IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, both are excellent. You might want to play Dark Souls first because it still has a lot of online activity, might be heavily diminished in a few months (like it was for Demons Souls.)

I sold the game after doing the library. I accomplished everything I wanted (killing Seathe, joining Chaos Covenant and getting the dragon head from the Dragon covenant), and the Tomb of the Giants can go fuck itself.

I don't think it works anymore, but I got thru that entire area by using the Light Sorcery spell + Crystal Ring Shield. I could get close enough to use the shield without them aggro'ing me, and everything died in 1 hit. Almost comically easy.

I heard they nerfed the Crystal Ring Shield since then however.

I'm looking to get hold of Demons/Dark Souls. Is it worth getting Demons Souls first and then getting the 2nd one??

The stories are unrelated.

Disgaaaay

Super Meat Boy!

pah.

SMB is gold, btw. i loved the everlasting shit out of that game, supersmooth hispeed platforming. did most of the Dark World but eventually gave up on it. then months later i got the PC version and played thru all of that too, so good, so good.

Guys in Dark Souls I'm stuck at the place where you get the lava shoes and their are big giant dudes.

Any advice on how to get through that?

Also I've yet to do that really dark area with giant dues cause it is really tough.

So basically I haven't played the game in months because I'm stuck.

Any advice for someone who is at that point in the game?

The Demon's Ruins... You mean the ring that allows you to walk on the lava after you kill the Ceaseless Discharge?

Should be noted if you join the Chaos Covenant and sacrifice 30 humanity to the spider chick, you get a shortcut that lets you bypass that area entirely.

I think I've given her like 4... I get somewhat far but get stuck because I don't see any other path and it isn't like you can roam around freely. You die.... From giant things feet.

I really want to play but this really prevents me.

For those demons, it's best to pick them off one by one from a distance with a bow - when they run over, use the ruins by the bonfire as shelter and move in to hack at their legs, while avoiding getting stomped.

about 5-6 hours into ME2....and its a great game....but I don't get the "revolutionary" hype attached to it....its basically an incredibly streamlined and improved KOTOR...almost exact same rpg style...practically the same storyline in parts....curing an alien plague in the underworld of a sludgy space city? Taris ftw?

Don't get me wrong, Im liking it a lot.

so apparently you get get up to Lvl 30.....but the skill trees look particularly small...do you still lvl up stuff that im not aware of in small increments ? like hp goes up 10 pts, or strength goes up 1%? or does it all have to be mechanically done via upgrades?

ok just got done that heist stage and started up the krogan planet stage....this game is getting pretty fucking awesome now that im getting the hang of real-time orders.

no matter what game uses it, I never get tired of the time distortion quick-pop-up-from-cover-and-headshot-someone deal. Im a sucker for the slow headshot....also its funny to hear Archangel yell "NICE SHOOTING" in slow-mo.

i think im about halfway through ME2....i have question:

how much mineral do you really need to mine from planets? ive already upgraded like 28 things and still have 100k or more of each element (save for Eezo)...and it looks like this game has more or less a finite credit system so i dont wanna waste too many of them on probes...so am I good?

i think im about halfway through ME2....i have question:

how much mineral do you really need to mine from planets? ive already upgraded like 28 things and still have 100k or more of each element (save for Eezo)...and it looks like this game has more or less a finite credit system so i dont wanna waste too many of them on probes...so am I good?

Mine, upgrade. Wait for new upgrades and then mine again. It's a meta game. I completely forgot about mining the first time I played ME2 but the second time around I mined each and every planet like a son of a bitch which really helped me since I was playing on hard.

ok this sucks its so boring i can stand the style of dying over and over in a game like LIMBO because its a really interesting game and its fun to play but this just sucks lol and its boring i dont like the controls i dont like how slippery it is i see why some ppl like it but i think it sucks imo. isaac is way better

Tried playing this properly at the weekend (I used to play it about 20 years ago with an invincibility cheat turned on) - It makes that vertical corridor section in VVVVVV (Veni Vidi Vici) seem about as hard as the credits level on Flow by comparison):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyDCti2XAc

Guest bitroast

Sonic CD for psn/xbox looks amazing.

like, so much better than Sonic 4/Sonic Generations. old school sonic levels that will be new and fresh:):):)

Tried playing this properly at the weekend (I used to play it about 20 years ago with an invincibility cheat turned on) - It makes that vertical corridor section in VVVVVV (Veni Vidi Vici) seem about as hard as the credits level on Flow by comparison):

that is one of the coolest nes soundtracks ive ever heard!

that is one of the coolest nes soundtracks ive ever heard!

c64, my brother. soundtrack by rob hubbard.

Archived