IGNORED

Aphex Twin joins Pitchfork Music Fest Paris

flaptop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you guys hate so hard on pitchfork and hipsters, there are far worse things out there.

Our American friends seem to hate it the most. To me it's just a boring website. Perhaps over the pond it's some other kind of beast?

Pitchfork sucks, but whatever... I guess if it means more people will listen to Aphex, I can be okay with that. Just as long as he doesnt become an overly hipster thing to love for all the wrong stupid and ironic reasons.

I also think it'd be fucking hilarious if he played Windowlicker, Come to Daddy, and maybe a couple off Druqks then busted out the unreleased...

Ventolin (2 Hour Edit Version) :rdjgrin:

Guest Masonic Boom

This is probably completely hypocritical, but I dislike Pitchfork because it has this weird ability to polarise people into this debate of "love it, read it every day" and "hate it (read it every day anyways)" and "jesus christ who cares shut up about pitchfork already" to the point where a conversation because not about the artist, but about pitchfork.

In which I fully admit I've become completely complicit by being yet another person yapping away in the third camp.

If you've got a problem with the "other fans" who listen to your fave musician and complain about why "they" love them, then to be honest, you need to take a good look at yourself and your motivations for being a fan in the first place.

That said, I can understand not wanting to go to a huge gig packed full of people you hate, regardless of your reasons for hating them.

that said, I'm really really REALLY tempted to go to this, despite pitchfork, despite hipsters, despite annoying stadium gigs - simply because I wanna see Erol Alkan give Mr D.James blowjobs backstage, metaphorical or otherwise. If there even resulted just a picture of the two of them in the same room, my vagina would pretty much explode with delight. :crazy:

• 1 year later...

ever heard of Mix Master Morris? I noticed on his facebook page he was complaining about getting paid. Apparently he doesn't get paid for gigs until 90 days later and often promoters dont pay for almost a year. So he has to front for the travel to the gig himself.

He says its like that for everyone, but i hardly believe Aphex would put up with that shit.

He says its like that for everyone, but i hardly believe Aphex would put up with that shit.

i booked a few gigs and and always worked with contracts stating that money should be paid before the gig, or the gig won't happen. 90 days after sounds like a lousy temp job where you put up flyers or something.

ever heard of Mix Master Morris? I noticed on his facebook page he was complaining about getting paid. Apparently he doesn't get paid for gigs until 90 days later and often promoters dont pay for almost a year. So he has to front for the travel to the gig himself.

sounds like he needs a new agent

Guest Social Spastic

If you've got a problem with the "other fans" who listen to your fave musician and complain about why "they" love them, then to be honest, you need to take a good look at yourself and your motivations for being a fan in the first place.

yep ....

I just discover this 2 videos on youtube.

Good quality...maybe a full live recording somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbKRCTOGnRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBG8hLEvsP4

People still go nuts for the amen, should shut up people who are always crying that it's been done to death.

inside the dimensional universe yes. outside is the nothing that is everything forever. soon, the dimensional universe will have completed its process, its purpose for being allowed to exist - at which point we will all be sent home, everything will be dissipated into eternal-everything-nothingness, complete and perfect in every way

that is what one might be drawn to conclude, given our limited perspective, from this side of the looking-glass. it is just not so. however, as we approach our new state of being, we will hear the most sweet, wistful sounds, at which point we will then realize afx, at this final conclusion, of time and space as we know it, has finally blessed us with new albums. this will be our final temptation, our final test before entering our new awareness

My mate was filming backstage for BLOC weekend last year when AFX played. He certainly doesn't put up with that shit. In fact, I won't go in to any detail but he's quite the Prima Donna. Don't get me wrong.. I still worship the ground he walks on!

My mate was filming backstage for BLOC weekend last year when AFX played. He certainly doesn't put up with that shit. In fact, I won't go in to any detail but he's quite the Prima Donna. Don't get me wrong.. I still worship the ground he walks on!

can you please go into more detail? i would very much enjoy that

can you please go into more detail? i would very much enjoy that

yes so would I, please divulge...

Archived