IGNORED

What's Your Favourite Unreleased Autechre Track?

Joyrex

If anyone's wondering why I didn't mention my favourite:

I can't find it! I recall it being posted ages ago (a YouTube video I think, or possibly SoundCloud) and I remember it had a space shuttle or something as the visual image... cannot for the life of me remember the track name although "2651" keeps popping into my old brain... had such a lovely melody. I'm still looking!

18 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I can't find it! I recall it being posted ages ago (a YouTube video I think, or possibly SoundCloud) and I remember it had a space shuttle or something as the visual image... cannot for the life of me remember the track name although "2651" keeps popping into my old brain... had such a lovely melody. I'm still looking!

Not unreleased though...

My favourite unreleased AE is easily this one (technically unreleased, promo only innit):

Uploaded it almost 10 years ago, asked AE about it in the AAA (see video description). Blows all the other Keynell remixes out of the water, I'd do anything for a long version of this entire session (or anymore stuff of this era of AE).

Other contestants: Coil remix (above mentioned) and Byproduct 2.b (Sensational Meets Kouhei - Sensachre 10 Mix (Autechre Remix) (Instrumental). The vocal version has been released obviously, but that instrumental is fire. 

Also, Sean's Horizon patch but I have it so I can enjoy it occasionally. Rob's leaked mix tape from ages ago too. 

Don't know if this counts as it's technically been released in the AE Live sets but would love to hear the super sub clonkedy clonk @ 32:20 here as a fully fledged track:

23 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Don't know if this counts as it's technically been released in the AE Live sets but would love to hear the super sub clonkedy clonk @ 32:20 here as a fully fledged track:

ooh yeah this bit and the immediately preceding bit are my absolute favorite parts of the live sets. gets me so pumped

First things that come to mind are the vinyl only / long OOP stuff  - would love to be able to buy decent quality versions of PIOB Mix Two (beatless version of the one on Garbage EP, seem to recall is came with some magazine, record says promotional only/not for sale), Silversub (similar deal) and definitely We R Are Why

24 minutes ago, Herr Jan said:

My favourite unreleased AE is easily this one (technically unreleased, promo only innit):

Uploaded it almost 10 years ago, asked AE about it in the AAA (see video description). Blows all the other Keynell remixes out of the water, I'd do anything for a long version of this entire session (or anymore stuff of this era of AE).

Seconded, I love this mix to pieces!  I will have you know however that the A/C unit in my office building fell through the roof and two floors, then lumbered down the hallway, dismantled the door, and came by my cubicle to tell me that you're wrong and that the best Keynell is clearly Keynell 2.

38 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Are you thinking 6852?

11 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

First things that come to mind are the vinyl only / long OOP stuff  - would love to be able to buy decent quality versions of PIOB Mix Two (beatless version of the one on Garbage EP, seem to recall is came with some magazine, record says promotional only/not for sale), Silversub (similar deal) and definitely We R Are Why

Seconded, I love this mix to pieces!  I will have you know however that the A/C unit in my office building fell through the roof and two floors, then lumbered down the hallway, dismantled the door, and came by my cubicle to tell me that you're wrong and that the best Keynell is clearly Keynell 2.

Are you thinking 6852?

@Herr Jan - found it - it's "Nomina" that was released on a Mind the Gap compilation - 6852 is nice too, but Nomina is one of my favourite AE tracks. BUT, it was released, so doesn't qualify here...

13 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Um, everything that happens in the OneSix sets.

I think OneSix is the best AE ever did (but maybe I rate it that highly because I was at a gig of that tour). I really need those soundboards

^^^^^^^

Yep, the Autechre remix of Gescom is splendid. They did have it on hq digital on bleepstore and it was in my bleep account. Then both mysteriously disappeared. Though technically it has been released on wax.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:38 AM, Joyrex said:

Inspired by @NewSchoolScience post in the thread, I got to thinking - what is everyone's favourite Autechre track that's unreleased?

without having heard it, i'd vote for the ae/zoviet*france collab...

Sean Ae

•  
  • Sean Ae
  • Featured Artist
  • 810 posts
On 11/2/2013 at 4:11 PM, kieselguhr kid said:

what became of the zoviet*france / AE collaboration - any chance of hearing any of that material (if it actually exists) ?

ben's got the DAT

every time i ask him to send it over he goes 'yeah' and then doesn't, so i haven't heard any of it since we did the gigs

9 minutes ago, kieselguhr kid said:

without having heard it, i'd vote for the ae/zoviet*france collab...

Sean Ae

•  
  • Sean Ae
  • Featured Artist
  • 810 posts

ben's got the DAT

every time i ask him to send it over he goes 'yeah' and then doesn't, so i haven't heard any of it since we did the gigs

It's my theory that acid mwan idle from nts was an attempt to recreate what that collab sounded like

I've always been intrigued by their remix of O.S.T ( Chris Douglas ) which never saw the light of day

Thought he might put it out when he was on bandcamp splurge mode end of last year, but nope ?  Though all the stuff he did release is awesome btw - https://amhain.bandcamp.com/ (though looks like lot of it has now disappeared)

Other than that would be all the live stuff! imagine if they put soundboards up on their store from each tour they had recordings of! ? 

Archived