IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I don't understand the hate for oversteps/MOT. They're both fucking incredible and, IMO, represent huge leaps forward for Autechre. Quaristice has it's moments, but overall in terms of sound design etc Oversteps and MOT are incredible and I definitely understand the transition into Exai.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with those of you saying that Oversteps is their best. Exai basically rapes all previous releases with a razor blade condom and habanero pepper puree for lube.

Exai is it guys.

Oversteps is beautiful. But Exai is Autechre....?

• 4 weeks later...

ilanders, see on see, os veix3, d-sho qub and st epreo are some of Autechre's most beautiful tracks imo. Loves me some Oversteps. Exai has kind of a different vibe, I like listening to it but nothing is as beautiful as see on see

ilanders, see on see, os veix3, d-sho qub and st epreo are some of Autechre's most beautiful tracks imo. Loves me some Oversteps. Exai has kind of a different vibe, I like listening to it but nothing is as beautiful as see on see

I found "11 is" to be an extremely beautiful, if not eerie, track... It's haunting.

I get goosebumps every time.

Well I didn't start listening to Autechre in earnest until a few years ago. Maybe the immediacy of the melodies on Oversteps suits my tastes more. They're certainly amazingly talented in what they do. Quite a unique sound

Stinky and they make you cry?

and but tasty sometimes

wait no

I never

lol

is it normal to be able to tell what they had for dinner the night before?

Stinky and they make you cry?

and but tasty sometimes

wait no

I never

lol

is it normal to be able to tell what they had for dinner the night before?

totally naetural

sorry, this is gross. sean pls.

Edited by baph

I listened again yesterday for the first time in a while. Amazing as FUCK!

Hey, me too! While playing scrabble actually.

pt2ph8 has become one of my very favorite pieces of music - it makes me feel mentally stimulated but calm in a way that is just blissful. The calmer tracks on Oversteps really help me focus.