IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest AcrossCanyons

Some less know N64 games I used to enjoy:

You should check out this game called Mischief Makers. Quite a weird a game. But I played it all the time when I was a kid. It used to be really fun.

Snowboard Kids. The name probably makes it sound really kiddy and stupid. And it kind of is, but it was an incredible fun game. It's basically Mario Kart with snowboards. I probably spent as much time with this game as I did with Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

Star Wars Episode I: Racer. not much to say. Just a great game at the time.

Mario Golf & Mario Tennis. Both very well know games. But not everyone gave them a chance, they are really fun games, and you don't have to like the two sports in order to enjoy them.

They are not the best games for the console and It's many years since I've played these games. So I'm not sure how they holding up today.

This guy knows what's up. Snowboard Kids and Mischief Makers were two of my favourite games on the N64 and I have great memories of both.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the GPU is a good one, and the only other game to ever do that before was oblivion (weird, i know).

i think the PSU is underpowered.

What's your computer's specs?

Some less know N64 games I used to enjoy:

You should check out this game called Mischief Makers. Quite a weird a game. But I played it all the time when I was a kid. It used to be really fun.

Snowboard Kids. The name probably makes it sound really kiddy and stupid. And it kind of is, but it was an incredible fun game. It's basically Mario Kart with snowboards. I probably spent as much time with this game as I did with Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

Star Wars Episode I: Racer. not much to say. Just a great game at the time.

Mario Golf & Mario Tennis. Both very well know games. But not everyone gave them a chance, they are really fun games, and you don't have to like the two sports in order to enjoy them.

They are not the best games for the console and It's many years since I've played these games. So I'm not sure how they holding up today.

This guy knows what's up. Snowboard Kids and Mischief Makers were two of my favourite games on the N64 and I have great memories of both.

20120607035837_auto.gif

the GPU is a good one, and the only other game to ever do that before was oblivion (weird, i know).

i think the PSU is underpowered.

What's your computer's specs?

XFX radeon HD 5770 (1GB)

Pentium D dual core, 2.8 Ghz

4 gigs ram

Do you know what sort of wattage the PSU is? I never really hear of problems caused by a PSU being unable to supply enough power, it's usually something along the lines of the CPU or GPU overheating. It's been awhile but I believe an overheating GPU will produce visual artefacts before going haywire.

You can use something like Speedfan to monitor your temperatures and warn you when you reach a certain threshold.

Well supported VR goggles coming soon?

Seems like it got a lot of industry support.

Completed the first episode of The Walking Dead. Best game I've played in months.

Only issue I have with it is that you don't really have time enough for choosing the dialogue options. I've hardly read all the possible answers before the time runs out. I like that it's there, it pressures you to go with your gut. But the time is too short.

Completed the first episode of The Walking Dead. Best game I've played in months.

Episode 2 is even better.

Did anyone try Deadlight yet, is it worth $15?

Apparently, it's not very good and extremely short.

I completed that one today aswell, really awesome. So excited for the third one!

Did anyone try Deadlight yet, is it worth $15?

It looks beautiful and has a great atmosphere, but your character controls pretty much like Prince of Persia 1989. It's not worth it, and I'm probably going to delete it later.

Guest Iain C

Only issue I have with it is that you don't really have time enough for choosing the dialogue options. I've hardly read all the possible answers before the time runs out. I like that it's there, it pressures you to go with your gut. But the time is too short.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes and I'm generally pretty sceptical of Telltale's output. Definitely the best thing they've done. Genuinely horrific in places - two especially. It's a stronger episode all round. I can't wait for episode 3... hope they can keep it up.

started playing the Dead Money expansion...man F:NV beats the pants off of FO3....its practically a survival horror game. The main enemies are pretty cool and creepy...vaguely remind me of Silent Hill creatures. The radio/collar aspect is annoying but pretty awesome at the same time...makes you think carefully about how to proceed.

I completed that one today aswell, really awesome. So excited for the third one!

Both episodes will be free for US (not sure about UK/ROW) PS+ subscribers this month. I can't wait to try them out.

vanilla civ 5, can anyone give me the lowdown on the DLC/expansion

i mean obvs gods and kings is gonna improve it and ill get it when the price is down but what about the other DLC i dont fancy spending 40quid unlocking the proper game god damn i hate this DLC shite (also pre-order bonus DLC and DLC thats already on the disc that youve got to unlock fucking computer gameS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Guest Frankie5fingers

vanilla civ 5, can anyone give me the lowdown on the DLC/expansion

i mean obvs gods and kings is gonna improve it and ill get it when the price is down but what about the other DLC i dont fancy spending 40quid unlocking the proper game god damn i hate this DLC shite (also pre-order bonus DLC and DLC thats already on the disc that youve got to unlock fucking computer gameS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

since we're on the topic of civ. i absolutely love civ 4. but i never got around to playing 5. if you, or anyone, could give me a comparison between the two would be great. its been one of those games where i say ill get it but then see something more worth while to buy.

i used to play civ 4 a bit, civ 5 seems pretty similar but looks a bit less like a spreadsheet (and its got hex tiles) also u cant make a big stack of rape anymore which is a shame

also u missed it goin for a fiver on steam recently . bargainn

Guest Frankie5fingers

i used to play civ 4 a bit, civ 5 seems pretty similar but looks a bit less like a spreadsheet (and its got hex tiles) also u cant make a big stack of rape anymore which is a shame

no more raping? damn. lol so im guessing that makes blitzkrieg-ing harder. so i take it combat is similar than? what about diplomacy and nation building? different, similar?

yea its all pretty similar as far as i can tell, i did mostly play civ4 stoned off my ass with my friend telling me what to do most of the time, this guy has p informative civ5 vids u mite wanna check out: www.youtube.com/user/MisterCiv5

Guest Frankie5fingers

yea its all pretty similar as far as i can tell, i did mostly play civ4 stoned off my ass with my friend telling me what to do most of the time, this guy has p informative civ5 vids u mite wanna check out: www.youtube.com/user/MisterCiv5

thanks man, i check it out

Just picked up a copy of the public beta of this:

http://www.visitproteus.com/

It's sort of like the island stages of the old BoC website, crossed with Skyrim if rendered on a 2600, crossed with A Slow Year, crossed with LSD: Dream Emulator

Not sure of the longevity of the replay value of it (in the current state anyway, though they do intend to keep adding more stuff) but it's sure nice for a little 15 minute diversion all the same.

Archived