IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

One time we were listening to Anti-Ep at a party when a police officer came to the door looking very angry.

"I do believe that noise you are listening to is most definetly a succession of repetitive beats. I will be disbanding this party and arresting all of you." he said.

"Wait, officer! Listen closely..." I said.

Everyone was still. The music played. We waited in anxiety. After several measures the police officer had a look of disbelief and anger on his face.

"Well, I would of got away with it if it weren't for you and that meddling AUTECHRE!"

lol pwnpwnpwn

One time we were listening to Anti-Ep at a party when a police officer came to the door looking very angry.

"I do believe that noise you are listening to is most definetly a succession of repetitive beats. I will be disbanding this party and arresting all of you." he said.

Everyone was still. The music played. We waited in anxiety. After several measures the police officer had a look of disbelief and anger on his face.

"Well, I would of got away with it if it weren't for you and that meddling AUTECHRE!"

lol pwnpwnpwn

lol pwnpwnpwn the sequal

• 4 months later...
Guest thedisavowed

This doesn't involve anyone else.. but...

The other day I threw Cichlisuite on and 'Yeesland' came on but my i-pod blows and sometimes when it plays it starts clipping sort of like the end of Afx's "Mt Saint Michel Mix + St Michaels Mount" only non rhythmically and I was sitting there thinking that I didn't remember 'Yeesland' being this difficult.

Turns out my i-pod was messing up. With any other kind of music I would have known. With AE, it really could have been recorded that way for all I knew.

That's A LOT of artistic latitude there....

Edited by thedisavowed

• 3 weeks later...

oh yeah... there was this time about 2 and a half years ago... i was listening to cap iv at work and when the chaotic ending came about, this dude said it sounded like a popcorn machine! he was a pretty ecentric dude in his own right, so i let it pass!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Audiorama

I was listening Incunabula in school one day, and I gave it to a schoolmate to listen to it and he said: "Oh, the kind of music you listen to in bed, before you fall asleep."

I was thinking, that's a weird association for ae music. He took it home and came the next day with: "It's ok."

He never listened to it again. Do I need to say any more?

driving around late at night hanging out with friends in high school, i put on draft 7.30 and everybody was convinced recordings of farts were integral to the bass lines

Guest Enter a new display name
a bunch of nerds flocking the slsk watmm room looking for quaristice leaks, what a riot

I was there... :embrassed:

• 1 year later...

lol pwnpwnpwnpwnpwn

ahahah i'm LOLing so hard

don't have many ae stories.... well except for this one time I was playing poker with some friends and chicli came up

the whole room went quiet for about 3 minutes and afterwards everybody started crying when we realised the universe is one dense vibration and we are nothing but astral projections of living stardust

QFawesome

Guest JohnTqs

"Sounds like thing 1 and thing 2 talking to each other"

and

"What the fuck John"

Edited by JohnTqs

Guest the anonymous forumite

A best friend of mine told me: "How can you listen to that ? I'me sure you pretend you like that but in fact you don't, you say you like it just to look cool and weird".

I was at a client doing some IT shit and some music was playing on their stero, it was Forcasa 3 by Bola and I was like OMG DIS IZ BOLA!!! They were like "Who? This is chillout tunes vol VVVIVIVI" and I was like "FUCK ALL Y'ALL"

Bola is Autechre's friend.

The funny part is that you're all cunts.

Reading one star reviews on Amazon = endless entertainment

"Oooh, two guys doing difficult things with drummachines and keyboards; only the extremely naive buy this just because they think it'll make them look intelligent. This has nothing to do with music. I listen to virtually every kind of music (...) and artists like Autechre, Aphex Twin and Mu-Ziq made stuff I really think is good; the otherworldy feel it sometimes has can be great. But Confield is just a big joke.

Take the first track; it's absolutely unlistenable trash which sounds the same as a couple of wine glasses on top of a spinning washing machine. I bet Confield took a lot of work, programming the beats in the most difficult way possible, but Sean and Rob really wasted their time. It's as uninteresting as it is bad. Avoid it bigtime."

"I would give this zero stars if I could. I don't know why I was so foolish to spend money on this without hearing it first. It sounds worse than their last one and that one is terrible. It's not even music, just random noise. I don't know what happened to Autechre, they used to make good music. They are terrible in concert as well."