IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just installed super monkey ball 2 for the iphone! It was released yesterday and is a million times better than the first one (but not any less sadistic).

Super-Monkey-Ball-2-iPhone.jpg

Super-Monkey-Ball-iPhone-4.png

I hate Monkey Ball so much.

I might buy Borderlands tomorrow as I have a massive boner for anything post-apocalyptic, anyone got it?

i played borderlands for like a week straight after i got it and was really into it, then mw2 was released, and then assassins creed 2, and now i just don't feel like getting back to borderlands, it's fun for a while, but more of a transition game for me, between uncharted 2 and mw2.

would you care to explain? i'm having a lot of fun with it

I don't have the patience for the balancing act. It's too damn hard and fruitless.

Drakes Fortune 1

The explosions are awful and theres way too much shooting. You cant walk more than 10metres without having killed 20 enemies.

The characters arent that appealing either, but at least the gameplay is unnerving.

Guest Renivatio

Currently playing Left 4 Dead 2 and hopefully soon Crysis. Since my vid card upgrade I played the demo on high settings with 30 fps :sorcerer:

I just bought Bad Company to get a hype going for the next installment in the Bad Company series.

Btw. Max Payne 3 has just been pushed back yet again. Sad news indeed but then again it looks really weird and nothing like a Max Payne game.

I don't have the patience for the balancing act. It's too damn hard and fruitless.

You need to play Monkey Ball with a GameCube pad or a Nintendo analog controller in general, the octagonal edge around the stick and the ultra solid spring really helps, it's a great game when you have proper analog control.

You need to play Monkey Ball with a GameCube pad or a Nintendo analog controller in general, the octagonal edge around the stick and the ultra solid spring really helps, it's a great game when you have proper analog control.

The gamecube monkey ball games are the shit.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Eve Online 14 day trial whilst listening to future space glitch hoppish jams=the shit(for the record this may be the first MMO I actually play for more than 3 days)((Im not a mmo nerd........ yet))(((scratch that im gonna enter a 12 step program and claim it to be a debilitating disease for attention)))

eveonline.jpg

Eve Online 14 day trial whilst listening to future space glitch hoppish jams=the shit(for the record this may be the first MMO I actually play for more than 3 days)((Im not a mmo nerd........ yet))(((scratch that im gonna enter a 12 step program and claim it to be a debilitating disease for attention)))

eveonline.jpg

Eve Online is fun if you´re not playing. I love the complexity, the fitting, all the micromanagement OUTSIDE of the game. but it´s totally boring if you play it. i was in a big alliance (Razor), enormous fights 1000 vs 1000 ships, but it was still boring. cancelled my account a fe months ago, and i´m not going back.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

eveonline.jpg

Eve Online is fun if you´re not playing. I love the complexity, the fitting, all the micromanagement OUTSIDE of the game. but it´s totally boring if you play it. i was in a big alliance (Razor), enormous fights 1000 vs 1000 ships, but it was still boring. cancelled my account a fe months ago, and i´m not going back.

I completely understand where you are coming from, especially being that I don't like the "combat" in every MMO ive ever played. I like visceral knee jerk twitch skill based combat. So yes I get what your saying the combat isn't exactly exciting per say, traveling system to system is super slow and tedious etc. Based on what ive always said about the boring lack of dynamic entertainment in the combat/control in MMO's its highly ironic that im thinking of finally getting a account in Eve.

But the visual style, the music I personally put in the jukebox to heighten the immersion, the complexity of possible ways I could approach making a billion ISK and progressively get huger ships is exciting to me. The social dynamics of spys, wars, pirates, scams and shit is pretty interesting too. You ever did much wormhole mining operations, pirating, or anything besides large corporate warfare?

last night i went into some kind of trance like state playing ikaruga on hard. beat it in a sitting. i am a god.

awesome, now try to do it with Radiant Silvergun or Gradius 5 :rdjgrin:

fine by me. i've been playing the game for years. i am a god.

You're probably not as good as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZEGyrEnXrk

this video blows my mind every time i see it , and ive watched it about 40 times

Never really liked Radiant Silvergun, it was so slooooowwwwwww, the chaining was pants too, the presentation was great and so was the gameplay.

Need to check the GC version of Ikaruga, used to play a lot of the DC version, cool thing was that the chain score was displayed on the VMU.

Btw. Max Payne 3 has just been pushed back yet again. Sad news indeed but then again it looks really weird and nothing like a Max Payne game.

I'm not even looking forward to it. The way it looks, they should have just called it something else and had some other protagonist. Seems like it's just gone generic action game.

Archived