IGNORED

Autechre interviews

Aefx

56 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

Anybody bothered to figure out which release is he talking about? 

fals.ch archive is pretty well-documented and most of the 1999-2000 catalogue is up on bandcamp now, and i don't see anything suspicious of being Ae/Gescom in disguise. These artists are usually properly attributed and known by other activity no matter how half-assed/seemingly anonymous their aliases may look.

most likely this: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Falsch-02/release/410894

Also includes two programs: "mp3q" by Atau Tanaka (fb37), and "9Û5©03^.¶·5K70¸12i--) ..1`2`|||" by Gescom (fb38).

14 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

most likely this: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Falsch-02/release/410894

Also includes two programs: "mp3q" by Atau Tanaka (fb37), and "9Û5©03^.¶·5K70¸12i--) ..1`2`|||" by Gescom (fb38).

He's talking about a "first" (suggesting second) release 18-to-24 month prior to the interview which is from September of 2001. This one's catalogue number seem a bit off to that timeline, tho fb09 and fb15 are also missing in discogs list, so perhaps something was there as well

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... I must have had an excess of optimism in writing the post ... apparently the guy from fb initially talked about a translation, then retracted with a transcript (we would have found ourselves in the hands of the translator's algorithm, which would have done to the words of Ae what the Ae do with sound, but it would have already been something), and then leave no trace ... let's hope something happens, even if after all this time the shadow of defeat begins to be seriously dark...

8 hours ago, Draft78 said:

... I must have had an excess of optimism in writing the post ... apparently the guy from fb initially talked about a translation, then retracted with a transcript (we would have found ourselves in the hands of the translator's algorithm, which would have done to the words of Ae what the Ae do with sound, but it would have already been something), and then leave no trace ... let's hope something happens, even if after all this time the shadow of defeat begins to be seriously dark...

I could do the translating (if I saw a transcript, of course). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joseph said:

I could do the translating (if I saw a transcript, of course). 

good! thanks joseph! at this point it would be enough to have the scan of the magazine .. I will ask the guy if he can post at least that ...

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 8:34 AM, Draft78 said:

..he answered ?

"Scan upload soon. May be low qualty. Hold on. I promise"

Got zero faith at this point. When he started posting screen captures of time zone differences to explain his absence, I knew all was lost  : D

• Haha 2

in spite of any skepticism, we have the photos of all the pages ... but the curvature of the pages and the reflections of light have eaten away pieces of text ... more than an interview it has the thickness of an essay. For convenience I uploaded the pages here, but you can also find them in the thread on fb

https://we.tl/t-bQW08KkvVq

11 minutes ago, jules said:

What do they say about Radiohead?

sean says he actually felt quite honored by yorke's attention and that he liked ok computer at that time, but they pretended like they didn't give much of a fuck and proceeded to release some of their most unaccessible material like gantz graf, for which he apologizes.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

sean says he actually felt quite honored by yorke's attention and that he liked ok computer at that time, but they pretended like they didn't give much of a fuck and procceeded to release some of their most unaccessible material like gantz graf, for which he apologizes.

Lol, and also I don't know how well google translated this but if it's funny anyway:

BROWN «I remember listening to the opening track" Everything in Its Right Place "first. The piano at the beginning is good. The track is well produced. I thought "Idioteque" was even better. But both tracks contain mainly Aphex influences. Then I thought: finally tunes from Aphex Twin that have been worked on (laughs). That music had little to do with Autechre. »

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That Humo thing’s full of misquotes. Some of it’s prob just translation errors, or him not understanding the accent or getting words wrong but some is straight up not what we said at all and totally made up. Some of it’s the literal opposite of what we said. You should ask the journo to release the recording but he prob won’t do that.
It is funny though esp the bit about Radiohead, almost wish we’d actually said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 17