IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see. I'm not a fan of Tekken.

no?! That's alright. I always liked the complex moves you could do. I think ssf4 did a good job of making the special moves harder to do than previous iterations of the game. =)

We'll see. I'm not a fan of Tekken.

Same, plus Street Fighter x Tekken has some stupid as hell design decisions.

http://shoryuken.com...infinite-combo/

This shit being one of the more obvious,

ya that is pretty stupid design =/

So is Deus Ex really as good as everyone says it is? Which one should I play?

Play the first game, skip the second its a pile of shit, just play HR instead, its pretty good.

Mass Effect 2 on Insanity is really frustrating at times. I get so pissed off as it seems impossible at parts. Then I get past the impossible part somehow and relief washes over me. It's a good feeling. Missions take a lot longer of coarse, so I probably wont be finishing it until the end of next week or so.

Picked up Final Fantasy XIII-2 to play once the platinum trophy pops for ME2.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Just started playing Treasure Adventure Game. Even though it has a horribly uninspired name, it's actually a really tight and well made game. Definitely one of the best freeware games I've played in ages.

Anyone else playing Journey? Unbelievable game.

Done with it (had to beat it about 4 times to get all the trophies and decorate my cloak fully (still can't get the white cloak I see some people with). Great experience, but a bit short. I had hoped for a persistent, ongoing, evolving world, not a 20+ minute Journey to God.

The thing is though, it's not a game that's just 'done' to completion in any conventional sense - It's more an hour's experience that is played over and over like re-watching a great film or re-reading a book. The same criticisms are thrown at things like Dear Esther (and to a lesser extent Rez / Child of Eden): Yes the time from hitting start to reaching the end credits is much less than that of the current generation of 'traditional' games, but citing brevity as a flaw is somewhat overlooking the intended nature of the game.

I'm not slighting it on it's brevity, per se - I had just hoped with the online component, there would be more of a persistent world. You really can't go back once you've completed an area, and while you can spend ages wandering around in an area, discovering things, running into other players occasionally - it still moves you towards the goal, and thus hastening the experience. I guess I expected something different, but I still enjoyed the game immensly.

Yeah I was kinda bummed that it was so short, but according to thatgamecompany, the game uses up all of the PS3's resources. People were requesting a screenshot feature and they said that wasn't even feasible. I guess it couldn't have been any longer.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

LOL, just because they squeezed all of the juice out of the PS3's CPU, RAM and GPU doesn't mean they couldn't have got more juice if they spent another few months strictly on optimization... the PS3 is notoriously difficult to optimize because of it's overly complex architecture. BESIDE THE POINT. The game could be longer if they spent more time on it because CPU, RAM and GPU is not a limiting factor on the size of a game, that dependent storage (hard drive/blu ray/dvd/cd/flash drive etc.)

*that's dependent on storage*

LOL, just because they squeezed all of the juice out of the PS3's CPU, RAM and GPU doesn't mean they couldn't have got more juice if they spent another few months strictly on optimization... the PS3 is notoriously difficult to optimize because of it's overly complex architecture. BESIDE THE POINT. The game could be longer if they spent more time on it because CPU, RAM and GPU is not a limiting factor on the size of a game, that dependent storage (hard drive/blu ray/dvd/cd/flash drive etc.)

No, because the whole game has to be loaded into ram when you first load it.

my god I need to pry myself away from the crack that is Skyrim.

downloading two old classics from oldgames.com:

Lords of Magic

Lords of the Realm II

Sierra ftw!

Guest Enter a new display name

It must be one of the annoying bosses I have ever faced in a video game! It might be against my principles, but I "cheated" by using save/load state on my emulator so I didn't have to start over every single time I fell into the pit. I must have loaded my game to the beginning of the combat at least 30-40 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WzC-6N0GxM

I don't understand how the PS3 can have such a low frame rate with such high processing power. The OS must suck pretty bad.

depends on the game. There isn't much of an OS overhead at all, and there shouldn't be, it is a game console. There is a single core reserved for the background services like network and save-games and global settings and such, but the rest of the resource management is wholly dependent on the way the game is programmed. The OS doesn't have to do any scheduling or memory management because there is a defined sandbox of resources for the game to use, you cannot run multiple games/services simultaneously. The real issue is in the unconventional hardware. There are definitely some ps3 games with framerate but this is usually because the developer does a crude job of porting it. Most exclusives look/play very nicely.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

No, because the whole game has to be loaded into ram when you first load it.

Well if they did that then they are behind the times, tons of games with huge maps/lots of textures are starting to use streaming and searching in their engines so they can only pull the data that's necessary when it's actually needed. I can understand how they didn't want any loading in their game once you're in, but they could have worked around the limit if they worked hard enough, implemented smarter technology.

So I just bought the original megaman collection for the GameCube, all 10 original games. Was super pumped about it.

Come to find out they rearranged the jump and shoot buttons from what they were originally and from what makes complete sense

Gonna have to return it in the next few days. Sucks cause I was really excited to play it

Mass Effect 2 on Insanity is really frustrating at times. I get so pissed off as it seems impossible at parts. Then I get past the impossible part somehow and relief washes over me. It's a good feeling. Missions take a lot longer of coarse, so I probably wont be finishing it until the end of next week or so.

Picked up Final Fantasy XIII-2 to play once the platinum trophy pops for ME2.

I'm planning to do insanity playtrough sometime too. Mass Effect 3 on insanity was dissappointingly easy though. Overall I died not more than 5 times in the whole game, is that insanity?

Guest Enter a new display name

So I just bought the original megaman collection for the GameCube, all 10 original games. Was super pumped about it.

Come to find out they rearranged the jump and shoot buttons from what they were originally and from what makes complete sense

Gonna have to return it in the next few days. Sucks cause I was really excited to play it

What do you mean?

Guest AcrossCanyons

http://www.playalterego.com/alterego

got to old age and died alone in a car crash with no family last night. started a new play with my girlfriend today, so far so good, not addicted to drugs or feeling suicidal, although our mother just died of cancer :(

just died

That's the spirit! I'm sure you will be quite pleased with whatever you purchase.

On the way to the store, you feel yourself alternating between feeling refreshed from the cool outside air, and dizzy. You stop and rest every few minutes, regain your composure, then move along.

The last thing you remember is a crowd of people gathering around you on a street corner. For some reason, you are looking up into the sky. It is clear and bright blue. You feel very peaceful. How nice it would have been if you could have said good-bye.

what a beautiful death. ;_;

Guest cult fiction

Silent Hill Downpour is... surprisingly awesome.

Beware, hugely controversial statement ahead:

It's much better than Alan Wake.

What do you mean?

I'm saying that the jump button is the shoot button and the shoot button is the jump button

I'm not even going to play any new Silent Hill games. The last one I played was Homecoming and it was pretty shite.

Nothing can compare to 2 or 3. Best fucking games ever.

SKYRIM!!! Yeah, this game is amazing. I'm a level 5 Dark Elf. I have a feeling my sex life is going to dip dramatically.

I just SPLURGED like crazy and bought a PS3 this weekend. Any suggestions for any games that would appeal to a 7 year old girl? She's not OVERLY girly, but not overly tomboy-ish either.

Archived