaupolis"

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/aqua-teen-hunger-force/escape-from-leprechaupolis

It kind of has the same premise of it being a very stupid, poorly executed plan.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I realize this “debate” was all about revenue. It’s like the left and the right were expecting their dog to maul the other, but instead they just sniffed each other’s asses and then sat down smiling, thinking about how much money they were making.

I find it interesting how people were saying that capitalism had already won the debate because of the pay to watch stream but there were like 3 youtube streams going at the same time and now the whole thing is on yt for free before official release

edit: not to mention that the official livestream page went down midway trough..

Edited by MIXL2

I think most of debates between "public intellectuals" is just to get their message to a wider audience, considering most of the time they just talk past each other.

Reminds me of when Richard Dawkins came to a city where I used to live for a debate. However either before or after the debate, Richard held some kind of luncheon where people could meet him, and he charged a few hundred dollars just to get in. If I remember right it was around $800-$1000 for his 'foundation'. 

Zizek May be a weirdo himself, but he really did make JP look dumb. I don’t know where all the “they agree on everything” comments I’ve read came from. He gave JP enough rope to hang himself, he was just way too polite about it.