a quick semi-pointless thought on the anti-health pass protests in france: 

so this has been going on for a few weeks now, protesters taking to the streets every saturday. i'm too lazy to check out the news and read articles about this but i heard these protests were not against covid vaccines per se and weren't fueled by vaccine "skepticism"/hesitancy. which doesn't seem to align with the footage i've seen on twitter. the vast majority of protesters weren't wearing masks and were often packed like sardines - so much for social distancing. if these people don't have a problem with covid vacccines, why weren't they wearing masks? 

i'm not saying that wearing a mask in all circumstances equals trust in covid vaccines, i'm aware these are 2 separate things, but i fail to see how what we're seeing with these protests isn't a result of vaccine skepticism. especially when protesters yell en masse "touche pas à raoult" (for more on this: https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210819-marseille-seeks-to-turn-page-on-controversial-covid-doctor). 

i've changed my mind while redacting this post: these protests are definitely not just against the health pass. my point is, it'd be nice if these people could wear a mask and respect social disctancing when they do their shit. hashtag no one cares.

• Like 1

What would you do when you have valid concerns about the safety of the new vaccins? ....Of course, you take horse medicine! That makes total sense!!! Brilliant! It's tested on horses, so it's perfectly safe! O-M-G

Spoiler

Please, could we give out those horse medicines for free. We need people stupid enough to prove Darwin's theory still works. It  should help to reduce the amount of stupid. The sooner the better. It might provide some climate relief as well.

• Like 3