IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest Frankie5fingers

they dumbed down the shit out of religions in civ 5. the hexagonal tiles are nice, but on the whole i'd say civ 4 is a better game.

oh really? damn, that was a huge part of the game. im surprised they would do that. but see thats what it looked like to me. that they focused more on a new look and feel than improving off 4. but i think ill still pick it up. i love just about all of Sid Meier's games.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's definitely a simpler game. but i'm a purist with the civs, i still play the first one a lot :)

i reeeeealllly want a modern remake of alpha centauri.

Fallout:new vegas with all the content updates is on sale at steam for $10. I have been holding out on this one for a while, But finally took the plunge.

I also have been playing command & conquer: tiberian alliances. Pretty fun free browser game, especially if you're a fan of the old c & c.

Fallout:new vegas with all the content updates is on sale at steam for $10. I have been holding out on this one for a while, But finally took the plunge.

I also have been playing command & conquer: tiberian alliances. Pretty fun free browser game, especially if you're a fan of the old c & c.

whhhattttt? its on sale again? man im tempted to get it but i have a feeling that my comp won't be able to handle it.

Guest AcrossCanyons

finishing up max payne 1. might have to get 2 and 3 after. pretty good fun despite being quite dated. also dark souls and minecraft.

Finally begining to tackle Skyrim... My first real experience with the Elder Scrolls series, I'm enjoying it so far, but holy crap there's so much to do sometimes I can't decide where to go!

Guest jasondonervan

Even though I've been conservative with modding Fallout 3 (mainly graphics/animation) I had been having major issues with crashing to desktop. After countless .ini amendments, it turned out that I all I really needed to do was begrudgingly dial the texture quality down a bit. Thankfully the higher res texture pack I'm using keeps things looking great, and it moves at a fine pace with zero lagging in built-up areas. I managed to play a solid three hours last night without a single CTD. I also inadvertently stumbled across Broken Steel while helping the Brotherhood to wipe out a bunch of Super Mutants/Centaurs - it's a very refreshing change to the main game.

Finally begining to tackle Skyrim... My first real experience with the Elder Scrolls series, I'm enjoying it so far, but holy crap there's so much to do sometimes I can't decide where to go!

just take your time and enjoy the sights and sounds! really is an amazing game.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Taking your time with the Skyrim is really good advice. I kinda rushed through it. I love it most during the first few days when I didn't use fast travel at all. Walk or buy a horse, DON'T USE FAST TRAVEL. It makes the game feel less like a huge, dynamic world to explore. Don't rush through the main story arc. Just take your time.

I actually just started playing Skyrim again a few days ago, got Dawngaurd and realized I had deleted my character a few days before that. Started fresh. I will not use fast travel this time. Hopefully Dawngaurd isn't as buggy as some peeps have been saying. Either way I'm fully enjoying this game again.

that's a good point, i always thought that fast travel in bethesda games was a really bad immersion breaker. though they still need to make the world much more dynamic because otherwise treading old paths will get tiresome.

i thought that Gothic games made it right, your character was not overpowered as in skyrim, there were areas you knew you couldn't go because of powerful monsters or whatever..obviously bethesda can't do it as they'll lose their console kiddies market if they make it more challenging.

Yeah I had been using fast travel for the first couple days I played, then realized there's big regions I hadn't wandered through yet. I stopped using it and started coming across all kinds of cool areas and little battles, which gets me a lot more enjoyment. The game really is beautiful at times, and very well scored. There have been moments where I've been wandering a hill and stop to look out and think "damn this game's world really is well realized"

that's a good point, i always thought that fast travel in bethesda games was a really bad immersion breaker. though they still need to make the world much more dynamic because otherwise treading old paths will get tiresome.

i thought that Gothic games made it right, your character was not overpowered as in skyrim, there were areas you knew you couldn't go because of powerful monsters or whatever..obviously bethesda can't do it as they'll lose their console kiddies market if they make it more challenging.

go into a Deathclaw or Cazador cave at any level below 15.

Guest jasondonervan
The game really is beautiful at times, and very well scored.

I got hold of the 4 disc soundtrack direct from the composer, it's brilliant - especially the fourth disc which is just one hour long ambient track of the background music when wandering, mixed subtly with environmental sounds.

74045.jpg

what i will hopefully be playing next year:

http://www.kickstart...eo-game-console

:w00t:

apologies if jazz

I have a feeling this will be ultimately underwhelming, considering it's built on an Android platform. I was really surprised SquareEnix threw support behind it with another rehash of Final Fantasy 3, unless they were planning an Android version already.

anyone psyched for Borderlands 2?

Probably my most anticipated game of the year.

I could not give a flying fuck about Borderlands. I watched two friends play it cooperatively and it was nothing but boring fighting and looting. I was bored out of my mind.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I think Borderlands and Bioshock Infinite might be the last Xbox games I buy. I see nothing else in 2013 on the horizon, except Aliens which I'm buying on Wii U.

what about Watch Dogs, Assassins creed 3, and the new Hitman? all look very good. and i can't wait for Borderlands 2. 1 was so much fun. very addicting.

Archived