IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Oh my fucking god how can they make such a terrible sequel. I'm trying to play prince of persia warrior within and basically everything about it is done completely wrong. Damn disappointing. Almost want to skip it and see if the two thrones is better?

Warrior Within is the one where he went from having a beautiful English accent to being a unsufferable cunt who calls everyone 'bitch', right? I wonder who in their right mind thought that would be a good idea?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

I'm quite the selective gamer but seeing as i rarely have time to play i choose pretty bad games to

get hooked to. Is anyone playing Day Z? If so, PM me and lets start a watmm bandit gang or something.

This game is fucking terrifying to play on your own, much more so than any other game i've ever played.

Day Z is a mod for Arma2+OA: http://dayzmod.com/

yeah played a bit until it got real dark this afternoon, very nice. encountered a stack of zombies and we (me and some other survivors) gunned em down, nice fellows gave me some ammo and good gear. would be great to have a watmm party heading out, but the problem is that if you don't spawn in the same general area you have to walk for a long long way for a meetup. map is huge!

I've been checking it out since the weekend. It's a great mod, but you really can't trust anyone. I spent 15mins trapped in the first floor of a building in Cherno last night, must have dropped about 20 zombies before I got up the courage to escape. Was chased by 10 undead, somehow managed to scrape my way up a crane at the docks. Some guy on the direct comms asked who was firing shots, said it was me and where I was. A few minutes later, zombies are being shot below me, but I can't see the shooter. Next thing I know, I'm the one shot dead - and in the chat window? "Oh dear! you died :)" Be warned, there are some real nasty pieces of work out there! Oh, and here's a cheery scene I stumbled across yesterday:

pecIL.jpg

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Haha, god damn I wanna play Day Z with some peeps. I will probably wait a few months for it to be patched more and hope that it will be a more polished experience by then.

Well, do you guys think it's buggy enough that it affects the gameplay experience? Should I wait for some patches or buy it now? Give it to me straight doggies.

The main issue right now is the AI pathfinding. The fast zombies are very hard to hit because they zigzag all over the place. Bohemia would have to fix this, which they might.

And ofcourse the servers are still very unstable.

I'm going to wait for it to mature a bit before I play again.

Haha, god damn I wanna play Day Z with some peeps. I will probably wait a few months for it to be patched more and hope that it will be a more polished experience by then.

Well, do you guys think it's buggy enough that it affects the gameplay experience? Should I wait for some patches or buy it now? Give it to me straight doggies.

I'm used to the bugginess of the original game so i can't really tell, but i've had lots of fun with it so far. I guess you'll just have to learn the kinks of the system so you won't get annoyed with them. Deer stand ladders, for example, seem to cause people to fall off of them if the player has a gun equipped instead of a rifle. But you get used to it.

I'm quite the selective gamer but seeing as i rarely have time to play i choose pretty bad games to

get hooked to. Is anyone playing Day Z? If so, PM me and lets start a watmm bandit gang or something.

This game is fucking terrifying to play on your own, much more so than any other game i've ever played.

Day Z is a mod for Arma2+OA: http://dayzmod.com/

yeah played a bit until it got real dark this afternoon, very nice. encountered a stack of zombies and we (me and some other survivors) gunned em down, nice fellows gave me some ammo and good gear. would be great to have a watmm party heading out, but the problem is that if you don't spawn in the same general area you have to walk for a long long way for a meetup. map is huge!

I've been checking it out since the weekend. It's a great mod, but you really can't trust anyone. I spent 15mins trapped in the first floor of a building in Cherno last night, must have dropped about 20 zombies before I got up the courage to escape. Was chased by 10 undead, somehow managed to scrape my way up a crane at the docks. Some guy on the direct comms asked who was firing shots, said it was me and where I was. A few minutes later, zombies are being shot below me, but I can't see the shooter. Next thing I know, I'm the one shot dead - and in the chat window? "Oh dear! you died :)" Be warned, there are some real nasty pieces of work out there! Oh, and here's a cheery scene I stumbled across yesterday:

pecIL.jpg

Holy fuck! That's a video game??? Looks fucking real! I play waaay too much retro.

Guest cult fiction

Dragon's Dogma is awesome! I'm not very far into the game yet, but I love it so far. The boss battles are epic.

Going to pick this up tonight but still not sure which version to get.

Keeping hearing conflicting reports of whether PS3 or Xbox is better.

For instance, this site http://ps360.ldblog....s/53618921.html claims the 360 gets a substantially better framerate;

360 Avg:28.014fps Min-Max:23.0-30.0fps Tear:27.391%(27.391%)

PS3 Avg:23.512fps Min-Max:18.0-30.5fps Tear:0.000%(0.000%)

However, vsync is off on Xbox so that could account for the entirety of that difference.

Also, IGN claims more pop-in and streaming issues on Xbox, but some gamefaqs users report significantly faster loading.

I think the v-sync tearing would be more distracting than an occasional loss of 5fps. Does it have an install option? That might speed up loading on PS3 (if there is indeed load time issues).

Oh my fucking god how can they make such a terrible sequel. I'm trying to play prince of persia warrior within and basically everything about it is done completely wrong. Damn disappointing. Almost want to skip it and see if the two thrones is better?

Warrior Within is the one where he went from having a beautiful English accent to being a unsufferable cunt who calls everyone 'bitch', right? I wonder who in their right mind thought that would be a good idea?

Yeah. What I don't understand is how it seems to have better scores and better reviews than the first one. I mean maybe I haven't given it a chance, but so far it seems like it is really unpolished. Like they took prince of persia sands of time and modded it to have dual weapons and lame guitar riffs. then put in some really unpolished fights and traps and puzzles. Or maybe the port to ps3 is just bad. I gave up after I had yet another tedious fight while following that stupid short haired lady whose ass is constantly being zoomed into by the camera.

Guest mafted

still sludging through the end of Far Cry (pc) as it is a clusterfuck of an ending.. but i kind of like the challenge of it as long as i don't get too pissed. it's pretty hellish though. one of the best fps's tho, no doubt.

still sludging through the end of Far Cry (pc) as it is a clusterfuck of an ending.. but i kind of like the challenge of it as long as i don't get too pissed. it's pretty hellish though. one of the best fps's tho, no doubt.

The first Far Cry? Yeah, that game never ends. Just as you think you've finished the game a new level loads.

Guest mafted

The first Far Cry? Yeah, that game never ends. Just as you think you've finished the game a new level loads.

lol very true.. tho i'm not sure this volcano shit is worth going through.. esp since Crytek admitted there was no design to it. they had to compete with HL2 so they released it too soon, basically. aaghh

RBR is still the most accurate rally sim on the market. There is none that can match it for that aspect of racing.

Took me almost a month before I was confident that I could finish some of the harder tracks without crashing in RBR. Amazing game.

Dark Souls...Painted World of Amaris.

In related news... Atlus has said they are going to keep the Demon's Souls servers running as long as they can (they previously said they were going to shut them down at the end of May)

Due to the massive indie game sale on at the moment (http://www.becausewemay.com/index.html), I've finally got hold of the games I've been meaning to get for ages - Super Meat Boy, Braid, The Binding of Isaac and World of Goo. Braid I'm gonna have to be really careful with playing at night as it seems exactly the sort of game mechanic that can stick in your brain and lead to insanely complicated feverish dreams.

250px-MDK2_Packshot.jpeg

YES, still good and still fkin hard

Stalker is buggy as hell but it sure has its moments. First encounter with a radiation storm/blowout was pretty awesome.

there's this huge mod/total makeover for Stalker 1... i cant remember the name, Paradise Lost or something?

played thru that twice and still reckon it's the best singleplayer fps ever made.

question...i know i brought it up a while ago here, but does anyone here have the Silent Hill HD collection, and if so, how bad is it? Are they patching the problems?

I cannot telll you how fucking angry I am that they have apparently ruined this collection.

Successfully replaced the dried old batteries in my Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land 2 Game Boy cartridges today, will be beginning them soon!

Bought Fifa street today, got bored after 10 minutes, it just reminded me how much i love Fifa 12.

Is anybody playing the Game of Thrones video game ? is it any good? i'm going to return fifa street and buy GoT but the reviews are making me doubt.

Stalker is buggy as hell but it sure has its moments. First encounter with a radiation storm/blowout was pretty awesome.

there's this huge mod/total makeover for Stalker 1... i cant remember the name, Paradise Lost or something?

played thru that twice and still reckon it's the best singleplayer fps ever made.

this one?

I'm playing the OGSE mod. there's a crazy number of mods for Stalker out there.

those blowouts or "emissions" or whatever they're called are really something. best game scare I've had in a while. a simple but effective concept of terrifying a player with the fearsome nature of the world itself, as opposed to some contrived gameplay mechanism or whatever. being caught out in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJXesjCKxA

without knowing what's happening is scary as fuck, especially if you're running around in the rain and murk to begin with.

I tried the OGSE mod for a bit. I start without a gun and I can't see a thing since it's raining at a very early morning. I try to enter the camp next to the trader guy and they want to shoot me... also, now all speech except the dialogs seem to be in russian which only adds to the disorientation... I'm for a challenge but is it supposed to be like this?

Guest Enter a new display name

question...i know i brought it up a while ago here, but does anyone here have the Silent Hill HD collection, and if so, how bad is it? Are they patching the problems?

I cannot telll you how fucking angry I am that they have apparently ruined this collection.

http://exophase.com/41760/silent-hill-hd-collection-was-ported-from-beta-source-code/

Archived