IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like racing sims are a bit like fighting games. You have to invest some time into becoming proficient enough to keep up with everyone else. When that happens, online races are the bees knees. When I was younger I played a lot of Gran Turismo; smoking weed with friends and running half hour long races against each other on this in cheap cars;

gt43.jpg

The seats were left overs from the track cars they were building.

I left for university, they stayed back and would eventually participate in a lot of track events. Being poor, I switched to the PC sims. To be honest, I didn't try IRacing. I know it's one of the, if not best racing sims. I did play GTR but was never a big fan, the car selection was too limited. My home was Live for Speed. Great physics foundation, thriving community, only problem was the graphics were complete shit but that's ok. I don't play any more, but thinking back now I miss a lot of it.

I beat Dungeon Siege 3. It turned out to be pretty good. Definitely not up there with the best RPGs, but it was fun.

I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time to fill the gap between now and Tuesday, when Dragons Dogma is released. I cannot wait for DD, it looks amazing. The demo was great too. Should be quite fun.

I feel like racing sims are a bit like fighting games. You have to invest some time into becoming proficient enough to keep up with everyone else. When that happens, online races are the bees knees. When I was younger I played a lot of Gran Turismo; smoking weed with friends and running half hour long races against each other on this in cheap cars;

gt43.jpg

I left for university, they stayed back and would eventually participate in a lot of track events. Being poor, I switched to the PC sims. To be honest, I didn't try IRacing. I know it's one of the, if not best racing sims. I did play GTR but was never a big fan, the car selection was too limited. My home was Live for Speed. Great physics foundation, thriving community, only problem was the graphics were complete shit but that's ok. I don't play any more, but thinking back now I miss a lot of it.

Orubsarot?

Guest cult fiction

I beat Dungeon Siege 3. It turned out to be pretty good. Definitely not up there with the best RPGs, but it was fun.

I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time to fill the gap between now and Tuesday, when Dragons Dogma is released. I cannot wait for DD, it looks amazing. The demo was great too. Should be quite fun.

Diablo 3 has been fairly disappointing, so I'm super pumped for Dragon's Dogma as well!

gt43.jpg

Orubsarot?

ahh he had a nice rig as well eh!

GTR was okay, i loved the sht out of Richard Burns Rally though, which had some excellent mods made years after it'd been released.

bunch of ubisoft games on sale on ps3, with ps+ i got %50 off. got the prince of persia hd trilogy, far cry 2 complete edition, outland, beyond good and evil. sooo cheap and awesome.

I know I'm late to the party but I just got into Minecraft, which quite frankly is amazing. Playing it with a bunch of friends, I'm getting more and more addicted and seeing more and more the world as cubes.

I'm quite the selective gamer but seeing as i rarely have time to play i choose pretty bad games to

get hooked to. Is anyone playing Day Z? If so, PM me and lets start a watmm bandit gang or something.

This game is fucking terrifying to play on your own, much more so than any other game i've ever played.

Day Z is a mod for Arma2+OA: http://dayzmod.com/

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Anyone here playing Xenoblade? No idea how much people around here care for JRPGs but this ones quite a lot of fun

It looks like a great JRPG until the 480p visuals set in... urgh.

I think I'll download the PixelJunk 4AM beta and see if I can make music with the Move controllers.

First time I've heard about that game. The concept sounded good but the trailer really hasn't filled me with much confidence, seems like you just fart about adding extra noises to a background beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGTTVo_6S8M

The worrying thing is that even in the trailer the guy fails to bring in any of the sounds and effects with any kind of timing...

Yeah, I felt the same way, but this is Q Games/PixelJunk we're talking about, so hopefully this is more than just an interesting experiment.

yeah i just can't get excited for this game. a HUGE fan of their games. just started sidescroller which is FUN but not essential like their other games were. too similar to shooter

You do know that Sidescroller was inspired by a demo level they did for Shooter (and that appears at the very end of the game, once you meet certain conditions), right?

Sidescroller might be there best game yet IMO - it's very deep, and very hard (especially on the hard difficulty).

And, the music is excellent (and why shouldn't it be - it's by part of the Orb!)

hhhm I don't remember the demo at the end of shooter. did complete it though. maybe didnt meet the conditions.

best yet? whilst it's fun I can't agree with you on that. the music is excellent i agree there.

Argh! Still haven't tried out 4AM - downloaded the demo, but have yet to charge the Move controllers to play it...

Did try Rock of Ages though (free with PSN+ subscription) - that's a surprisingly addictive and funny tower defense-ish game - the humour is very Monty Python like, especially in how the characters in the cut scenes are animated. It's also on XBOX Live:

I'm quite the selective gamer but seeing as i rarely have time to play i choose pretty bad games to

get hooked to. Is anyone playing Day Z? If so, PM me and lets start a watmm bandit gang or something.

This game is fucking terrifying to play on your own, much more so than any other game i've ever played.

yeah played a bit until it got real dark this afternoon, very nice. encountered a stack of zombies and we (me and some other survivors) gunned em down, nice fellows gave me some ammo and good gear. would be great to have a watmm party heading out, but the problem is that if you don't spawn in the same general area you have to walk for a long long way for a meetup. map is huge!

Argh! Still haven't tried out 4AM - downloaded the demo, but have yet to charge the Move controllers to play it...

Did try Rock of Ages though (free with PSN+ subscription) - that's a surprisingly addictive and funny tower defense-ish game - the humour is very Monty Python like, especially in how the characters in the cut scenes are animated. It's also on XBOX Live:

[media=]

[/media]

Yep, bought it when it came out. Unfortunately, it's the same music in every single level and it's way too easy. Multiplayer is fun though.

yeah played a bit until it got real dark this afternoon, very nice. encountered a stack of zombies and we (me and some other survivors) gunned em down, nice fellows gave me some ammo and good gear. would be great to have a watmm party heading out, but the problem is that if you don't spawn in the same general area you have to walk for a long long way for a meetup. map is huge!

Thats just part of the challenge! Although it helps if you know your way around Chernarus beforehand. I'm going to put WATMM before my handle and if anyone spots me in the lobby/player list, give me a shout.

man I just played some more, died about 6 times.. really cool game if you stay alive and find some people to tag along with.... so weird, there was this guy sneaking around, I could hear him fire shots in the distance, saw flares dying out, but couldn't find him.

would be cool to see some known faces you can sort of trust. will put up a tag as well... going to play a bit in the morning, bit more noob friendly time I am guessing :)

Oh my fucking god how can they make such a terrible sequel. I'm trying to play prince of persia warrior within and basically everything about it is done completely wrong. Damn disappointing. Almost want to skip it and see if the two thrones is better?

Archived