IGNORED

Mark Fell - The Neurobiology Of Moral Decision Making

jlobkob

This is out for a month, i picked it up (i highly recommend it) but it seems like WATMM missed this fine Collarboration with Budapest-based Gabor Lazar:

R-6963719-1430524168-3965.jpeg.jpg

also listen to this absolutely lush track (not associated with this album, but also by mark fell):

http://www.thewire.co.uk/audio/tracks/listen_mark-fell-track

Edited by jlobkob

This is actually more of the direction I've always hoped snd tracks would go - more spectral progression, almost hecker esque (florian rather than tim) in noise tweaking.

related but unrelated from Mark Fell..... interesting project he's done with an Oxford anthropologist on sounds/records that shape you through time

boils down to a series of mixes that cover specific eras/years/genres, proper funny too at times:

http://www.markfell.com/wiki/index.php?n=Mf.DawnOfMan

doesn't sound like a collaboration, it sounds just like a pretty decent Fell workout

also, from the very first second i heard it i thought ''wow! this must have something to do with the neurobiology of moral decision making!''

amazd!

Love this LP already.

Just coming home from Mego night at Cafe Oto where he did the funniest/stupidest/greatest set ever.

;-)

Klara was fantastic wasn't she.

Neurobiology sounds ace.

Copped this when it first came out; really, really love it. This and the Errorsmith collab on PAN are in my top 5 of 2015 so far.

also listen to this absolutely lush track (not associated with this album, but also by mark fell):

http://www.thewire.co.uk/audio/tracks/listen_mark-fell-track

Love this; is it a track released exclusively for The Wire?

sounds great, but it doesn't sound like a collaboration, it sounds just like a pretty decent Fell workout

I feel like Gabor's stuff is already very similar to Mark's, but with a focus on one note's articulation, sans percussion. "Neurobiology" sounds more like Gabor's stuff to me, with finishing touches and snare/kick placement by Mark. Either way it sounds great.

"Neurobiology" sounds more like Gabor's stuff to me, with finishing touches and snare/kick placement by Mark. Either way it sounds great.

Agree, it sounds completely Lazar aside from added percussion (which could really be subtracted without damage), it was also recorded in like a day. In principle it's very similar to the earlier collab with the violin guy Sandro Mussida that Fell did for his new 7-inch label: Fell does the drum machine treatment on top.

Just coming home from Mego night at Cafe Oto where he did the funniest/stupidest/greatest set ever.

Definitely wanna hear more about that - what happened ?!

"Neurobiology" sounds more like Gabor's stuff to me, with finishing touches and snare/kick placement by Mark. Either way it sounds great.

Agree, it sounds completely Lazar aside from added percussion (which could really be subtracted without damage), it was also recorded in like a day. In principle it's very similar to the earlier collab with the violin guy Sandro Mussida that Fell did for his new 7-inch label: Fell does the drum machine treatment on top.

huh

• 4 months later...

What was the story about this one Mr. Spiralllllllllllllllllllllllllly ?

Wow totally thought I answered this at the time.

He had an old lady (I'm guessing his Grandma?) reading an academic paper I presumed he'd written while a glitchy noise collage played in parallel.

This was all a recording. We, the audience, just stared at a still photo of the old lady holding the paper she was reading from; projected on the stage.

lols were had when she got bored of reading and started gossiping about various family members and complaining about her failing ears etc (though I found her talk about having to wear double hearing aids rather poignant. We, the audience, were sitting there at what could be argued was an audiophile gathering listening to an old lady talk about failing hearing and, bottom line really, mortality. This is what qualified it as Art imo)

Also there was another funny bit where she tried to put her cup of tea down on the recording device.

Like I always do nowadays I made some short vids of all the acts:

Wow totally thought I answered this at the time.

He had an old lady (I'm guessing his Grandma?) reading an academic paper I presumed he'd written while a glitchy noise collage played in parallel.

This was all a recording. We, the audience, just stared at a still photo of the old lady holding the paper she was reading from; projected on the stage.

lols were had when she got bored of reading and started gossiping about various family members and complaining about her failing ears etc (though I found her talk about having to wear double hearing aids rather poignant. We, the audience, were sitting there at what could be argued was an audiophile gathering listening to an old lady talk about failing hearing and, bottom line really, mortality. This is what qualified it as Art imo)

Also there was another funny bit where she tried to put her cup of tea down on the recording device.

Like I always do nowadays I made some short vids of all the acts:

i seem to recall reading an interview in which fell claimed that steel is deaf in one ear? any one know bout dis?