IGNORED

What is your expectation about the next album

o00o

next album is gonna sound like ... tahnaiya russell ... it's gonna be epic.

now that i could properly go for, as that tahnaiya russell cut is the kind of thing that gets me going.

i could change my from-country to "United Kingdom" and refer to Him as "Richard" and pretend that i know the guy from a hole in the ground, however that's far from the case so allow me to speculate:

i've noticed that after flirting with american-pop-media relative-success in 1998 he's kind of changed it up some. obviously, the only proper LP in the mix was drukqs, watered down to a 2xLP with those piano cuts to get out of the warp deal (or so the rumors go/went/etc) and well, even right before that and from after that, he's been some str8up electronic music.

obviously the analords go back to at least 02, as i've got a liveset (primavera, from spain) with analord cuts on it that i've had for quite a bit, so i reckon that he went back into the archives to grab some stuff press it up and get it out there to pad the pocketbook, or howevermuchmoney theeee so-called "electronic music" makes ye, i know naught. i figure that the tuss is something similar, as the very name tuss indicates it's in the same vein as analord and 26 mixes for cash, as i presume calling oneself the analord kind of goes hand-in-hand with being able to take your old fap put it out on vinyl and watch a whole subgenre worth of fans start to worship you like the indelible deity you still cant 100% accept that you are (or well 120% accept that you are and consequently are a bit freaked out by your loyal legions, as i've speculated for years)

quite honestly, i really think it'd take a masterstroke out of somebody else to get a masterstroke out of him. it's like how i believe that "come to daddy" was some sort of "rebuttal" to the prodigy getting big in the USA with firestarter, so he took their basic sound and absolutely dicombobulated it and recombobulated it right there in front of you like "fuck them." clearly, as philie-T dutifully reported before hello everything came out, squarepusher's in a mentally-happy place therefore it's going to take some sort of trauma, or just time evidently, to get him back to the imbalanced level where he churns out greatness... besides i think they like each other too much (prolly, again 100% rampant speculation) to be that uber-competitive... that means someone really has to step up and drop something that starts to get people to stop worshipping aphex twin so ostensibly, then you'll get that AFX/twin proper LP of bonafide-new-stuffs taht will amaze.

personally i think whatever legitimately-new-output would be str8up electronic music, as the high-concept prissy artsy shit that kind of went along with his ambient stuff into the i care because you do / ventolin era is long gone... quite honestly if he releases an ambient LP i'd wanna trout the motherfucker (where are my mIRC heads?) because THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO POINT TO DOING THAT. it's not coming full circle or anything, it's a whole heap of shite i reckon.

i cant say what it would sound like, what i'd like it to be is perhaps taking that superjungle/post-drum-and-bass/anything-but-calling-it-breakcore sound and starting to infuse computer-controlled live instruments on top of it, i.e. guitars, and maybe have some sort of faux-RDJ in costume thrashing around as a fake frontman, while hte real one pisses off to smoke his hash and play mp3s. really i dont have beef with mp3 liveshows, as long as there's the aforementioned unreleased stuff and a mix that technically holds up with great track selection and technicality in the actual mix going on, pre-fabbed or otherwise, as seeing some pasty white guy up there physically doing something is novel, sure, but it typically has nothing to do with my clubgoing experience as much as thee actual music does.

If the new release is in any way similar to Drukqs - a masterpiece - I will be happy. If it's simply gonna be a good album, then I will be happy as well of course.

it's like how i believe that "come to daddy" was some sort of "rebuttal" to the prodigy getting big in the USA with firestarter, so he took their basic sound and absolutely dicombobulated it and recombobulated it right there in front of you like "fuck them."

I always thought Come To Daddy was ridiculously similar to the Prodigy's Breathe, but never even bothered to check which track actually came out first.

As for future Aphex stuff, no idea what to expect if anything at all.

it's like how i believe that "come to daddy" was some sort of "rebuttal" to the prodigy getting big in the USA with firestarter, so he took their basic sound and absolutely dicombobulated it and recombobulated it right there in front of you like "fuck them."

I always thought Come To Daddy was ridiculously similar to the Prodigy's Breathe, but never even bothered to check which track actually came out first.

Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy

Released: 16 Oct 1997

Prodigy - Breathe

Released: 11 Nov 1996

Archived