IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I found the friends list in Tribes (my name is Acaideus on Hi-Command/Ascend) but me and my buddy are on Steam (Boobytron) voice chat for communication.

Hi-Command, is fine, it's a lot more simple and less intrusive than Origin. I can see why they wanted to skip the middle man for updating their games and having a launch platform for all their free to play titles.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm purchasing a PS3 with some credit card points this weekend.

Games I may purchase initially:

Portal 2

Uncharted series

LBP

Recommendations appreciated!

Portal 2

Uncharted series

LBP

i just got a ps3 too.

about halfway through Unchartered 3 now - it's very good - quite a cinematic game. I might have to get the first 2.

I ordered Arkham Asylum + Sonic Generations (I played a demo of Sonic Gen and it blew me away!)

I've been playing Portal 2 on PC. It's also really good. The first part of the game is a mishmash of ideas from the original portal but then it gets even more interesting.

Also playing Alice: Madness Returns on PC - it's no where near as immersive as the original Alice but still pretty fun.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

TRIBES!!!!!!! So glad to have Tribes back in my life again. I don't have that problem Max, weird. Good games. I typed talked to you about as much I could without interrupting my fun. Big fan of voice chat over having to type while playing. You were up there at the top of the scoreboard in every Team Deathmatch I saw. I just got 18 kills 1 death in CTF during a full game, gave me the "classic" killing spree super rager award or whatever.

ya that was so much fun im using this path finder class u get shot gun and light rocket launcher blade thing and also more speed (mobility) its my fav and i got like so much xp and a whole bunch of upgrades i cant wait 2 get new maps funnest game EVER

Guest Enter a new display name

I beat Shadow Of The Colossus and it is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Seriously.

Still can't get nwn2 running well.... but I'm told its a common issue for the game to run choppy on vista/7 and there's not much to be done.... Amy insight from you pc people would be awesome.

Portal 2

Uncharted series

LBP

I really don't like LBP. It is far too casual, i mean, the graphics are charming, but the gameplay just gets old and feels kind of shallow. It is meant to be a playground for creation, which, if you are into that kind of thing, can be cool, but if you are just looking to play I would recommend demoing it first (i think there is a demo...). It doesn't get much more interesting gameplay-wise than the demo. Some people really like it though.

My favorite games that I have, in addition to the ones you mentioned are:

-dead space

-god of war 3

-batman arkham asylum and arkham city

-metal gear solid 4

-heavy rain(If you have a nice/big HD set this game is amazing)

-infamous(the first one)

-assassin's creed 2(mindblowing and magical, there is a reason it is popular, not very replayable IMO)

-bioshock

-demon's souls

-limbo

but yeah, portal 2 and uncharted games will keep you busy for a little while.

slap

Japan just seems behind where the taste of the current video game player is and they've been behind for many years now. Things have changed but Japanese game developers apprantly haven't noticed that yet.

Another zombie game.....

I'm actually looking forward to it, though I was hoping it would be something other than reanimated/infected people of some sort.

Portal 2

Uncharted series

LBP

I really don't like LBP. It is far too casual, i mean, the graphics are charming, but the gameplay just gets old and feels kind of shallow. It is meant to be a playground for creation, which, if you are into that kind of thing, can be cool, but if you are just looking to play I would recommend demoing it first (i think there is a demo...). It doesn't get much more interesting gameplay-wise than the demo. Some people really like it though.

My favorite games that I have, in addition to the ones you mentioned are:

-dead space

-god of war 3

-batman arkham asylum and arkham city

-metal gear solid 4

-heavy rain(If you have a nice/big HD set this game is amazing)

-infamous(the first one)

-assassin's creed 2(mindblowing and magical, there is a reason it is popular, not very replayable IMO)

-bioshock

-demon's souls

-limbo

but yeah, portal 2 and uncharted games will keep you busy for a little while.

Nice list, thanks! I'd totally forgotten about Bioshock.

This is a copurchase with my gf, and LBP is more for her.

if you've got a girl to play it with then it is totally worth it.

[youtubehd]McHbEPDfpzs[/youtubehd]

No, Hideo. It looks terrible.

Also, the Mass Effect 3 gameplay trailer didn't look too compelling.

to be fair, Hideo didn't direct this game at all. He sat in the background, the team was totally independent. Hideo is going to be directing metal gear solid 5 though.

Archived