IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

SCP-087 and SCP-087-B are different.

B has corridors instead of stairs and yeah it's sort of an interactive screensaver if you're being cynical. But if you want a short, scary experience then give it a go. It doesn't end at a set point like the staircase one.

It's like a 5meg download or something.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comparisons with Amnesia come from the first person gameplay where you can't fight your enemy and the game relies on suspense.

i wasn't trying to be cynical, it's a great concept for a game. one of my favourite parts of the entire silent hill series is in silent hill 2 when you walk down these long, seemingly never ending stairs, with the background ambience gradually getting louder and louder. that's how i remember it anyway. so yeah, i was just wondering if that's all there was or if i was missing something.

The comparisons with Amnesia come from the first person gameplay where you can't fight your enemy and the game relies on suspense.

yeah but amnesia is all about actively hiding, and avoiding the monster guy etc. all you have to do in the scp games is hold the w-key for a couple of minutes.

well whatever, it's a cool game/idea anyway.

Just finished playing Sonic Generations. I know the previous many Sonic games have gotten shitty reviews but omfg this one is amaaaazing! If you ever considered yourself a Sonic fan, then you owe it to your nostalgic side to play this fucking game. Sooooo good. Also there's music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5f63vQ_eSg

not all of the music is this good though, most of it is pretty good but there are a few cringey J-pop boy band songs which make me want to carve my skull open, thankfully you can replace the music in-game.

Shit this looks good.

but that ^ looks good too.

Unfortunately this really seems to be the consensus with the appeal of so many games nowadays (my housemate seems blinded by this as well, even though vast swathes of his games seem to consist solely of the mechanic 'press A to not die' rather than actual gameplay). It may well be my [oh-so-pretentious] indie sensibilities but these hi-def, uber detailed textures and general graphics in games nowadays really do nothing for me. In my mind Dragon's Lair back in (googles it) 1983 should've been the water mark in games that states that games at no point should be judged on their visuals alone - gameplay is king and the rest can take a back seat.

(though this is coming from a person who deems usage of a third dimension in a game to be somewhat of an extravagance)

Me too. Lots of fun but saving money for voice acting and character modeling was a very bad idea which almost completely ruins the story imo.

Guest Sprigg

Me too. Lots of fun but saving money for voice acting and character modeling was a very bad idea which almost completely ruins the story imo.

I'd rather have a great game with a so so story than a game that's mediocre on all fronts (amalur).

How is amalur mediocre? I mean it's ok if you don't like it but both story and gameplay are one of the best things those types of rpg have ever seen. Borderlands is still really fun as a shooter. And the story is not bad, I like it, it's just told very poorly.

Guest Enter a new display name

Now playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I have been shitting my pants since the beginning but the game is too easy (I chose Normal difficulty).

holy shit i just spooged....i wanted an AC set in the 18th Century soooo badly...

I personally don't understand the hate for AC, the gameplay mechanics are incredibly smooth (although I guess the missions can be repetitive)....personally I sometimes play it just to hop around buildings...collect that one obscure feather that I missed, etc.

Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played.

Now I'm playing Morrowind. I played it briefly about 6-7 years ago, but now I'm actually getting into it, and I love it. I'm playing it in lieu of not being able to run either Oblivion or Skyrim (although I've seen many say that Morrowind is superior to Oblvivion anyway).

Guest viscosity

Yes, everyone should play Portal and its sequel.

wanting to play something a bit different then most of the rehashes that we get annually. might give LA Noire a playthrough. I hope it's not too much of a GTA rip

also Alan Wake was just released for PC. played it a bit on 360 and looking to play some survival horror

Now playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I have been shitting my pants since the beginning but the game is too easy (I chose Normal difficulty).

Did you play 1-3? I find #4 is the perfect ending to that story series, loved it!

Guest ansgaria

Same here. Almost done. Almost a perfect game.

Once in a while I sit down and just play through every game chronologically. It just keeps getting better and better.

I wish I could play through MGS1, my absolute favorite, but for some reason I can't buy it through PSN. I've got a copy of that and Special Missions. Such a shame it's going to waste.

Oh, and I didn't care much to play through Peace Walker this time around. It just doesn't seem like a game in the proper MGS spirit.

playing spiral knights a lot atm

i gave up on spiral knights when i figured out they geared it so it takes for-fucking-ever to get anywhere (say, past tier 3 gear) without spending actual money.

also Alan Wake was just released for PC. played it a bit on 360 and looking to play some survival horror

Alan Wake is a survival horror as much as The Suffering was a survival horror. As in it's not.. It's an action game, a third person shooter really.

I was so disappointed by Alan Wake actually. Fantastic graphics and atmosphere, marred heavily by repetitive gameplay and kinda weak writing.

Archived