IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uncharted 2 - I am on the second last level. amazing game but its too fucking short.

Yeah, my son and I burned through that very fast - trying to finish it on Crushing difficulty to get the trophies.

I'm playing a bunch of old (~2000-05) PC games that I could never play before on my shit computer. Now I can play these games in fucking ultra Hi res, so I think I'll just make a point of lagging behind with PC games because the older games get, the easier they get to pirate, and the better they look on my computer.

Right now I just played through Serious Sam 1 which is brilliant, even though its just essentially a sequence of huge battle arenas.

Played through Return to Castle Wolfenstein which was surprisingly awesome considering at first glance it appears to be another generic shooter.

Doing the first Call of Duty now which is awesome so far. Can anybody else recommend me some games that are awesome? Again I'm talking about stuff in and around the era of Doom 3 and Quake 4 as both of those run on my PC on full settings.

Guest kanondwerg

I'm playing a bunch of old (~2000-05) PC games that I could never play before on my shit computer. Now I can play these games in fucking ultra Hi res, so I think I'll just make a point of lagging behind with PC games because the older games get, the easier they get to pirate, and the better they look on my computer.

Right now I just played through Serious Sam 1 which is brilliant, even though its just essentially a sequence of huge battle arenas.

Played through Return to Castle Wolfenstein which was surprisingly awesome considering at first glance it appears to be another generic shooter.

Doing the first Call of Duty now which is awesome so far. Can anybody else recommend me some games that are awesome? Again I'm talking about stuff in and around the era of Doom 3 and Quake 4 as both of those run on my PC on full settings.

Mass Effect, Chaos Theory, Assassin's Creed (lol) I guess

I've played all of those ones.

Mainly I'm talking about FPS games because I tend to avoid FPS on console as they generally control like shit so I'm up to date with most good games from that era that aren't shooters.

Also I'd prefer single player shit because I spend alot of time sitting on campus with my lappy and can't get into online games due to a firewall.

also mp games tend to not pirate well.

Guest kanondwerg

Mainly I'm talking about FPS games because I tend to avoid FPS on console as they generally control like shit so I'm up to date with most good games from that era that aren't shooters.

Also I'd prefer single player shit because I spend alot of time sitting on campus with my lappy and can't get into online games due to a firewall.

ask your uni to open the ports

or play through crysis, far cry, killing floor, deus ex (if you havent already)

HL2 man. All day long. Doom 3 is wicked. Loved that shit. I still play it from time to time. Same with HL2. I still need to play ep2 and portal but my computer wasn't diggin it too much. Serious sam bored the hell out of me.

FORZA 3

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

fixt

cus it's not on ps3?

YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ME?!?! A NASCAR RACING DRIVER TOLD ME THIS GAME IS THE BESTED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

FORZA 3

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

fixt

cus it's not on ps3?

YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ME?!?! A NASCAR RACING DRIVER TOLD ME THIS GAME IS THE BESTED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

LOL, no - I'm sure it's a fine game (Metacritic seems to think so) - just giving you a hard time.

• 2 weeks later...

just picked up a gamecube w/ gameboy player add-on for $30! been playing all my old faves: Link's Awakening, Metroid, Cool Spot, Speedy Gonzales, etc etc.

if anybody has any old-school (or new I guess) gameboy game recommendations, fuckin let me know already!

(this seems like as good a time as any for me to express my fury at having to buy an entire gaming platform I'll probably never use just to see Zelda on a fatty backlit screen)

just picked up a gamecube w/ gameboy player add-on for $30! been playing all my old faves: Link's Awakening, Metroid, Cool Spot, Speedy Gonzales, etc etc.

if anybody has any old-school (or new I guess) gameboy game recommendations, fuckin let me know already!

(this seems like as good a time as any for me to express my fury at having to buy an entire gaming platform I'll probably never use just to see Zelda on a fatty backlit screen)

Erm, couldn't you have just downloaded a Gameboy Advance emulator and all the games you wanted to play...?

I just finished Resident Evil 5 about 2 minutes ago. What a mess. It was like watching a Michael Bay movie; it's entertaining but fuck me it's stupid.

Resident Evil 4 was a brilliant game. Probably one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. It had the right amount of action, scary moments, and cheesy dialogue. In Resident Evil 5 they've removed all the scary elements and bellyflopped right into one big action-fest and at the same time managed to make the cheesy dialogue even more cheesy - I have no idea how they managed to outdo themselves. Some of the lines are just as bad as the ones from Resident Evil 1... and that's bad.

They've also, for some reason, decided to strip the game of all the classic Resident Evil-puzzles. :facepalm:

The game looks beautiful but once you actually play the game you'll notice that the game is extremely static. You can't really interact with the environment in any way except from a few boxes that you can destroy, and all the animations are taken directly from Resident Evil 4 - now that's fucking lazy.

They should have called it Resident of War instead of Resident Evil.

I could mention the horrible controls but... nah...

6/10

just one game atm, on the train, on my psp: disgaea II

greatest bestest smoothest gameplay in a tactical rpg ever

and ridiculous enough to stay interesting

060829s1.jpg

disgaea2-7.jpg

image_thumb309.png

disgaea2ps289123.jpg

and that point & click adventure game Machinarium was really good! short but very very sweet

right, sometimes i don't feel like whipping out my computer in the train on the way to college and am still trying to wake up / catch a buzz off the first coffee of the day

so that's where a turn-based stat-focused RPG comes in: pure frickin adrenaline!

Archived