IGNORED

Tron Legacy soundtrack sample

BOCfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

Did any of you honestly expect a TRON sequel to not get a ton of CGI injected into it?

Nah you were the only one hip and savvy enough to call the CGI thing. Everyone else thought they were going to film on location inside a giant computer.

tron was a milestone in the use of computer graphics in film. i'd be disappointed if they didn't try max it out 2010 style -- it is, if anything, one thing hollywood still does well. really, tron came from the director seeing pong and wanting that aesthetic in a movie. no more pong, ipods/iphones are more relevant now, and that aesthetic is sterile white, high-tech blue LEDs. the teal/orange OD trend over the last few years is at least partially responsible, but i'm not sure what i would have done differently. should they have ripped off ghost in the shell like everyone else?

did you guys notice that its kind of weird to have a sequel to a movie that was based on how computer games looked like ages ago. they used the look but they did not take care about the way computer games did look like back then and instead just updated some new stuff that would have never been part of the original movie even if they had the possibilities to do it back then as its not part of the computer games it was inspired from.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Backson

oh, we just enjoy their music quite a bit and like to share our joy amongst ourselves for fun.

is that okay with you?

Cos we could just enter threads for stuff we already know we don't like and post one sentence comments if that would please you more.

oh, we just enjoy their music quite a bit and like to share our joy amongst ourselves for fun.

is that okay with you?

Cos we could just enter threads for stuff we already know we don't like and post one sentence comments if that would please you more.

well i had checked this thread out because i was hoping that they wouldn't go down the well beaten path of the same stuff they always do, you know, because this is supposed to be a soundtrack for a film and have some atmosphere.

why does everyone suck Daft Punk's collective cocks?

I don't know. Kids today are listening to Deadmau5 too. I think if you make a 4/4 beat and wear a groovy mask you can make money.

Guest Backson

is that okay with you?

well i had checked this thread out because i was hoping that they wouldn't go down the well beaten path of the same stuff they always do, you know, because this is supposed to be a soundtrack for a film and have some atmosphere.

a) a soundtrack isn't "supposed" to sound like anything

and b) this definitely isn't the same stuff they always do.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really hear Daft Punk in this, I said from the start, just because Daft Punk looks like Tron doesn't mean they would be the most adequate for doing the soundtrack, most tracks sound like a mix of Badalamenti and Vangelis but not nearly as good but then again who is? Not a bad OST on it's own, some tracks are really atmospheric.

Guest ruiagnelo

i am thinking about listening to the original soundtrack, by wendi carlos and then this new one, by DP. i am curious about the possible effect

gotta agree with vasio, Daft Punk might be too tron-esque, but their music for this OST sure doesn't sound that incredible.

love it. both as a soundtrack and a standalone album. also im extremely impressed by it, considering daft punk has been 99% upbeat dancemusic so far.

since the release i've read so many strange comments by people, like "don't bother with this one, if you're a true daft punk fan you will not enjoy it", and "this isn't daft punk, how am i supposed to dance to this?". just appreciate it for what it is damnit.

the only track on the whole album i don't really care for is "end titles".

would have been better if they didn't use an orchestra and instead went all synth.

I have to agree with this. The synth bits are neat and actually do make me think of Tron. The orchestra is too "this is a movie soundtrack," even if I do like them. Hearing Jeff Bridges on one track so far (not all the way through yet) was pretty cool.

Archived