IGNORED

Aphex Twin to stream Warehouse Project live 10/04

amad

i nabbed the hq opus source audio using youtube-dl and cut tracks of new stuff. i had to consider where track breaks go and i would like to share my findings with watmm and open it up to discussion. 

• at the Printworks London '19 show (official yt link), Richard seems to have provided a track listing in the YT description, including a section called "mini live set" broken into 4 parts. it goes from 1:22:44 to 1:33:47 (11 minutes)
  • the Printworks mini live set appears at the manchester show, 6 days later, with changes and more before the beginning. it seems that 1:37 to 23:20 in manchester may be a mini live set (22 minutes)
  • a comment on the manchester youtube has a user-built track list. it seems to erroneously include @FX-MATRIXT1 within that section.
  • the start of the printworks mini live set can be heard at 13:59 of manchester (halfway through the 22 minute block)
  • i wanted to know if that 22 minute section of manchester is multiple tracks and where the track breaks go. i originally broke it into 4 parts: the end section, which is like Printworks mini live set, and 3 sections before that: the 6 minute trippy opener, 2 minutes of heavy acid that's next, and the part in between that and the part that sounds like Printworks mini live set.
  • i realized that the latter 15 minutes of the 22 minute manchester block sound like they go together and were not composed separately
  • there is a lull, around 7:10, which seemed like a song ending. but now i am starting to think it's just a lull, an aphexian false ending, and that the opener is not a separate, unreleased track
  • many elements from the first part are found later, including bass sound and percussion sound

so is this is an epic 22 minute composition (in the pseudo-composed/live improv sense)? and, if so, what does it mean?

Edited by very honest

that first part of manchester mini live set is at the end of printworks mini live set. seems like richard maybe rebuilt the mini live set into a fairly composed 22 minute epic in 6 days

Edited by very honest

On 4/23/2020 at 8:35 AM, very honest said:

it seems to erroneously include @FX-MATRIXT1 within that section.

@FX-MATRIXT1 is actually in there, although very hard to notice. It begins around the 7:00 minute mark. I was very impressed somebody actually caught it and realized that's what it was lol.

46 minutes ago, popeonarope said:

@FX-MATRIXT1 is actually in there, although very hard to notice. It begins around the 7:00 minute mark. I was very impressed somebody actually caught it and realized that's what it was lol.

yeah i was going to say the same.  i saw the tracklist and listened for it, its in there as a transition/ bridge while they fiddle with the live machines probably

@very honest i dont see the point trying to distinguish track beginning and endings, its a continuous 'mini live set' as it says on the tin.  a damn good one too!  what gear i would be curious.. 909 is the most obvious piece of kit in the foreground

4 hours ago, markedone said:

@very honest i dont see the point trying to distinguish track beginning and endings, its a continuous 'mini live set' as it says on the tin.  a damn good one too!  what gear i would be curious.. 909 is the most obvious piece of kit in the foreground

yeah, i ended up thinking it's one long thing. there was no official setlist for manchester that i was aware of it, it was the london show that had a setlist that said "mini live set." but yeah that's what it seems to be. definitely damn good. 

5 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Is the stream better audio quality than the one already on youtube, which seems about as good as audio recording of a concert gets.

yeah, the original upload has great sound. the new facebook upload sounds maybe better. 

also good new stuff at 59:15 - 1:05:20 and the end is like a new mix of steinvord - backyard.

Edited by very honest

29 minutes ago, very honest said:

also good new stuff at 59:15 - 1:05:20 and the end is like a new mix of steinvord - backyard.

Woah, it's as if he had something to do with the creation of that track, hehehe

I'm wondering if his new tracks he's shown live will eventually be released on SAW 3, or if he has another kind of release in mind, and not more SAW. That slab of music from like 10-20 minutes seems like it would fit well on a potential SAW 3

^ definitely some nice sawish sections. also some heavy stuff. around 13 minutes into mini live set it's like the spaceship enters warp drive. i wouldn't be surprised if the manchester mini live set gets released. (this kind of is a release). 

@Brisbot, i ripped what i think is the HQ audio from FB and compared it with the HQ audio i got from YT and it looks like it's a different audio track. less compressed, and i think maybe clearer.

image.thumb.png.0abfee7bbf7a7e41e43bd546ba5996c3.png

@nailik if you go to the video page in an incognito window, view page source, and search for 

audio:[{url:

then you will have a link to the audio track that you can download, between the quotes

2022 UPDATE

if you're trying to rip the audio, the page's code changed. the steps aren't simple anymore, but here's a url that's working for now: https://video-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-29/10000000_642150813241582_2357192736721933519_n.mp4?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5aebc0&efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6ImRhc2hfbGl2ZV9tZF9mcmFnXzJfYXVkaW8ifQu00253Du00253D&_nc_ohc=wZlxIZ9m570AX-DqClQ&_nc_ht=video-bos3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8JvYnDzaDhCPqo-0CjQsvWvmRPO3_7dcXT4Ylo-tnyUw&oe=620800C1

you can format the page source with a js formatter, search for "audio" and check out the objects. right now the audio objects are broken up into data, init, and sidx. you want the data url and right now they have backslashes in there that need to be string-replaced out

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

Just now discovering the 22 minute live intro and hot daaamn, instant re-listen. If you've slept on this too, you need to listen.

I'd kill to see an hour of him(/them?) doing it up like that.

Nothing to really add, just appreciateposting

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:06 PM, Hodorsbn said:

Just now discovering the 22 minute live intro and hot daaamn, instant re-listen. If you've slept on this too, you need to listen.

I'd kill to see an hour of him(/them?) doing it up like that.

Nothing to really add, just appreciateposting

yeah, i keep returning to it. it's a unique and great work.