IGNORED

Apple - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and Apple WATCH

Joyrex

Can't recommend a Moto G enough. Has all the functionality you'd want from a smart phone. Is responsive and reliable. Has replaceable batteries and is reasonably priced. Get a SIM only contract (with giff gaff if you're in UK) and you'll be paying like... £30 less a month than your average iPhone contract.

Fuck this overrated brand off.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apple announced it's latest iPhones - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, a 5.5" "phablet", and of course, the "One more thing" was the Apple WATCH (they uppercase the name) - looks like Samsung will be shitting themselves, as Apple appears to have just ate their lunch in one fell swoop.

iLol

I'm willing to bet the battery life on both those phones sucks all kinds of ass.

Joyrex - those are not bad prices - standard-type contracts?

Hang on - is that just that they now have NFC built in their new phones (like my phone did a few years ago) and in the typical Apple fashion giving it a new name and claiming it as an invention ?

Hang on - is that just that they now have NFC built in their new phones (like my phone did a few years ago) and in the typical Apple fashion giving it a new name and claiming it as an invention ?

To be fair, it seems they cut some deals with retailers to broaden support for NFC payments. Not many places support it, or even know what the hell it is in the US. We don't even have chip & pin yet, mind.

I've been awaiting with great expectation for the day that the apple nfc in phone payment system goes live. Because then finally retailers (and banks) here will realise that our phones have nfc built into them, so start installing the infrastructure so that i can use it. My bank has nfc capability, but you have to stick a chick in a phone case rather than just using the one that's already in your damn phone. So now apple are doing it, all those technologically clueless company execs, and thank goodness for that, finally i can go for a long walk without my wallet, cause it's a bulky thing and finally be able to buy a drink of water at some random store using my phone if i get thirsty.

huyay.

Also lol at taptic feedback. And U2 and every other silly thing in there.

We don't even have chip & pin yet, mind.

Flippin' 'eck - I always assumed you guys were ahead of us tech wise. I can't even remember when Chip&Pin was first introduced, we've moved on to (for

where's my Apple cock ring? I mean everyone is texting at the urinal anyway, why not make everyone jealous with a gold plated Prince Albert

Did you watch the vid, it wouldn't be gold, it would be this 'cool material that gets mixed with gold to make it harder'. Ala, some gold alloy that probably has 5% gold in it.

But the tiny screen man. Why not go android or windows phone.

those giant screens are so obnoxious looking imo. its a shame the iPhone will eventually be the size of a tablet just like most android devices.

We don't even have chip & pin yet, mind.

Flippin' 'eck - I always assumed you guys were ahead of us tech wise. I can't even remember when Chip&Pin was first introduced, we've moved on to (for < £20 purchases) contactless cards where you just touch the card to the reader for payment

It's my understanding that the US has always been woefully behind when it comes to banking and money transfers. Are cheques still common there or have they finally moved on from that?

Archived