IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I saw The King's Speech at the cinema last night. Ace film, and I expected to hate it (I don't typically go for the drama-type movies). Fantastic acting and casting, dialogue and plot were great. A near perfect film. The doctor had several lines that actually got me to laugh, and it seems like movies rarely do that nowadays for me.

10/10

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

thinking about cube some more i'm wondering if (after the end) the retarded kid suddenly lost his twitching and started walking normally, fade to credits, usual suspects kinda ending but then they scrapped it and left it ambiguous. or it was aliens or whatever.

came out 2 years after usual suspects....

black swan 10/10

i had ZERO interest in watching this movie, ever since portman did star wars ive seethed at her name, ballet doesn't interest me in the slightest and swan lake could go fucking die for all i care. BUT this movie is incredible, ive seen it 4 times now and every single time i am glued to the fucking screen, it wraps you up in her mind, their world and you can do nothing but care and feel every moment as if you were there right behind her shoulder, i adore this movie so much right now.

black swan 10/10

i had ZERO interest in watching this movie, ever since portman did star wars ive seethed at her name, ballet doesn't interest me in the slightest and swan lake could go fucking die for all i care. BUT this movie is incredible, ive seen it 4 times now and every single time i am glued to the fucking screen, it wraps you up in her mind, their world and you can do nothing but care and feel every moment as if you were there right behind her shoulder, i adore this movie so much right now.

this is how i feel about it. maybe i should give it a go.

black swan 10/10

felt the same way about it.

Irreversible 8/10 - I didn't enjoy this movie one bit, it was completely fucked up.. especially the rape scene was horrible.. and when that guy took the extinguisher to the other guys face.. holy shit.

Irreversible 8/10 - I didn't enjoy this movie one bit, it was completely fucked up.. especially the rape scene was horrible.. and when that guy took the extinguisher to the other guys face.. holy shit.

yet you gave it a what?

Irreversible 5/10 - a boring uneven rom com style movie filled with 2 'horrifying' scenes, one of rape and then one of a CGI face smash by a fire extinguisher, both of these scenes do not save the otherwise bad movie. Oh yeah and it has 'weird' camera angels, sick bro

Guest Fishtank

Beyond the Game - a complete waste of time/10

I'm a big Warcraft fan so I thought there would be SOMETHING interesting here but they don't even show the final battle between the 2 champions, they just show vague close ups and tears, fucking terrible

another year - 8/10 - it has the usual strengths of leigh films (well, compared to other 3 i've seen), actors feel like real people rather than made up characters, there are no contrivances and everything is very lifelike but with a clear purpose and without making it all look like a social documentary of some sorts. there are some instances where the dialogue seemed a bit artificial, and in some places it seemed like the subtleties are being showed off rather than integrated into the film. despite the non-story this is a strong, thoughtful and memorable drama.

Nice... happy to see a good response for Another Year; I recently watched Leigh's Happy-Go-Lucky and am really looking forward to it... the guy has yet to let me down.

A Serbian Film (uncut) 7/10 - I've seen some shit in my time but this really as pushed the envelope. Well made but maybe a bit too far for 'to far' sake with that scene imho. It will be a while until someone tops that for fucked upness even if the end did get a bit OTT.

Will people be looking at this film in 30yrs time like they do with The Exorcist today?

:unsure:

A Serbian Film (uncut) 7/10 - I've seen some shit in my time but this really as pushed the envelope. Well made but maybe a bit too far for 'to far' sake with that scene imho. It will be a while until someone tops that for fucked upness even if the end did get a bit OTT.

Will people be looking at this film in 30yrs time like they do with The Exorcist today?

:unsure:

i should probably go ahead and watch this. i have the cut version on my hard drive.. im curious to see how gross it actually is and a part of me wants to wait until i can find an uncut version..

im still convinced that, if made today, the exorcist could never be relesed by a major studio. i still find that masturbating with the cross scene to be incredibly vulgar and shocking.

black swan 10/10

this + kaen interview is :beer:

Guest disparaissant

watched the film adaptation of The Road after reading the book for the first time. they changed up the order of things, which kind of stunted the emotional impact of a few scenes, and a lot of the realy long drawn out awful "we are starving to death" scenes got compressed into like a minute, which was annoying, but otherwise, it was pretty good. i think i cried through the whole thing, though. christ almighty. bleak doesn't begin to describe it.

Archived