Hey I actually saw the film and gave it an honest chance, I pointed out what I thought worked and what didn't. What I did find to be the most disappointing about the film however was indeed the hype that surrounded it, which is an element of any work of media that demands consideration and critique; In my mind a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes for example was completely unwarranted for this film and I expressed that, then tried to engage with others as to why that occurred.

I apologize for mis-representing your overall outlook then. I have no problem with this summary here.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

Might watch this movie based on its ridiculously high IMDB score.

I've seen this three times. Twice paid for it in IMAX 3D third snuck in. Each time to see it with new people though. Great movie.

Guest couch

I liked the movie but I mean, it was just an eye candy movie. There isn't anything intellectually stimulating about it. It's just simple fun. That said, I expected mindless fun going into it. And boy does it deliver.

Never really followed comic heroes growing up so the nostalgia factor doesn't hit me. I don't care if a superhero is accurately portrayed, since the way I see them in the movie is often my first real exposure to them. (aside from like...using them in MVC2 type games).

I don't get why hulk was unable to control himself the first time and able to the second time he transformed. meh. Also I wanted edward norton as hulk but w/e.

Of course it's eye candy, but it's pretty damn awesome and entertaining eye candy. It doesn't have anything too deep or intellectually stimulating, but damn is it fun to watch and that is exactly what a super-hero movie should be IMO. The effects are great, the little one-liners and comedic moments are actually legitimately funny in a comic book fashion without being overly cheesy (i.e. the Spider Man movies), and the action is HUGE. It's a near-perfect summer flick, and a great pay-off to all the Marvel flicks building up to it. Some of the most fun I've had watching a film at the theater in quite a while.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I don't get why hulk was unable to control himself the first time and able to the second time he transformed. meh. Also I wanted edward norton as hulk but w/e.

I was pretty confused by this as well. I googled it, like an ambitious bad ass, and from what I gathered it's because: he had not accidentally turned into the Hulk for over a year, so he had saved up a lot of uncontrollable frustration rage and that he can mostly only control the Hulk when he chooses to voluntarily make the transformation.

Fucking embarassing LOL at my malt liquor fueled rant about Avenger cunts. I'm an idiot.

(Not going to read anymore whining and babbling from miss lopez, the two sentences I read earlier from her saying THAT HER EVENING WAS TERRIBLY RUINED BY THIS ATROCIOUS MOVIE was already more cringe worthy than my drunkest of posts)((that's saying a lot folks. I'm biased though, I've been meaning to ignore miss lopez for a while now, I procrastination I will promptly resolve)

.... and now I have 2 peeps on my ignore list. Who's next? Do you feel lucky? Do you feel lucky punk?

Are you... alright, man?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Perfectly fine, I was drinking quite a bit while recording that day and had not slept. Was mostly just joking around.

what i actually appreciated about the movie was that as far as 'eye candy' is concerned it didn't really try excruciatingly hard like movies such as Transformers are Battleship. For me what made the movie truly entertaining beyond a normal popcorn film was the script was extremely punchy and fast paced, and the story was dynamic and slightly interesting.

I was pretty confused by this as well. I googled it, like an ambitious bad ass, and from what I gathered it's because: he had not accidentally turned into the Hulk for over a year, so he had saved up a lot of uncontrollable frustration rage and that he can mostly only control the Hulk when he chooses to voluntarily make the transformation.

That's very interesting.

You also have to explain how the Hulk was competent though. Is David Banner able to control the Hulk completely now? Notice at the end of the movie he was cracking jokes and making comments inbetween scenes.

i forgot to mention, i got a very pleasurable 'asian' or even indian flavor out of this movie, almost like what would a group of asian filmmakers do with a budget of 200 million for a super hero movie. It's relationship to the american movie schema (besides the 3rd act transformers like CGI fest) was almost non existent. We need more just over the top big budget movies like this in general

interesting observation. The alien ships reminded me of chinese dragons

Guest couch

Oh.

The highlight of this movie for me was seeing the Prometheus trailer in 3D.

That's very interesting.

You also have to explain how the Hulk was competent though. Is David Banner able to control the Hulk completely now? Notice at the end of the movie he was cracking jokes and making comments inbetween scenes.

Well at the end of the Hulk movie, if you remember, he's meditating and brings on the change at will and then grins.

Oh.

The highlight of this movie for me was seeing the Prometheus trailer in 3D.

That's very interesting.

Well at the end of the Hulk movie, if you remember, he's meditating and brings on the change at will and then grins.

Thanks

great action, extremely muddled plot for Joss Whedon. So the ideas was fly around in the helicarrier all day and keep it from getting shot down? also didn't the Hulk disappear for like half the movie at one point?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i found this film boring and pointless, the dialogue was shitty, it didnt feel like it moved forward atall, completely demotovating. the only enjoyable part was seeing the spaceship things boosh round at the end. they were pretty cool.

Archived