IGNORED

GESCOM - Skull Snap

Redruth

Guest sirch

Naming scheme for the second track is 02-cake-mic.mp3 I know that public links aren't allowed but as these tracks are almost public on their website I'm asking moderators to make an exception. So here are all tracks mp3 128

wut da fecks? bad move, man. bad move!! :facepalm:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened once, and won't listen again until the vinyl is on my turntable.

It's very good though. I kept waiting for an MC to come in on track 3..

I believe track 3 was played at the last AE tour in Manchester by Didjit. I remember that sinister little breakdown/lead and wondered what the tune was at the time. Solid.

really fucking nice, some of this sounds like its sampling second bad vibel on track 2 , damn wtf!!!

edit: now that i'm listening again it sounds almost as if the whole track is made by sampling it, pretty crazy

Good spot! I reckon you're not far off!

Loving this so much...

Just a reminder that regardless of how you come across them, links to copyrighted music is absolutely, under no circumstances, allowed on here. Anyone else posting links will be warned like the others, and possibly be banned in light of this overt reminder not to do so.

You're taking sales away from what will probably be a very small run and a niche release at best - if you expect artists to bother making and distributing more music like this, you have to give them the financial backing to be able to do so.

Just a reminder that regardless of how you come across them, links to copyrighted music is absolutely, under no circumstances, allowed on here. Anyone else posting links will be warned like the others, and possibly be banned in light of this overt reminder not to do so.

You're taking sales away from what will probably be a very small run and a niche release at best - if you expect artists to bother making and distributing more music like this, you have to give them the financial backing to be able to do so.

no one is fuking taking sales away. get off it.

if it's in a small run then how the fukelse will anyone here it to begin with.

if they're that intereste in sales then they wouldnt be doing very small runs,

oh no - gescom releases are totally stuck on the shelves because of the downloads! get real.

no offense but you need a better approach than tht.

The files are still available by direct link on their WP site, and I don't know why they would upload them if they didn't want them available. It was by mere chance I had the idea of trying the other file names and I venture to say that's what they wanted, but whatever

These tracks are really good... they have a classic (pre-ISS:SA) Gescom vibe that's been gone for a decade or so. Kudos to coax for uncovering them! By the way, does anybody else hear shades of VHS head in tracks 5 and 6?

As for the raging argument at hand, in this case it's doubtful that the artists will suffer due to having these traded ahead of the release. However, I can understand that Joyrex doesn't want the forum to degenerate into a music-swapping venue, which would detract from discussions etc. Better to keep it clean above board, and leave file-sharing for PMs.

Guest viscosity

what is this track 6 you speak of

good stuff though, track 3 is either a heavily edited live track or just allot of crowd sampling

no one is fuking taking sales away. get off it.

if it's in a small run then how the fukelse will anyone here it to begin with.

if they're that intereste in sales then they wouldnt be doing very small runs,

oh no - gescom releases are totally stuck on the shelves because of the downloads! get real.

no offense but you need a better approach than tht.

The assumption that they would press more if they were interested in money is pretty baseless. Lots of times, artists put run limitations on things that they don't feel are that "important" to keep around, as opposed to pressing thousands of an album that is more assured in terms of staying power...which isn't about sales at all. This could easily be a "single" for a larger work to come, or even just a nice little boutique collector's thing on the side.

Of course, I'm making assumptions too. I have no idea what the intent of Skam or Gescom is, but whether it's money or concept doesn't really matter. In the end, you're essentially justifying the act of replacing a physical work with a digital file...and I feel sorry for you if you see both of those things as the same.

Of course, I'm assuming you were being serious too. Internets on WATMM = easy to be sarcastic/take the piss/etc.

TLDR - It sort of ruins my day when I see people treating files like a valid replacement for a record.

Guest viscosity

they are all direct from the website, same format. might need a url decoder if you view the page source

anyway they are legit

Well then. The whole reason I bought it was because of these files.

JR was right to take the link down. But he shouldnt of bother reasoning, because it doesnt make any sense.

what is this track 6 you speak of

good stuff though, track 3 is either a heavily edited live track or just allot of crowd sampling

I meant tracks 4 and 5, sorry for the confusion.

And I agree that there's no need to lecture to us when taking down these links. Everybody basically understands, and giving a reasoning is asking for unproductive arguments.

Archived